Do you want to have a scholarship in the United States as an undergraduate student? If yes, the Richie’s Spirit Foundation Scholarship is now available for undergraduate students to receive financial assistance to support their education.
About my Richie Spirit Foundation Scholarship
The Richie’s Spirit Foundation Scholarship was established in honor of Richie’s memory with the goal of inspiring others to live with a positive spirit. Richie’s Spirit Foundation has a mission to promote organ donation to people of all ages through educational awareness programs.
The Richie’s Spirit Foundation offers a scholarship fund known as the Significant Challenge College Scholarship Program used for a college education.
This program is a form of financial assistance open to a deserving high school senior who is graduating with a minimum 3.4-grade point average and who plans to attend a vocational school, community college, or as a full-time student at any college.
The high school graduate applying for the Richie’s Spirit Foundation scholarship must demonstrate certain personal qualities such as good character, leadership, community affairs, initiative in school, and excellent academic records. Additionally, the high school senior must have taken challenging courses throughout their high school career.
Applications are reviewed by a panel of judges and the winner of the scholarship applications will be announced immediately, usually during the summer. The amount of financial aid varies from year to year, from $1,000 to $5,000.
The Richie’s Spirit Foundation Scholarship is available to undergraduate students who are pursuing a bachelor’s degree in any field of study at the university for a period of four years.
The Richie’s Spirit Foundation Scholarship is held at any vocational school, community college, or college in the United States.
The value of the Spirit of Richie Foundation scholarship varies from year to year. It usually ranges from $1,000 to $5,000. It is held once a year and the funds are available once during undergraduate studies at the university. The scholarship will be renewed or renewed. It lasts ONLY one year.
The Cailloux Foundation Scholarship is available to legal students who are citizens of the United States.
The Richie’s Spirit Foundation awards ONE deserving student the scholarship each year. Their selection criteria are strictly based on merit.
In order to qualify for the Richie’s Spirit Foundation Scholarship, the applicant must meet certain requirements listed below:
- You must be a legal citizen of the United States.
- You must be a senior at an accredited US high school.
- You must be planning to attend a vocational school, community college, or four-year university full-time for the next academic session.
- You must have taken challenging courses throughout your high school career.
- Earn an average grade of 3.4 or its equivalent on a 4.0 grading scale
- Demonstrates certain personal qualities such as good character, leadership, community affairs, initiative in school, and excellent academic records.
For more information click here
Scholarship Application Procedures
Applications are made online at the scholarship website. Click here to apply
Scholarship Application Deadline
The application deadline for the Richie’s Spirit Foundation scholarship differs for each year, and the application for 2022 is closed.
However, the new application date and deadline will be announced on the official scholarship website when it opens for applications.
You can get more information on the official Richie’s Spirit Foundation scholarship website.
Spirit of Richie Foundation
PO Box 390, New York,
NY 10276, United States of America
Other related scholarship
The Nitro Student Scholarship Sweepstakes is a scholarship opportunity available to college or university students who are legal residents of the US and their parents. A scholarship value of over $2,000 is awarded each month to students from any university within the United States.
You can start your application and learn more about the scholarship by clicking here.
Nitro aims to help parents pay for their children’s college fees, through a simple process that does not require any type of essay. You can start your application and learn more about the scholarship by clicking this link.
Brave Persuaders Video Fellows 2022-2023
What is Courageous Persuaders Scholarship? According to the Courageous Persuaders website, students can “Create a television commercial aimed at high school students to warn them about the dangers of underage drinking.
Earn scholarship money and trophies, have fun and gain valuable experience. The grand prize-winning commercial will air on television and the team that created it will work with Pluto Post and the Detroit Automobile Dealers Education Foundation to improve its place on the air.”
Who is eligible to apply?
Open to all high school students in grades 9-12, not just those taking video production.
To enter, create a 30-second commercial to warn middle school students about the DANGERS OF UNDERTAKING DRINKING, OR THE DANGERS OF TEXTING WHILE DRIVING. Students can enter separate videos in both categories.
How much is the scholarship worth?
There are a number of prizes and amounts. Click here for the details!
When is the scholarship application deadline?
Due to inclement weather, the deadline has been extended to 5 pm on Friday, February 2020. Your entry must be submitted online or postmarked by this date.
