The University of Sydney invites all high achiever international students to apply for the Sydney Scholars Awards for the academic year 2022-2023. The scholarship will be intended to support 12 students to pursue their undergraduate degrees in Australia.
Sydney Scholars Awards
Over the years, the University of Sydney promotes and support every student s to better achieve their goals and give them more opportunities to further their education without the financial barriers. The university is committed to fostering the best students and offering a wide variety of scholarship opportunities.
One of the opportunities is the Sydney Scholars Awards, intended for undergraduate students who have the potential, leadership skills, and academic excellence. Over 12 international students wil be awarded for the academic year of 2022-2023.
Sydney Scholars Awards is one of the competitive scholarships offered by the university, the dedication of the university to support the success of every student can lead to a better community and the development of every student’s life.
Scholarship Provider: The University of Sydney
ABout the Provider
The University of Sydney is one of the best universities in Australia that offers a wide range of scholarship opportunities for both local and international students who wants to pursue their education and can gain more knowledge and development to be more prepared in this modern world.
Studying at the university can help every individual explore and expand their skills and be more active in the interactions that will lead them to success. As one of the leading universities, they respect every community and organization on campus, which leads to a better workplace and classroom. The unique experience that every student can experience while being admitted at the university will equip them with the right values in society and to the community.
- Academic Year: 2022-2023
- Nationality: International
- Degree level: Bachelors
- Field: All eligible courses offered for the undergraduate degree program at the university.
- Number of Awards: 12
- Scholarship Award: $12,000
- Scholarship Country: Australia
Before proceeding to the application process, interested students must check the eligibility of the scholarship to be able to proceed and be qualified on their application.
- Applicants must be a local and international students who will be due to complete or has been completed the Australian Year qualification such as the HSC or will be equivalent to the International Baccalaureate
- Must be able to apply for admission at the University of Sydney.
- Achieve an ATAR of 95 higher
- Must be applying for the year that the students have completed their secondary school.
The scholarship will be based on the academic excellence performance of the applicants, it is required that the NSW Secondary school of the applicant’s Certificate Examination must be 95 up to 99.85 ATAR or equivalent to the following:
- are applying for a bachelor’s degree at the University of Sydney via UAC in the year they pass the NSW ATAR or its equivalent; and
- apply for a scholarship through the university-defined system in the year of completion of the HSC or equivalent degree, and
- already achieve the ATAR minimum requirements of the university by the time of the application for the scholarship.
- will enroll in a bachelor’s degree or combine bachelor’s degrees immediately upon completion of the HSC or equivalent degree (subject to deferment under Section 3c)
The application for the scholarship can be made through an online portal provided by the University of Sydney.
- Interested students must check their eligibility before proceeding on to their applications.
- Must be able to complete the application forms online.
- On the application, students are required to list down their accomplishments, they can write down their achievements, demonstrate their leadership skills and their involvement in the community and activities.
Things to know before starting your application
Before starting your application form, it is important that every step and requirement should follow to completely submit the scholarship application. Listed below are the requirements needed before starting the application process:
- Application Number
- Email, the email must be the student’s personal email to be registered on the portal. The student’s personal email will also be the email to receive an update on your application.
- Faculty preferences
- HSC trial results
- Transcript of records
- Personal Statements
Writing your personal statement is very important on the scholarship application, this statement will be reviewed by the scholarship committee to better understand your perspective and views in every situation.
At the start of the statements, students must include their name and introduce themselves, their achievements, goals. Personal statements must outline the following in 1000 words.
- Why did you choose the course program?
- Academic achievements
- Personal and future goals
- How you can demonstrate your leadership, activities that are involved with, and community services.
- Your current contribution and future achievements.
- Is there anything you would like to say about yourself and about the university?
Before submitting the application
After completing all the application forms and requirements, it is important that every document has been checked and proofread thoroughly. Check every grammar, word count and must ensure that all documents you have provided will support your scholarship application.
An incomplete application will not be considered for the scholarship application.
The scholarship will be based on the following:
- Applicants academic merit
- Personal statement
The Sydney Scholars Awards are valued at $6,000 and will be tenable to one year of the deserving student’s undergraduate degree to cover their educational expenses at the university.
The Deputy Vice-Chancellor of education will be awarded the scholarship based on the recommendation of the scholarship committee.
- The scholarship award will be paid in 2 installments each semester.
- Scholarships cannot be postponed without prior approval from the scholarship office.
- The scholarship award can be transferred to other undergraduate degrees at the university, it requires approval from the scholarship office.
- The recipient of the award must be enrolled in a full-time program of the university during his/her scholarship year.
- Scholarship can be suspended on case to case basis.
- No other fees will be payable.
The Sydney Scholars Award will open its application on April 8, 2022, and the deadline for application submission is until September 30, 2022.