The Swinburne University of Technology offers a range of scholarship opportunities to promote equity and recognize the student’s excellence and academic achievements. They want the students to reach their potential and achieve their goals for their career and their life.
For the academic year of 2022-2023, the Swinburne University of Technology in partnership with the Avanade Company offers the Avanade Women in Stem Scholarship to provide financial assistance to the deserving female students who wish to further their undergraduate degree at the university and the scholarship awards duration will be up to four years for the whole course program. Only eligible courses will be accepted for the scholarship.
The scholarship recipient will be provided with more opportunities that will enable them to develop their skills and knowledge and enhance their professional skills to better support their interest in their chosen career by means of mentoring and meaningful engagements and a higher employability rate at the Avanade Australia.
Scholarship Provider: Swinburne University of Technology
About the Provider
The Swinburne University of Technology is often referred to as Swinburne. It started as Eastern Suburbs Technical College in 1908 and is now an Australian public university in Melbourne. Swinburne organizes various cultural events, community workshops, and activities aimed at developing students’ personalities and communication skills.
The Swinburne University of Technology is one of the world-class universities that offer high-quality education and creates social and economic impact through the use of science, innovation, and technologies. Since the university has been founded, Swinburne continued to flourish and gained university status in 1992.
The Swinburne researchers had gained their reputations for delivering high-quality research with particular strengths in the field of physics, astronomy, material science, engineering, information technology, computer science, health science, design, innovations, mental health, and neuroscience. Supported by leading digital technology platforms, their researchers work with industry through integrated collaboration to foster innovation and impact.
Avanade is one of the leading providers of innovative digital and cloud services, enterprise solutions, and experience-based design based on the Microsoft ecosystem.
Avanade cares about the people and places where they work and want to create a genuine human impact by giving inspiration to the businesses and technologies in the future and creating more leaders in the industry. The company cares about the future of the digital workers, and especially about the diversity, they know the importance of attracting more young women to study science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM). That is the reason why together with the Swinburne University of Technology created the scholarship program.
Their STEM scholarship invests in the young women’s future and careers and provides mentorship, internship, and support to help beneficiaries achieve their education and career development. Avanade has partnered with prestigious universities around the world – and in Australia, they are proud to launch the Avanade Women’s STEM Scholarship with Swinburne started in 2022.
- Academic Year: 2022-2023
- Applicant’s Nationality: Australian Citizen
- Degree Level: Undergraduate
- Field: STEM
- Number of Awards: Two
- Duration: Four years
- Scholarship Amount: $5,000
- Scholarship Country: Australia
- Renewable: Yes
- Offered Annually: Yes
- Only offered to Female Applicants
- Computer Science
- Information and Communication Technology
- Health Science
Eligibility and Selection Criteria
To be able to begin the application process for the scholarship, interested students must meet the following criteria:
- Must be a female students
- Australian or Australian permanent resident
The students must be able to meet the following enrollment criteria:
- Must be commencing their undergraduate degree in any of the eligible courses at the Swinburne for the 1st semester of 2022.
- Must be able to be admitted to a full-time program of any of the eligible courses offered by the university.
- On-campus students.
The interested applicants must be able to complete the application form through an online portal provided by the Swinburne University of Technology and be able to submit the required documents.
As part of the scholarship application process, the students must be able to provide the following documents to support their application.
- Financial hardship documents such as Payslips, Centrelink statements, and bank statements can also be used to explain in a personal statement.
- Resume or Curriculum Vitae
- Must be able to submit a personal statement outlining the following in 500 words:
– Passion for the chosen course
– How the scholarship can help you achieve your goals.
Scholarship total Value
The scholarship will be valued at up to $5,000 annually and will be awarded for up to four years. Two students will be awarded for the academic year 2022-2023. The recipient of the scholarship award must agree to the terms and conditions applied to the scholarship award.
Scholarship Important Note
The recipient of the award will be evaluated for the results of the scholarship within two weeks of the results being published. If your performance is below the required average, the next steps will be applied:
- If you do not achieve the required grade point average or lose credits, your scholarship will be suspended during the next semester/course. No payment will be made while the scholarship is suspended.
- If the scholarship achieves the required minimum average during the suspended semester/study period, the scholarship will be resumed in the next semester/study period.
- If the scholarship does not reach the required minimum average during the suspended semester/study period, the scholarship will be canceled and no longer paid out.
- In case of failure to reach the required study load during a semester or a study period, the scholarship will be forfeit.
The deadline to complete and submit the application is until May 31, 2022. Late and incomplete applications will not be considered. The scholarship will be offered annually.
Applicants must be able to read the application guidelines for the scholarship at the provided website of the university.