The University of Fiji has a collective scholarship fund that receives its funding from individuals, companies, and private donations that go to help students in financial need. With annual college tuition costing nearly $20,000 for each student, that means a student can receive a generous lump sum that would be put towards paying off their full tuition cost.
The university is actually being established by Arya Pratinidhi Sabha who happens to have given around $400,000+ in reward to help students to receive scholarships to pay for tuition and fees costs.
This is available to undergraduate students only, and those students will need to figure out what academic programs they prefer to take:
- Business Administration
- Commerce (Single or Double Major)
- Small Business Administration
- Humanities and Arts
- Language, Literature and Communication
- Science and Technology
- Medicine and Health Sciences
- iTaukei Language and Culture
- iTaukei Language, Literature and Culture and Management
- Applicants’ interests must be attending the University of Fiji.
- Interested individuals must understand that this is a financial need scholarship which means students will have to show proof that their family is considered low income.
- There is a work-to-pay scholarship option that students will need to send an email to the email address presented in the contact section of this article. This tends to be an option that a lot of students choose when it comes to paying off tuition.
- Students must be citizens of Fiji or a permanent resident of the country. This scholarship is not for international students since hardship finance information will need to be given.
- Both male and female students are encouraged to apply for this scholarship.
- Students must have paper representation that states they are currently a student at the University of Fiji.
The biggest requirement is that students must be accepted, send in admissions, or enrolled to be able to apply for this scholarship opportunity. Otherwise, that student will not be able to submit an application form for this scholarship.
How to Apply
When a student enrolls at the University of Fiji they will receive the application form for this scholarship. That is the only way to receive the scholarship form application afterwards, the student will fill out all of the needed information and submit it to admissions.
The biggest form that a student will need to fill out is the hardship index that is stated in the criteria form SL1/12/8. If this is not filled out, then the student will be passed up if they send in a scholarship application.
Reward – Extra Benefits
The scholarship can either pay a minimum of $6,000 to students who can use the amount to go towards tuition.
However, students who are chosen for this reward will need to move forward to complete a bond form and other requirements specified by the Scholarships and Loans Committee. This is a requirement after becoming an awarded student.
Now the reward amount is dependent on how much is available for that year. At times the reward does vary.
Another outlet option for this scholarship is a borrow-to-study which would allow the student to not be charged interest. So that means no student would be paying anything back as a school loan as excess interest.
Deadline Time Line
The official deadline date is also the deadline date for admissions to the University of Fiji. So that will be fairly easy to follow.
There is no mention of receiving an extension for the deadline for any single student however, students that are interested in seeing if they qualify can contact the email that is given in the contact section on this page.
Open Submission Window Time Frame
The open submissions window time frame is before the admissions deadline date, at least 6 months in advance. Be sure to check the website link that is the link to the university website, which states that students can apply now at any time. It is assumed that students will be grouped to the nearest season admissions time frame such as Spring, Fall, or Winter.
Annual or Renewable Scholarship Options
This is an annual scholarship however, this is not a renewable scholarship. This is strictly for new enrolled students that are facing financial difficulty. Although, and students should use the email to inquire, students can receive 2 to 3 years worth of funding that can cover enough of the student’s college career.
Here at Pick a Scholarship we offer a full range scholarship database for all students looking for varying degree levels. While we provide exact information for each scholarship application and when the deadlines/open submission windows are held. We offer a contact section on each post where the admissions of the university or the director of a private sponsor can be reached to give more information or details.
All students should check with the university website about any delays or changes to the open submission window or deadline time frame. This is the best way to see if anything needs to be reviewed or changed before submitting their application.