The Ohio State University wants to encourage outstanding graduate students to apply for the International Research Scholarship for the academic year of 2022-2023. The scholarship is a good opportunity for every graduate students to help them with their finances and be at one of the top universities in the USA.
International Research Scholarship
The purpose of the scholarship is to give access to every student to further their education with the help of the International Affairs, Students Academic Success, Research, and the Global Gateway which sponsors the scholarship for graduate students.
Interested applicants must be able to follow the university rules regarding the travel restrictions in designated countries.
Proposals are sought for various research projects and grants, including but not limited to:
- International research and creative expression that can conduct online or abroad
- Solve global problems in a regional context, also in the Global South, all regions of Latin America, Africa, Asia, and Oceana.
- Globally oriented promotion of new knowledge in disciplinary or interdisciplinary contexts
- Implementation of projects and programs in the Global South and in different cultures
- Study local studies, in research and can be scholarships for any geographic or cultural.
- Develop and test global education that promotes equality, inclusion, and diversity.
Scholarship Provider: The Ohio State University
About the Provider
- Engaging Ohio students and faculty in international education and research experience
- Facilitates international students to be one of the scholars and give the right knowledge and skills.
- Promoting excellence in the history of cultures and arts, communities, and study languages.
- Providing information and access to Ohio’s academic experiences for the benefit of communities around the world.
- Applicant’s Nationality: International
- Degree Level: Graduate
- Field: Any filed offer by the university.
- Duration: NA
- Renewable: Yes
- Number of Awards: NA
- Scholarship Awards: $1,000 up to $5,000
- Scholarship Country: USA
Proposals will be evaluated by the scholarship committees from various disciplines, so proposals should also be made available to non-professionals. Awards are based on merit based on the following criteria:
- Carry out research or research projects within the planned time and budget
- Project quality in the context
- Relevance of the proposed budget
Proposals may require support, including:
- Expenditures on research projects (e.g. procurement of data, consumables, materials)
- Development work/thesis, manuscripts, and publications
- Expenditures on developing and hosting conferences, seminars, lecture series (business trips to conferences are not eligible for this award)
Application Proposal Submission
Applicants are required to include the project title without the applicant’s name for the purpose of blind reviews.
- 300 words abstract and not to be exceeded to the given number.
- Narrative, this should be double space and not to exceed to only five pages, 12 pts includes references.
- Budgeting- include the departmental stipends, cost sharing, and other courses developments resources.
- Resume, this should be a short introduction resume and not exceed one page.
- Letter of recommendation from the student’s adviser.
- Submission of the required materials for the application.
Remember, that scholarship can only be awarded to those international students who will be admitted or be enrolled as graduate degree students at the Ohio State University.
The students must be able to read and agreed on the terms and conditions applied for the scholarship program.
The successful students will be receiving an amount ranging from $1,000 to $5,000 and it will be automatically transferred to the beneficiary’s unit after June 30, 2022.
The beneficiary of the awards must sign on the scholarship policy by receiving the awards, which includes:
- Acknowledge support to any of the university publications.
- Reports on any research projects and outcomes in a year.
- Must be able to follow the Ohio State Travel Policy and requirements.
University Travel Policy
- Application Proposal Deadline is until March 15, 2022.
- Applicants will be notified by April 18, 2022.
- Commitments reply will be due until April 25, 2022.
- Awards will be transferred by June 30, 2022, to all successful students for the academic year of 2022-2023.