SOAS University of London in the United Kingdom will award around five Anthony Dicks Memorial Scholarships to students from developing countries for the academic year 2021/2022. Each scholarship is worth a total of £6000. Students that meet the criteria are encouraged to apply.
The scholarships will be awarded on the basis of academic merit as judged by the Selection Panel based on the information submitted by the student in his or her scholarship application as well as the online entrance application for admission.
University of London 2022 application Students from developing countries can now apply for Anthony Dicks Memorial Scholarships.
About the Scholarship:
SOAS University of London is a fascinating institution with one of the world’s most unusual teaching faculties, located in Bloomsbury, London’s academic heartland. The school is a research center for themes related to Asia, Africa, and the Middle East. It was formed in 1916, and since then, it has built a reputation for quality and unrivaled knowledge in African and Asian law, business and environmental law, languages, and human rights. One of SOAS’ most valuable assets is its location. London provides one of the top student experiences in the world, and students at the institution are in a great position to take advantage of all that the city has to offer. A wide range of services, including cafes, restaurants, and bars, as well as art galleries, parks, and museums, are all within a short walk of campus. London is a diverse and ever-changing city with a plethora of internship and career possibilities in a wide range of fields. According to the QS World University Rankings 2021, SOAS is an extraordinarily diverse university, with 51% of its students originating from outside the UK, which is over five times the global average. With one of the finest staff-to-student ratios in the UK, the school concentrates on small group instruction and can provide highly individualized mentorship and a lot of student contact time. SOAS has a massive repository of information in both its recorded materials and human capital, and the school serves as a consultant to government agencies and multinational enterprises in London and around the world. Graduates at SOAS go on to work in a variety of fields, many of which contribute significantly to global society. Because SOAS is located in downtown London, students are in close proximity to one of the world’s largest and most diverse economies. There are nearly limitless job prospects for graduates, as well as a robust network of advisors and teaching staff that can provide help and connections for future career.
The breadth and diversity of the extended alumni group to which graduates belong is perhaps the most important feature of graduating with a SOAS degree. Graduates leave university as members of an intellectual and cultural community that offers opportunities for worldwide career and social mobility. SOAS is an international, forward-thinking university with a century of experience in forging worldwide ties. According to the Times Higher Education, SOAS University of London is among the top 25 universities in the UK in the World Reputation Rankings 2021. These rankings are based on the largest invitation-only opinion poll of senior, published academics in the world. Scholars are asked to pick no more than 15 universities in their specialty that they believe are the greatest for research and teaching. SOAS is one of the world’s foremost research institutes covering Asia, Africa, and the Middle East. The Brunei Gallery, which organizes a changing program of contemporary and historical exhibitions from Asia, Africa, and the Middle East with the goal of presenting and promoting cultures from these countries, is also housed there. The Faculty of Arts and Humanities, the Faculty of Languages and Cultures, and the Faculty of Law and Social Sciences make up SOAS. It is home to the SOAS School of Law, one of the most prestigious law schools in the United Kingdom. SOAS is a member of the Commonwealth Universities Association.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): SOAS University of London
Scholarship Country: United Kingdom
Scholarship Worth: £6000
Study Level: Masters
Nationality: International Students
Each scholarship is worth a total of £6000.
Eligibility for Scholarship.
To be considered for an Anthony Dicks Memorial Scholarship at the University of London, you must:
- The applicant must be a citizen of a developing nation. The following is a list of developing nations.
- Not having spent at least one year (academic) studying or working in a high-income nation
- Have a first-class honours degree from a UK institution or an equivalent degree from another country.
- Have an unconditional offer of admission to pursue a full-time LLM at SOAS by the scholarship application deadline (without pre-sessional English language). If your offer is conditional, make sure you complete the requirements by the deadline to earn an unconditional offer. Please retake your English test and receive an unconditional offer (without pre-sessional English language) by the scholarship deadline if your offer is unconditional with a pre-sessional English language requirement.
- The following criteria will be used to evaluate candidates:
- A Selection Panel decides on academic merit.
- Based on the information you supplied in your scholarship application as well as your online admissions application. The degree results, as well as academic references, statements, and other relevant material, will be scrutinized by the selectors.
The University of London 2022 Anthony Dicks Memorial Scholarships for Students from Developing Countries is open to all International Students
- Are you both interested and qualified? To apply, go to docs.google.com and type in SOAS University of London.
- You must first submit a comprehensive application for your program, followed by an application for this scholarship. To be considered for this scholarship, you must be a U.S. citizen. Please keep in mind that the Department may take up to four weeks to examine complete admissions applications, however this can vary based on the time of year. During peak periods, you should expect to wait up to six weeks.
- By the time the Scholarship panel meets, you must have a formal offer for your program. It is recommended that you apply for the program at least six weeks before the deadline (that is, by 21 March 2022).
- Applications that are late or incomplete will not be accepted.
- Procedures for applying for scholarships
- A two-step approach is followed:
- STEP 1: Fill out an application for your program.
- How to Apply provides instructions for applying for Postgraduate Admission as well as information on what constitutes an application.
- STEP 2: Submit an application for the scholarship by May 2, 2022, at 23:59 (UK local time).
- This scholarship must be applied for using the online application form.
The application deadline for University of London 2022 Anthony Dicks Memorial Scholarships for Students from Developing Countries is May 2, 2022. It should be worthy of note that the University of London 2022 Anthony Dicks Memorial Scholarships for Students from Developing Countries is renewable for each year.