International students who will begin their studies at the University of Manchester in September 2022 will have the opportunity to receive rewards totaling more than £1.7 million thanks to the generosity of the University of Manchester. The award is available to those who will be continuing their education after completing their undergraduate degree.
About the Scholarship:
The Victoria University of Manchester and the University of Manchester Institute of Science and Technology (UMIST) merged in 2004 to become what is now known as the University of Manchester, which has its headquarters on Oxford Road in Manchester, England, in the United Kingdom. It is modeled after the civic university movement that took place during the tail end of the 19th century and is a public research red brick institution. In addition, this prestigious institution is a fellow member of the Russell Group of Universities.
The university provides instruction at the undergraduate, graduate, and postgraduate levels, in addition to programs leading to degrees and certifications. In the 2018–2019 school year, the institution had a total enrollment of 40,250 students and had more than 10,400 faculty and staff employees working on its campuses.
The University of Manchester is organized into three faculties, each of which is further broken into schools that are responsible for instructing a certain set of subjects. The School of Biological Sciences, the School of Medical Sciences, and the School of Health Sciences are the three schools that make up the Faculty of Biology, Medicine, and Health at this university. The Faculty of Science and Engineering is composed of two distinct schools: the School of Natural Sciences and the School of Engineering. The School of Arts, Languages and Cultures, as well as the Schools of Combined Studies, Education, Environment and Development, Architecture, Law, Social Sciences, and the Manchester Business School, are all included in the Faculty of Humanities of Manchester University.
The University of Manchester Students’ Union is the primary student organization at the university, and it is also well-known for being the largest students’ union in the country. The University of Manchester Union and the UMIST Students’ Association came together to form the student union. This led to the establishment of the student union. The fact that the Union is not led by a president but rather by an administrative committee comprised of eight people who work toward the improvement of the institution is one of the distinctive characteristics of the Union.
Students are strongly encouraged to take part in extracurricular athletic activities, and there are numerous well-being facilities available to them. These facilities can be found at the Armitage Sports Centre in Fallowfield, which features outdoor pitches, indoor halls, and a fitness suite; the Manchester Aquatics Centre and Sugden Sports Centre in the city; and the Wellbeing Rooms on campus.
Students at the University of Manchester have access to a robust support network, counseling services, free sports and well-being activities, and workshops for developing academic and personal skills such as time management, essay writing, and referencing. All of these things contribute to the university’s commitment to holistic development. At the University of Manchester, social responsibility is taken very seriously. In addition to the many opportunities for students to volunteer in and around the city, there is also an event called the Ethical Grand Challenge, which provides a forum for students to work together to find solutions to the challenges that are currently facing the world.
Famous and noteworthy alumni of the University of Manchester include Lord Terence Burns, Chairman of Santander UK; Professor Brian Cox OBE, Physicist and Science Communicator; Winnie Byanyima, Executive Director of Oxfam International; Benedict Cumberbatch CBE, Actor; and Winnie Byanyima, Executive Director of Oxfam International. Skyscanner was founded by Chuka Umunna MP, Gareth Williams, and Bonamy Grimes. Chuka Umunna MP served as the shadow secretary of state for business, innovation, and skills in the past. Presenters like Sophie Raworth from BBC News, Sir Philip Craven MBE, President of the International Paralympic Committee Professor, Dame Sally Davies, Chief Medical Officer for England for the United Kingdom government, Teo Chee Hean, Deputy Prime Minister of Singapore, and Parineeti Chopra, Actress, are some of the notable people who have participated in the event.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): University of Manchester
Scholarship Country: United Kingdom
Scholarship Worth: £5,000
Study Level: Undergraduate
Nationality: International Students
- The Global Futures Scholarships will be given out to students who demonstrate outstanding academic achievement and who thoughtfully respond to the questions included in the online application form (which will be sent via email to all qualified offer holders).
- The ten partial prizes will be available to applicants who are domiciled in Nigeria, Kenya, Ghana, Egypt, Botswana, Tanzania, Zambia, and Zimbabwe. South African applicants will also be eligible.
- Each grant consists of £5,000 for the first year of education, with an additional £5,000 awarded in the second year of study contingent upon the recipient maintaining a grade point average of at least 60% in the first year of study.
- The financial assistance that students receive in the shape of scholarships will be provided in the form of a reduction against the standard rate of advertised tuition.
- Take note that the application form won’t be given to you until after you’ve submitted an application and been extended an offer.
Eligibility for Scholarship.
- For the purposes of these prizes, applicants must be international fee-paying students who are domiciled in one of the following countries: South Africa, Nigeria, Kenya, Ghana, Egypt, Morocco, Tanzania, Zambia, or Zimbabwe.
- The applicant must be applying for direct entry into the first year of the program and must either either have or be working toward the A-levels or the IB Diploma certificate.
- Applicants for the African awards are required to have accepted a conditional or unconditional offer to study a full-time program at Manchester. They are also required to submit an online scholarship application form by the 20th of May 2021. Awards will be given after the results of the applicant’s IB and A-level examinations are confirmed in July and August 2021. The application form will be sent through email to everybody who is eligible to receive it.
- The academic merit of the applicants as well as the quality of their scholarship applications will be taken into consideration when making the award decision.
- Applicants are required to provide their own funding (ie not sponsored).
- Candidates who are interested in pursuing degrees in medicine (MBChB), dentistry (BDS), or architecture are ineligible for the grant.
- Prior to May 22, 2022, applicants must have indicated through UCAS that they intend to study business or insurance at the University of Manchester.
- The information that was provided above is a summary that can be used by you to check your eligibility. Make sure that you download and read all of our Terms & Conditions before using our services.
These scholarships are given to students in remembrance of the tragic events that occurred in the Department of Econometrics and Business Statistics and its honors students in October 2002. These scholarships were made available through the Department of Econometrics and Business Statistics, as well as gifts from a variety of individuals, including alumni.
The University of Manchester 2022 Global Futures Scholarships for African Students is open to all International Students
- You have until the 20th of May 2022 to submit an application form for an online scholarship. The application form will be sent through email to everybody who is eligible to receive it.
- The awards were determined once the IB and A-level results were verified in July and August of 2022 respectively.
- Candidates for the African awards are required to demonstrate that they have either conditionally or unconditionally accepted an offer to enroll in a full-time program at Manchester and to submit an online scholarship application form by the 19th of June 2022. The application form will be emailed to anybody who is eligible to receive an offer, and the winners will be selected by the middle of July 2022.
The application deadline for University of Manchester 2022 Global Futures Scholarships for African Students is June 19, 2022