L’oreal USA offers a Fellowship Program for Women in Science for the academic year of 2023-2024. Five women in post-doctoral science will be awarded annually with a total award of $60,000 each to celebrate their contributions to the STEM ( Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math) Fields and to honor their commitments to serve as role models in the modern generations.
The scholarship offered by L’Oreal USA for Women in Science was created because of the belief for the world needs science and science needs women, as the company believes in women empowerment, women who can change perspective in the world.
More Information about L’Oréal-UNESCO For Women in Science International Fellowships program
L’Oreal USA for Women in Science has been awarded 95 postdoctoral women’s science since 2003, and nearly $5 million in total scholarships have been awarded. This year they are looking for an exceptional female in science who is seeking to advance their research and serve as a model for the new generations of women in STEM.
To celebrate its 18th year in the USA, the Women in Science Fellowship will be awarding five women in cooperation with eligible universities in the USA. The For Women in Science International program functions at numerous levels in request to arrive at women at all stages of their scientific careers and support them in overcoming the obstacles that often keep women from becoming senior researchers. This starts with our International For Women in Science program, which honors five splendid female scientists every year for their noteworthy commitment to advancing research, promoting their work internationally, and empowering them to go about as good examples for aspiring women scientists and people in the future.
An international, exceptionally respected scientific jury will select the five laureates from hundreds of nominees, recognizing their distinguished achievements on a worldwide scale. They reward researchers Throughout everyday life and Ecological Sciences, Physical Science, Mathematics, and Software engineering in substitute years. To support women-drove scientific greatness in addressing societal needs around the world, they will select one Laureate from every one of the five significant continents: Africa and the Middle Easterner States, Asia, and the Pacific, Europe, Latin America and the Caribbean, and North America. Every Laureate receives €100,000 to further her research, together with media training and extensive media opportunities to raise her profile within the international scientific local area and the overall population.
- Academic Year: 2023-2024
- Applicant’s Nationality: USA
- Degree Level: PhD
- Field: STEM
- Scholarship Awards: $60,000
- Number of Awards: Five
- Gender: Women
- Duration: NA
- Offered Annually: Yes
- Renewable: No
- Scholarship Country: USA
Before proceeding with the application, the candidates must meet the following eligibility:
- Must have a presented Ph.D. and have started in a postdoctoral research position by January 28, 2023
- Must maintain the status of postdoctoral researcher all through the fellowship year
- Must be American-conceived, naturalized resident, or permanent resident
- Must be a subsidiary with a U.S.-based academic or research institution
- Must arrange to direct their postdoctoral studies and research in the U.S.
- Must be involved in basic research in the life and physical/material sciences, engineering and innovation, software engineering, and mathematics
- Must not be in a faculty position
- Must focus on something like twenty hours of movement in support of women and girls in science (for example mentoring, classroom visits, media, events)
- Must be accessible during the seven-day stretch of November 13, 2023, for the For Women in Science Awards Week.
To apply for the fellowship program, eligible candidates must access the provided application portal of L’Oreal and be able to complete the application form including the required materials for the fellowship.
It is important to read all the necessary requirements and application procedures to be able to be considered for the program.
As part of the application process, the candidates must be able to submit the following:
- Complete application form
- Three recommendation letters, one letter from the formal advisor or mentor, 2nd letter from the post-doctoral advisor, and the third letter from someone of the applicant’s choice. Keep in mind that an additional letter will not be accepted.
- The letter of recommendation must be sent electronically through the online application portal. The portal will be sending out an instruction to the applicant’s registered email, if any case that the recommenders encountered some issues regarding the submission, the applicants may contact ([email protected])
- Proposed Research Plan, the research plan must exceed three pages, and the three pages must include the research plan as well as the references.
- Candidate’s Statements should not exceed one page
- Community Service Statements should not exceed one page
- Is is important that the candidate’s statements wil outline how L’Oreal USA for Women in Science Fellowship Program can help conduct or further the research studies which also includes professional advancement and activities, and why the funds form the fellow is important in your research.
- Budget Justification, the budget should include the details on how the candidates allocate the fellowship funds, a budget template will be provided on the application portal.
- Mentoring Essay, the essay must provide information about the candidates mentoring activities and other community services related to supporting women in science.
In the application process, all the required documents must be clear and follow the requirements in font size, and typefaces indicates on the application portal instructions.
Fellowship Awards and Use
The L’Oreal USA for Women in Science will be awarding 5 successful candidates with a total award of $60,000 each, and the award will be intended for the applicant’s research and career developments which can be used towards their tuition fees, meetings, and gatherings, hiring support staffs, publication, laboratory fees, computer or any other technical supports, instruments, and equipment.
The successful candidates may allocate 10% of their awards to the budgets of their community service or outreach program. The indirect cost also includes the accommodation rent, health insurance, utilities, and any other related fees.
The deadline to complete and submit the application is until January 27, 2023. Late and incomplete applications will not be considered.