Are you one of the students at James Cook University in Australia that is currently enrolled in the Science and in Engineering Department? The scholarship is a big help to help students be more prepared and build their confidence in planning for their future without financial barriers. If you have a driven and passionate attitude towards getting your dream job then the scholarship offered by the university might be one of your options to go through.
To gain more knowledge and take advantage of developing skills, James Cook University in partnership with the Hall Constructing company in Australia offers a scholarship for undergraduate students that will encourage them to further their education and be prepared for their future career plans.
Scholarship Provider: James Cook University
About the University
James Cook University located in Australia is a public university that uses cutting-edge and interdisciplinary research and is ranked in the Best University in Global awards. The university is committed to giving high-quality education, research, and learning that equips every student with the right knowledge and skills to be ready in their future workplace and be job-ready. The university has activities to explore and support the local and international students. Comprehensive libraries that can be accessed online or on campus, can experience the latest technologies and enjoy multiple sports facilities.
Partnership with Hall Constructing Company
The Hall Constructing Company is one of the largest civil and marine constructing companies that have a lot of offers internationally. The company wants to give back support to international and local students in Australia by sponsoring a scholarship program and employment opportunities to deserving students at James Cook University.
- Academic Year: 2022-2023
- Degree: Bachelor Degree
- Course: Engineering, Marine, Science, and Environmental studies
- Nationality: Local and International
- Amount Award: $5,000
- Country of Scholarship: Australia
The students must meet the required eligibility to apply for the Hall Contructing Scholarship, all interested students must meet the following:
- International and local students must be currently enrolled for the academic year of 2022 and 2023.
- Must demonstrate academic excellence for a bachelors degree
- The international students must have an offer of an invitation to be admitted to the university
- Already completed 24 credit points in the current course in the eligible degree of the scholarship.
The scholarship is open to the students who are currently applying or enrolled in the following courses:
- Science or Advance Science
- Marine Science
- Environmental Studies
The application can be completed and processed in an online portal provided by the university. All applications must be set and complete before the deadline set by the university scholarship committee. Here are the required documents to be submitted along with the completed application form.
- Academic records
- Current CV
- Residency proof
- Birth Certificates
A statements letter should be in 150 words for each question, one outline must be consist of 400 words and all will be weight in 20% from the scholarship committee:
- About the student’s background and how will you be able to use your degree in the future.
- How the scholarship can help you further your studies.
- What are the challenges and strategies used to migrate in the widening projects?
Important Note on Application
The application that doesn’t have the relevant documents needed and incomplete forms will not be considered and reviewed. The students must authorize the scholarship committee to make an inquiry on the student’s sustainability and good character to be able to receive the awards that also includes the authorization to check the student’s academic backgrounds and seek an opinion from the staff and relevant members of the university or other college institutions.
The scholarship criteria are:
- 40% on the Students academic merit
- 20% on the familiarity in the students chosen courses and future career
- 20% impact on the scholarship
- 20% for the awareness and right knowledge in channel widening projects
The awards of the selection may be discreet and will be made by the following:
- Science and Engineering Dean
- Head of the Engineering Department
- The head staff of the Environmental Science
- Director of Topwater
The scholarship selection committee will take responsibility for the interviews and they will be the ones to determine whether the students are eligible to receive the awards. The approval of the awards will be prior to the decisions and termination of the scholarship wil be reviewed thoroughly by the academic boards, in some situations the awards can be returned to the sponsor or donor and be offered for the next academic year.
The deserving students who will be receiving the awards will be given an amount of $5,000 to be used towards their educational costs or tuition fees.
Condition of the Award
- The deserving students who will be receiving the awards must be interested in completing their work experience at the Hall Contracting company.
- If the students will take leave then the scholarship awards will be terminated
- The students may be able to request a review of the scholarship decision according to the provision in the student’s appeal.
Scholarship Application Important Dates
The scholarship will be opened on March 1, 2022, and the deadline for completing and submitting the application will be until April 5, 2022. The James Cook University in partnership with the Hall Contracting Company will be offering the scholarship annually, to better give chance for the deserving local and international students to further their education and have an amazing chance to have employments at the company.
- Scholarships are administered by the scholarship office on behalf of the committee.
- Funds from the scholarship will be deposited in an account in the name of the university and will be managed by the university official who is responsible for the administration of the scholarship.
- If an award gives the recipient an outside advantage or liability for an outside position, the University, its employees, and other agents shall not be liable for such benefit or liabilities.
If your applications are completed and reviewed, applicants will be receiving a notice or email that it’s been completed. After the deadline of the application, all submitted documents and forms will be reviewed or assessed by the committee of scholarship. All students who will be receiving an email must be able to attend the interview process.