Taking the first step for success is never been easy. All of us came from different countries and places where we all think about success. Everyone has different ambitions and passions to work on what’s really important to us. Changing what’s possible is what the University of Melbourne hopes for. So for the local and international students who have a big dream to fulfill their career and future goals, the university offers scholarships to help them achieve it.
Suzanne and Geoffrey Dawson Scholarship
The University of Melbourne offers the Suzanne and Geoffrey Dawson Scholarship to encourage the high achieving local and international students to be admitted to the Master of Teaching and pursue research in the education field.
For the academic year of 2022-2023, the university wants to see an outcome that will enhance the advancement of the education field that can provide equal access to fully develop the learning facilities and contribution to the community.
Scholarship Provider: University of Melbourne
About the Provider
The University of Melbourne located in Australia is one of the leading universities that make a global impact all over the world. Graduates from all over the world have been thought of as well-rounded and be more thoughtful and skilled in terms of their chosen professions.
The university has distinguished itself for developing high achievers and their strategies that support and provide experience and research that will assist their partners worldwide. Attracting professionals to lead and ensure the growth of leadership over generations.
Annually the university offers a variety of scholarships to help the local and international students to develop their skills and knowledge without thinking about their financial barriers. An accountable and a world-class university that ensures to development of more leaders and is more viable.
- Academic Year: 2022-2023
- Nationality: Local and International Students
- Degree Level: Masters
- Field: Education
- Numbers of Scholarship Awarded: 1
- Scholarship Benefits: $5,000
- Scholarship Country: Australia
Before taking the steps to your scholarship application, make sure that you have met all the following eligibility
- Local and international students.
- Enrolled or admitted in the research stream of a Master’s degree in teaching.
- Conduct research in education, the results of which are likely to advance social justice in educational institutions and ensure equitable access to improved learning facilitation in identified communities.
- Each applicant will be reviewed and selected based on application and previous academic achievement in a master’s degree in teaching.
- Preference is given to those studying Masters in Education (Early Childhood or Early Childhood and Elementary School) and/or research projects focusing on Indigenous Peoples Education or supporting disadvantaged communities.
- Interested eligible students can complete their application through an online portal that will be available on the university website.
- Application forms must be completed.
- The selection committee will rank the applications that will be consisting of three academics.
Part of the application will be needing the following:
- Research project description.
- Describe how your research appears to improve the promotion of social justice in educational settings and provide equitable access to enhanced learning facilitation in the identified communities.
- Your motivation on the chosen research proposals.
- Decide whether your project will focus on educating indigenous peoples or supporting underprivileged communities.
- Prepare all the plans you need to continue your research after completing your master’s degree in teaching.
Application Form Navigations
- On each screen (form page) you will find a form content navigation pane that leads directly to each application page. Click the link to go directly to the desired page.
- You can click “next page” or “previous page” at the top or bottom of any page to move forward or backward in the app.
Submitting the Application Forms
The application form can be saved as a draft until the whole scholarship application is completed. Here are the following steps on submitting the scholarship application:
- At the bottom of the navigation bar, you will find the preview and submit buttons. You must review your application before you can submit it.
- After reviewing your application, you can submit it by clicking “Submit” at the top or bottom of the screen or in the navigation pane. You cannot submit your application until all required questions have been completed and no validation errors.
- Once you have submitted your application, it is not possible to edit or upload further supporting materials.
- When you submit your application, you will receive a confirmation email with a copy of the application you have submitted. It will be sent to the email address you registered.
In case there is no confirmation of submission received, then it was presumed that the applciation was not submitted.
To support your scholarship application, interested students can attach their documents to the application portal. The documents must be 25MB files, moreover, the university advises that it is better to keep the files smaller to a maximum of 5MB.
List of Documents
- Copy of Passport
- Transcript of Records
- Language Certificates
- Other relevant documents that can prove your applications.
The University of Melbourne will be providing an amount of $5,000 to successful students who can demonstrate their academics and research proposal. The award can be used towards their educational expenses.
The deadline to submit the applciation form will be until March 15, 2022. All incomplete applications will not be considered.
The scholarship will be offered annually.
The successful student will be notified by May 2022, the scholarship committee will be conducting a final review before the confirmation.
University of Melbourne Other Opportunity
The University of Melbourne offers a variety of scholarships yearly, the scholarship rewards are created to support every individual that can demonstrate their academic excellence and their willingness to pursue their career goals.
- Melbourne Chancellor’s Scholarship
- Access Melbourne Scholarship
- National Merit Scholarship
Those top three scholarships to look after this academic year of 2022-2023, can award the successful students up to $8,000. Bursaries are also available to different types of needs that can help with the financial pressure and just focus on your studies.
For any other concerns and inquiries about other scholarship opportunities, students can submit an email to firstname.lastname@example.org