The NSHSS Foundation has partnered with the Captain Planet Foundation (CPF) to encourage environmental stewardship among high school students globally through the Earth Day Award competition. $500 prizes are awarded to high school students for green stewardship, leadership, and volunteerism drawn through Earth Day projects.
Let’s get straight to the NHSS Earth Day Award.
Table of Contents.
- About the NSHSS Foundation
- Level/field of study:
- Host Nationality:
- Eligible Nationality:
- NSHSS Earth Day Award Benefits
- Scholarship Number:
- NSHSS Earth Day Award Application Procedure:
- Deadline for application:
About the NSHSS Foundation
The project was launched in 2013 and is open to all high school students on a yearly basis. It fosters the growth of graduates enrolled in STEM (science, technology, engineering, and mathematics), business, economics, public policy, environmental sciences, and fields of sustainability.
Through special programs, including the NSHSS Honor Society, the NSHSS Foundation connects young scholars with additional opportunities to further their education, personal growth, and career interests.
The goal of the National Society of High School Scholars Foundation (NSHSS) will always be to help increase the representation of African American, Hispanic Women, Asian Women, Native American Women, and women in professions in which these two targeted classes are underrepresented.
Its mission is to support education in the form of scholarships for outstanding and diverse students who express an interest in pursuing careers that:
- Feed the global economy
- Stimulate innovation and creativity, or
- Provide a solid ethical foundation for decision-making.
Let’s talk now about the eligibility for the NHSS Earth Day Award 2023.
Level/field of study:
The competition is available to high school students in the US who support environmental stewardship, leadership, and volunteerism drawn throughout Earth Day projects.
The scholarship is hosted in the USA If you are an international student and wish to study in the USA, this is for your latest USA Undergraduate Scholarships.
The scholarship is available to high school students studying inside and outside of the United States.
NSHSS Earth Day Award Benefits
Scholarship values accumulate up to a cash prize of $5000 to be awarded to the winning high school student.
The number of openings is not specified.
In order for an application to be considered for the scholarship, these requirements must be met as part of the eligibility status;
- All high school students are eligible to apply
- A minimum GPA of 3.0 is required
- Applicants must submit details about an environmental project they are currently working on or one that will be started by Earth Day in their home, school, and/or community. The requirements include a written explanation of the project, including the process, its impact, and how it will affect the future. Submissions should be complemented by a creative component, such as a video, painting, drawing, or collage that highlights the project.
NSHSS Earth Day Award Application Procedure:
- To apply for the Earth Day Award, candidates must submit the online application form.
In addition to the online application, the candidate is expected to submit the following supporting documents:
- Required additional materials include a color headshot suitable for possible publication on the website. These can be uploaded below or emailed to scholarships-at-nshssfoundation.org
- Applicants are asked to submit details about an environmental project they are currently working on, or one that will be started by Earth Day in their home, school, and/or community.
- The requirements include a written explanation of the project, including the process, its impact, and how it will affect the future.
- Submissions should be complemented by a creative component, such as a video, painting, drawing, or collage that highlights the project.
Deadline for application:
The deadline for submission of the completed application package must be received by March 15. You can get more information by clicking on the link