Victoria Graduate Award Scholarship is one of the scholarships offered by the Victoria University of Wellington for New Zealand and international students. These scholarship awards are available to pursue the Postgraduate Program for the year 2023.
If this satisfies you, you are 2 minutes away from getting a scholarship worth $5,000. This could be a lifetime opportunity you have been looking to study in New Zealand.
This post gives you detailed information about the Victoria Graduate Award Scholarship and how you can successfully apply for it.
You can scroll through the table of contents below to get an overview of everything this post entails.
Table of Contents.
- About Victoria Graduate Award Scholarship
- Level/field of study
- Host Nationality
- Eligible Nationality
- Scholarship Voucher
- Victoria Graduate Award Scholarship Eligibility
- How to Apply for the Victoria Graduate Award Scholarship
- Victoria Graduate Award Scholarship Deadline
About Victoria Graduate Award Scholarship
The most important goal of the university is to provide comprehensive, high-quality training and educational opportunities that are compatible with the diverse needs of students.
The University of Victoria has a tradition of cultivating powerful global links in research and teaching and programs of national value and international quality.
As a Principal applicant, applicants must offer a recent International English Language Testing System (IELTS) certificate in which they achieved an overall band score of 4 (or 3 if applying under Investor 2) or more in the IELTS General Module or Academic.
Level/field of study
The Victoria Graduate Award Programs The scholarship is awarded for pursuing a postgraduate program and the scholarship is available to study any of the courses offered by the university.
The Victoria Graduate Award Programs Scholarship is located in New Zealand. If you are looking for undergraduate scholarships or master’s scholarships, you can click on the links to various categories to find other scholarships available to you in 2021.
Nations eligible for the Victoria Graduate Award Scholarships are New Zealand students and international students from other countries. you can browse through our list of scholarships by country to select any scholarship for a particular country you want to study in.
These awards consist of domestic tuition fees payable for the nominated degree program up to the value of $5,000. Postgraduate awards are given solely on the basis of academic merit and the number of scholarships varies.
Victoria Graduate Award Scholarship Eligibility
The following criteria must be met for applicants to be eligible for this scholarship:
- The planned program must include at least 90-course points at the 400 or 500 level.
- These scholarships are not available for post-experience or vocational master’s degrees eg MBA, MLIS MMIS, nor for students intending to embark on the fourth year of a four-year bachelor’s degree program eg LLB, BTech, BEng.
- Postgraduate Diploma study will only be considered if recognized as Part 1 of a two-year Master’s course.
- Applicants are expected to have achieved at least an A grade point average (GPA 8.0) of 72+ points at the 300 level or above. At least 60 of these points must be in your nominated specialization or, for a specialization that requires less than 60 points, the additional points must be in a level 300 subject, either in your specialization or a related subject.
- The Graduate Victoria Awards will be awarded solely on the basis of academic merit by the University Research Scholarship Committee.
- Applicants are expected to have achieved a minimum A grade point average (GPA 8.0) of 75+ points at the 300 level or above. At least 60 of these points must be in your nominated major or, for a major that requires less than 60 points, the additional points must be in a level 300 subject related to your major.
- These scholarships are awarded based on available funds which determine the final minimum GPA requirement in any given year.
- Earning a Victoria Graduate Award is conditional on the scholarship recipient gaining enrollment in the intended Honors or Masters program.
- The awards are for domestic tuition only while you study at the Victoria University of Wellington and are not available for field trips or exchanges.
- English language requirements: Applicants can show that they speak English if they have been in qualifying employment in New Zealand and have been in it for at least 12 months or can show:
Completed primary and secondary school for at least three years using English
– Completed secondary education for at least five years in schools using English.
– completed a tertiary course of three years or more in institutions that use English.
How to Apply for the Victoria Graduate Award Scholarship
Applicants who have not completed all of their studies at the University of Victoria should:
An online application will be available approximately one month before the closing date.
* Enrolling as an Honors or Masters’s student and applying for a Victoria Graduate Award are two separate processes. The holding of a Victoria Graduate Award is conditional upon the receipt of the scholarship and obtaining enrollment in their intended Honors or Masters program.
Victoria Graduate Award Scholarship Deadline
The scholarship application deadline is annually in November.