The Cooke College Scholarship Program offers an exceptional opportunity for high-achieving high-school students who can demonstrate their financial needs and aim to pursue their undergraduate degree for the academic year of 2023-2024. The Undergraduate Scholarship offered by the Jack Kent Foundation aims to support and empower outstanding talented students to pursue their higher education at any eligible top-tier university across the nation,
The scholarship not only recognizes the student’s academic excellence but also acknowledges their financial needs to further their education, ensuring that the students deserve access to the resources they can acquire to achieve their academic goals and future careers. Through the help of the program, the students are not just scholars for the future, they wil also become part of the community that fosters academic achievements and leadership skills, that can ultimately contribute to a more equitable and inclusive community.
Cooke Foundation for over two decades, has had unwavering commitments to further the education of exceptionally talented students who are facing a financial burden to pursue their education. The Cooke Foundation College Scholarship Program is one of the competitive and largest undergraduate scholarship awards offered for high-school seniors. The scholarship awards intend to cover the student’s educational expenses, including their tuition fee and other comprehensive program funding.
About the Jack Cooke Foundation
Since the foundation was established in 200, they have made a remarkable impact by awarding nearly $250 million in scholarships to individuals spanning from their 8th grade to graduate degrees. Beyond the financial assistance, the foundation also extends its reach through comprehensive educational advice and range of support service that aims to ensure that all promising students will receive the guidance they need for their academic success. Moreover, the foundation has enriched the education system by granting about #131 million to organizations that are dedicated to serving students, making a lasting and profound difference in their lives.
Jack Foundation started its first operation in Lansdowne, Virginia serving the first 50 Cooke Young Scholars selected for the secondary scholarships. The foundation helps the College Advising Corps to launch and serve low-income students.
About Jack Kent Cooke
Jack Kent Cooke, an exceptional individual, was born on October 25, 1912, in Ontario, Canada. In his youth, he displayed remarkable talents as a musician and an athlete, harboring a deep affection for ice hockey, as well as proficiency with the saxophone and clarinet. His desire for formal education, but he was compelled to leave high school during the Great Depression to work on a full-time job to support his family. Mr Cooke believes that education and learning is a lifelong journey. Throughout his life, he remained enthusiastic and acquired knowledge and skills in various lessons such as sports, music, literature, and architecture.
Year 1997, he passed, Mr Cooked’s fortune was dedicated to establishing the Cooke Foundation became a testament to his enduring commitment to education. The Foundation continues to provide financial assistance to exceptional students with transformative opportunities that he envisioned for the next generations. Every 25th of October, the Cooke Scholar Community commemorates Jack Kent Cooke’s Birthday and celebrates his positive and generous impact on countless lives that have changed because of the inspiration and motivation the foundation offers for the young generations to fulfill their education.
- Applicant’s Nationality: Local and International
- Degree Level: Undergraduate
- Duration: 4 years
- Number of Awards: NA
- Scholarship Country: United States
- Renewable: Yes
- Offered Annually: yes
- Field: Any
- Scholarship Awards: Financial Awards
Before proceeding with the application, the students must meet the eligibility criteria for the scholarship.
- The applicants must be able to demonstrate their academic achievements and be admitted to an undergraduate degree.
- The students who take a year off after their high school program are not eligible to apply for the scholarship. Applicants must start their application during their senior high. However, students who don’t qualify for this scholarship may be able to delay it for a year but the university or institution must agree to it.
- Applicants are not required to pursue their college in the USA, however, they must be enrolled in an accredited four-year college or institution regardless of their location, if they want to pursue their undergraduate degree.
- Graduate from any USA high school in 2024 spring.
- Must intend to be admitted to a 4-year college beginning in 2024 Fall.
- Must have earned a cumulative GPA of 3.5 or above.
- Must be able to demonstrate their financial needs. The foundation will be considering the annual gross income of their family up to $95,000. During the selection process for the scholarship program, the foundation will also conduct a financial review for the candidates.
- Homeschooled students are encouraged to apply for the scholarship awards.
- Students with GED DIplom, are not eligible to apply for the scholarship awards.
All applications will be individually reviewed by the foundation Selection Committee. The selection criteria will include the following:
- Strong academic record (minimum GPA of 3.5).
- Outstanding teacher recommendations.
- Demonstrated enthusiasm for learning.
- Leadership qualities.
- Persistence and adaptability.
- Financial need
The application can be completed in an online portal provided by the Foundation. It is important to complete all necessary information needed for the selection process. Additional materials will be required to better support the application.
- Two academic recommendations
- One Counselor recommendation
- School report
- Transcript of records
The deadline to apply for the Common App used as an application portal is until November 16, 2023. All semifinalist applicants will be announced by January 2024, and the final announcement for the scholarship recipient is by March 2024.
The scholarship will be amounting to up to $55,000 to attend a four-year undergraduate degree.