March: Middle school evaluators judge videos.
May: High school winners will be announced at the Courageous Persuaders Awards celebration.
Here are some useful links:
Official Rules and Instruction Guidelines
The Competition / 2020 Official Rules and Instructions
The following rules must be followed, or your video will be disqualified
- Your ad must be 30 seconds or less in length, and your message must be about the dangers of underage drinking or the dangers of texting while driving. Students can enter separate videos in both categories. High school classrooms are your target audience. Videos will be judged on their originality, creativity, and persuasiveness.
- There are two ways to enter your commercial: (a) Upload a video entry to the Internet (ie YouTube, Vimeo, or SchoolTube ) along with completion of the online entry form; or (b) you may mail the entry form and DVD to Courageous Persuaders®, 1900 West Big Beaver Road, Suite 100, Troy MI 48084.
- Due to inclement weather, the deadline has been extended to 5 pm Friday, February annually. Your entry must be submitted online or postmarked by this date.
- More than one commercial may be submitted by a student.
- In the event that your ad is selected as a winning entry, please save all original work.
- You can enter as an individual or as a team. All team members listed on the entry form must be high school students, in grades 9-12 (ages 19 and under) and the United States or Canadian citizen attending the United States (or US territories). or Canadian high school. The team members are decided by the team captain. Team members must be listed on the entry form. In the event that your ad is selected as a winning entry, the scholarship money will be divided equally among all team members listed on the entry form.
- A Consent Form is required for each individual involved in the creation or production of the commercial, including any music and sound effects. This includes all crew members, all on-camera actors, all announcers, people in photographs, music composers, sound effects creators, and musicians who have been involved in any way. You will only be contacted and required to complete and return the Consent Form if you are selected as a finalist, before your entry is submitted for final judging, broadcast on television, or added to the Courageous Persuaders® website. Everyone involved in the development or production of the business presentation must sign a consent form.
- A Work Cited page is required and must be completed under an MLA or APA formatted and submitted with the consent form if chosen as a finalist. This includes photographs, researched facts, and statistics. Do not use family photos, posted photos, website photos, or movie footage without the written permission of the owner or all persons in the shoot/filming. This includes images of school activities and sporting events. Photos that appear on the Internet and in magazines are generally copyrighted and cannot be used (all movies, video games, and TV footage are copyrighted, as are news photos and movies). Any video or photo submitted using images without the signed permission of the owner of the video or photo will be disqualified.
- No alcohol may be consumed or appear to be consumed during the making of your commercial. You can dramatize drinking by using a non-alcoholic beverage and cutting the scene when the container reaches the actor’s lips. Nothing can be ingested. All “real” alcohol brands must be removed from the bottles or capped from view. Do not use distinguishable alcohol containers, even if the labels are removed.
“Drinking games” are not allowed in your video (ie Beer Pong).
- Ads must be acceptable for broadcast by television stations; Vulgar language and graphic content are not allowed.
- Ads containing dangerous stunts, unsafe driving, vomiting or vomiting, or toilet scenes will be disqualified.
- Do not display company names or logos (i.e. businesses, high schools, colleges, cemeteries), trademarks, or art, including those on hats, shirts, and other clothing.
- Do not include any phone numbers or website addresses except for CourageousPersuaders.com. You can include your name and the names of your team in the video as producers of the video if you wish, but it is not required.
- You may not use images in your video of headstones with legible names and dates unless you have written permission from the family of the deceased. The permit must be presented with your ticket. You can edit the names and dates by dimming or fading them.
- Videos submitted to the Courageous Persuaders® competition will not be returned and may be displayed, duplicated, edited, and displayed for educational or promotional purposes as deemed appropriate by the Detroit Automobile Dealers Association, Inc. Education Foundation. of the video constitutes your approval for such Use and display. We suggest that you make a duplicate of your listing in case it is damaged in a shipment.
- Any video that glamorizes or encourages drinking will be disqualified. Videos submitted by students will be determined ineligible at the sole discretion of Courageous Persuaders®. Any dispute related to a video submission will be governed in accordance with Michigan procedural and substitution law.
- Given the fluctuation in the number of entries each year, we are unable to determine the odds of winning, however, at least 16 prizes are presented each year.