Our scholarship program will offer two scholarships (undergraduate or postgraduate) to holders who are seeking asylum or who have refugee status in the United Kingdom but are not eligible for financial assistance in the coming academic year (2022/23).
About the Scholarship:
Woolwich Polytechnic, where the University of Greenwich was founded in 1890, was the first institution to receive a Certificate of General Legal Instruction (CGLI) in 1892. The University of Greenwich was established in 1992 when the institution was elevated to the status of a university and renamed. Over the years, the university has established itself as one of the world’s leading research and academic institutions. It has received accreditation from a number of prestigious organizations, including the CIPD, the APS, and the AMBA. There are three campuses at the University of Greenwich, which is noteworthy. These three campuses are located in different parts of the United Kingdom. The Avery Hill Campus and Greenwich Campus are located in London, while the Medway Campus is located in the English county of Kent. At the heart of the Greenwich campus is the Stockwell Street Building, which houses television and film studios as well as a library and high-tech editing suites, as well as a number of other facilities. Additionally, the Dreadnought Building, which cost £25 million to construct, houses the campus’s social and teaching spaces. In addition to four clinical skills labs, two weatherproof sports pitches, a sports hall, a large lecture theatre, and a gymnasium, the Avery Hill campus has excellent sports and educational facilities as well. The Medway campus is equipped with numerous study facilities, including an 8,000-square-foot lab, the Drill Hall Library, residential facilities, and a student hub. Numerous undergraduate and postgraduate programs are available at the university in a variety of fields such as accounting, finance, architecture, science, business, management, engineering, the fine and performing arts (including English), social science (including history), law (including marketing), nursing (including pharmacy), and psychology (including psychology). Furthermore, the university offers these courses through its Faculty of Architecture, Computing, and Humanities, Faculty of Business School, Faculty of Education and Health, and Faculty of Engineering and Science, among other departments. A number of regional and international academic institutions have formed partnerships with the university in order to provide students with opportunities such as student exchange and study abroad programs. Furthermore, the university’s industrial placement program is available to assist students in finding suitable employment opportunities.
In total, the University of Greenwich has over 225,000 alumni spread throughout the world. There are a number of well-known alumni, including Charles K. Kao, who is a well-known physicist who won the Nobel Prize in physics for his work on the first use of fiber optics in telecommunications transmission. Malorie Blackman is the author of a number of well-known novels, including Hacker, A.N.T.I.D.O.T.E, Pig-Heart Boy, Tell Me No Lies, and Dead Gorgeous. Malorie Blackman was born in the United Kingdom. Jamie Adenuga (Jme) is a well-known record producer and the co-founder of the Boy Better Know collective of artists. Ethiopia’s Prime Minister, Abiy Ahmed, is the country’s third leader. Blur’s drummer, Dave Rowntree, is one of the most well-known musicians in the world. He also works as an animator, solicitor, and politician in the United Kingdom. Greenwich University is a leading modern public university that offers a diverse range of subjects across its four faculties: the Faculty of Liberal Arts and Sciences, Business School, Faculty of Education and Health, and the Faculty of Engineering and Science. It is one of the top public universities in the country. Greenwich staff and courses received high marks in recent National Student Surveys, demonstrating the University’s continued commitment to student success. Additionally, the University receives high marks for student satisfaction, with the departments of Business Administration; English Language and English Language Teaching; Computer Security and Forensics; Computing with Games Development; Financial Mathematics; Midwifery; and Public Health all receiving high marks. Nursing studies and pediatric nursing, two diploma programs offered by the university, received perfect scores on all of their exams. This year, the University of Greenwich received a Silver rating from the Teaching Excellence Framework, and it has also been awarded three Queen’s Anniversary Prizes for Higher and Further Education. Further improvements worth £150 million are being made to its campuses and facilities, as part of an ongoing expansion program. You can check out these other Master and PhD Scholarships from the University of Greenwich. All first-year Greenwich students are guaranteed housing. Accommodation at Avery Hill and Medway is very close to their respective campuses, whereas students at Greenwich will have a 5 or 10 minute walk depending on which rooms are reserved. The University can also assist students in finding privately rented housing and guarantees that all new students will be assigned a place to live, either in a hall of residence or in University of Greenwich-approved housing. Greenwich University has three campuses: Avery Hill in south east London, Greenwich and Medway in Kent. Greenwich is the largest campus and is located on the banks of the Thames, which is a World Heritage Site. It is widely regarded as one of the most beautiful campuses in the world, with buildings designed in the 17th century. The Medway Campus is a modernized Edwardian redbrick campus that houses the Engineering and Science Schools. It, like the Greenwich Campus, has historical ties to the Navy due to its location on the former shorebase HMS Pembroke. The Avery Hill campus is in Eltham, surrounded by green fields but close to the city.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): University of Greenwich
Scholarship Country: United Kingdom
Scholarship Worth: £5,000
Study Level: PhD
Nationality: International Students
The following will be awarded to successful scholars:
- Waiver of annual tuition fees
- Maintenance assistance in the amount of £5,000, payable in three instalment
- Avery Hill Campus receives a one-time waiver of its annual accommodation fees.
Eligibility for Scholarship.
To be eligible to apply, applicants must meet all of the eligibility requirements listed below.
- If you accept, you will be enrolled in a full-time undergraduate or postgraduate taught course at the University of Greenwich, beginning in either year 0 or year 1, with the course beginning in September 2022.
- You will be based on one of our three campuses: Greenwich, Avery Hill, or Medway, depending on your preference (except Medway School of Pharmacy).
- It is necessary to pay the tuition fee to the University of Greenwich directly if you are studying with a Partner College
- As a result of your current immigration status, you are unable to apply for Student Finance (including Tuition and Maintenance Loans).
- You do not already hold a qualification that is equivalent to or higher in level than the course for which you are submitting an application.
- You are a citizen of the United Kingdom.
- Documentary proof of your circumstances must also be available for review and acceptance of your application.
- Immigration and naturalization status
- It is necessary that you hold one of the following immigration statuses before applying for a Sanctuary Scholarship award at the University of Greenwich in order to be eligible for the award:
- Asylum seeker from the United Kingdom
- Leave to Remain in the United Kingdom on a discretionary basis (obtained after an asylum application)
- Leave to Remain in the United Kingdom was limited (obtained after an asylum application)
- Protection for humanitarian reasons (obtained after an asylum application).
- Furthermore, if you are a dependant of an individual who holds one of these immigration statuses, you will be eligible to apply.
The University of Greenwich 2022 The Sanctuary Scholarship is open to all International Students
To request an application form, send an email to [email protected] with your full name and Greenwich ID number in the subject line.
The application deadline for University of Greenwich 2022 The Sanctuary Scholarship Is May 27, 2022.It is worthy to note that Simmons University 2022 Kotzen Scholarship is renewable every year.