The University of Buenos Aires has been a public research higher education institution since 1821. This makes the university around 200 years old by this point. Nobel Prize winners are part of the alumni of the University of Buenos Aires, which goes to show how wonderful their education system is laid out for students.
Academic school programs available at the University of Buenos Aires include:
- SCHOOL OF AGRONOMY
- SCHOOL OF ARCHITECTURE, DESIGN, AND URBAN PLANNING
- SCHOOL OF ECONOMIC SCIENCES
- SCHOOL OF EXACT AND NATURAL SCIENCES
- SCHOOL OF SOCIAL SCIENCES
- SCHOOL OF VETERINARY SCIENCES
- SCHOOL OF LAW
- PHARMACY AND BIOCHEMISTRY
- PHILOSOPHY AND HUMANITIES
- SCHOOL OF ENGINEERING
- SCHOOL OF MEDICINE
- SCHOOL OF DENTISTRY
- SCHOOL OF PSYCHOLOGY
This is not a complete list, this is only the list for postgraduate studies only.
Italian students may end up receiving free Spanish language classes while staying in Buenos Aires during their research time frame. However, with Spanish being the official language, these languages are routinely spoken throughout: Arabic, Italian, German, English, and French.
- All applicants will need to email the Argentine Embassy in Mexico to begin the process of this application.
- Only postgraduate students who are Mexican citizens may apply. If the student does not immediately fit this exact definition then they are not suitable for this scholarship. There are however, many other scholarships available on the University if Buenos Aires website.
- Students that fit the eligibility will need to submit an email to the Argentine Embassy in Mexico for this scholarship opportunity.
- Students must be working on their Master’s level degree who intend to pursue a postdoctorate education.
- Students will need to provide the fact they will be willing to research stay in Buenos Aires from 6 months to a year.
The admissions aspect to study in Buenos Aires will be conducted through the Embassy of Buenos Aires located in Mexico. Since this is a government-based scholarship, students will need to contact the embassy about applying to study in Buenos Aires. Students will need to contact the Embassy themselves to begin the process of working on being entered into this scholarship.
How to Apply
The only way to apply is mentioned above, stating that the official way to secure a spot as a research student who can go and study in Buenos Aires at the university, it by being an Mexican citizen who emails the Buenos Aires Embassy in Mexico. This is the only way to successfully begin the process of being chosen for this scholarship option.
Reward – Extra Benefits
The reward for this scholarship is monthly allowance for at least 1 year. For an entire year this amount comes to a grand total of $6,000 USD.
Deadline Time Line
The official deadline time line is suggested to follow the actual application admissions timeframe for their deadline at the University of Buenos Aires. There is a suggestion that this timeframe can change according to the amount of delay time that a student could experience while their paperwork is being analyzed through the Embassy.
Open Submission Window Time Frame
The official open submission window time frame is suggested to follow the actual application admissions timeframe for the University of Buenos Aires. There is a suggestion that this timeframe can change according to the amount of delay time that a student could experience while their paperwork is being analyzed through the Embassy.
Annual or Renewable Scholarship Options
This is an annual scholarship. As far as a reoccurring renewable option, this scholarship is for a limited time only. So, no this scholarship is not renewable.
We also suggest that all applicants read through the information guideline page that is available through the original scholarship link. This way, the individual can navigate the website correctly and identify the real scholarship online application. So far there has been no mention of any delays for this opportunity or any cancellations.