International students can apply for Performance and Elite Sport Scholarships 2022-2023, which are partially sponsored scholarships. These scholarships are available at Cardiff Metropolitan University for undergraduate and master’s study. These scholarships will provide students with a £5,000 tuition price reduction and access to exceptional amenities.
Undergraduate, postgraduate, and international students who excel in sport (including performance and/or coaching) are eligible for the Elite Sport Scholar Award. Students who meet the qualifications can apply for the prize, which is based on a mix of academic merit and athletic achievements. Scholarships are awarded on an annual basis, and students must demonstrate their continued dedication to Cardiff Met performance sport and personal sporting development in order to be eligible for the scheme for the course of their studies.
About the Scholarship:
Cardiff Metropolitan Institution was founded in 1865 and is a public university. This university, formerly known as the University of Wales Institute, Cardiff, provides degrees in a variety of fields, including business, economics, arts, fashion, communications, and law. In 1976, the university’s four institutions combined to establish the Cardiff Institute of Higher Education. Furthermore, after terminating its association with the University of Wales in 2011, it was given its current name. To build a global character, this university has worked with a number of international institutions. The Arab Academy of Science and Technology, the Beacon International College, and the City Unity College are among these institutions. The Cyncoed Campus, the Llandaff Campus, and the Plas Gwyn Residential Campus are the three campuses of this university. The Cyncoed Campus is a bustling campus that provides students with outstanding sporting facilities. It also serves as the headquarters for the Students’ and Athletics Union. The Llandaff Campus has good sporting facilities, a student union, an on-campus shop, Costa and Starbucks coffee shops, and a refectory. The school is about two miles from the city center and is flanked by parks, playing fields, and the old village of Llandaff. The Plas Gwyn Residential Campus is well-known for its luxurious and secure lodging options. A total of 33,190 students attend the university, with 23,960 enrolling in undergraduate programs and 9,230 in graduate programs. Around 11,000 international students call it home. This university offers Career Services, which connects students with a variety of job options. This service’s main responsibilities include obtaining placement offers, providing internship opportunities, and providing assistance to students. Furthermore, it hosts a slew of job fairs to facilitate networking and career chances.
Many bursaries and scholarships are available at Cardiff Metropolitan University to help students meet their financial needs. The Carers Bursary and the Elite Sport Scholar Award are two of the scholarships available. Cardiff Metropolitan University has a long history of producing accomplished alumni who work in a variety of prestigious organizations. TV personality Roy Nobles, writer Phil Steele, singer Simon Fowler, journalist Jill Dando, and broadcaster John Inverdale are among the well-known graduates in the media sector. This university has produced a number of renowned politicians, including Brain Hancock and Alun Michael. This university also boasted a number of notable sporting figures, including cricketer Hug Morris, rugby player Kieran Crawford, and boxer Nicky Piper. Cardiff Metropolitan University was selected Welsh University of the Year 2021 by The Times and The Sunday Times Good University Guide. The University also jumped 33 places in the league table, the largest jump in the guide’s history and the third highest jump of any university in the UK this year.
Cardiff Met’s exceptional performance in this year’s National Student Survey, where the University was ranked in the top 40 in the UK for both satisfaction with teaching quality and the overall student experience, has earned it the title of Welsh University of the Year 2021. Art and design at the university is well-known, and it did exceptionally well in the most recent Research Excellence Framework. Sports at Cardiff is complemented by a National Indoor Athletics Centre, with 15 alumni competing in the 2012 London Olympics. Close ties with industry and overseas universities, such as the Samsung Art & Design Institute and the International College of Business and Technology in Sri Lanka, as well as the London School of Commerce, help the university. Cardiff Metropolitan University consistently ranks highly in the UK Student Satisfaction Survey, and has previously been ranked first in the UK for student experience, student support, and living experience. Upon completion of their undergraduate studies, 94% of recent graduates were employed or enrolled in additional education.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Cardiff Metropolitan University
Scholarship Country: United Kingdom
Scholarship Worth: £5,000
Study Level: Undergraduate, Masters
Nationality: International Students
The following are the advantages of receiving the Elite Sport Scholar Award:
- They can save up to £5,000 on their program tuition fees.
- Excellent facilities are available.
- Strength and conditioning assistance from UKSCA-certified personnel.
- Nutrition, psychology, physiology, and biomechanics are all examples of sports science support.
- Physiotherapy massage is part of sports medicine.
- Yoga sessions that are both active and restorative.
- Workshops on performance
Eligibility for Scholarship
These factors should be taken into account if you want to be considered for the Elite Sport Scholar Award
- English is a required language.
- All countries in the world are eligible.
- Athletes must meet the following criteria to be considered for a scholarship:
- be enrolled at, or about to enroll in, Cardiff Metropolitan University (any course).
- compete in a BUCS-accredited sport and contribute to the University’s BUCs goals
- be participating at an international level, or be striving to be the best in their sport (national, international, or professional).
- It is a compulsion that their National Governing Body (NGB) coach and/or the University’s coach in their sport must recommend them for the scholarship
- Interested Students of the scholarship will be required to compete for Cardiff Met in the BUCS competition as part of the scholarship process
- Students are to make themselves available as to promote and advertise the School of Sports and Health Science. A repulsion to do might result to the forfeiture of the scholarship
- Also, you must be registered as a full-time student at Cardiff Metropolitan University and hold your Student ID Card to be eligible for the catering or general campus allowance.
- It is worthy to note that the Payment of the prize in years 2 and 3 is conditional on successful progression to the next year of study.
- Applicants who complete a four-year program (including Foundation), as well as those attending part-time and/or postgraduate studies, will be considered.
- You must have full extenuating circumstances for all re-sit credits, unless the scholarship award will not be open to people that are to re sit. The Academic Handbook contains more information on mitigating conditions.
- Re-application must be done yearly (form for completion will be supplied by the Head of Performance Sport).
- Franchise college student are not eligible for this scholarship. For more information on available bursaries and scholarships. contact the college
- Both Elite Sport Scholar and the Postgraduate Scholarship can not be awarded at the same time
- The scholarship is designed to help students to their full potential
- The scholarship will be awarded by a panel consisting of the Head of Performance Sport, the Students Union Sports Manager, and an academic member of staff.
The Performance and Elite Sport Scholarships 2022 | Cardiff Metropolitan University is open to to all international students
To apply for the Elite Sport Scholar Award, please follow the steps below.
(1) Go to this page to fill out an application for the Elite Sport Scholar Award.
(2) Submitting it to the Head of Performance Sport, along with evidence of performance standards and contact information for the coach, in order to obtain a recommendation.
Note: An email notification will be sent to you automatically. Please contact [email protected] as soon as possible if you have not received this notification. You will then be notified if you are eligible, provided you meet the terms and conditions.
Once you’ve completed your examinations and are ready to begin your course, you’ll receive final confirmation of your award.
The application deadline for Performance and Elite Sport Scholarships 2022 | Cardiff Metropolitan University is July 31, 2022