Monash University in collaboration with The Robert Blackwood Partnership and Museum Victoria offers the Museum Victoria Ph.D. Research Scholarship to local and international students. The scholarship inspires and facilitates new research projects and initiatives that will lead to collaboration with high impact and significant external funding.
For the academic year of 2022-2023, local and international students can now apply for the scholarship with a total value of $5,000 as an annual stipend, and will be awarding 2 outstanding students, one in humanities and social science and one in (STEM) Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics.
The scholarship program will be supporting brilliant students around the globe who are willing to step on their educational journey to a Ph.D. degree at one of the Prestigious universities in Australia
Scholarship Provider: Monash University
About the Provider
Monash University is Australia’s public research university, which consistently ranks among the top 100 universities in the world. Monash strives for excellence in education to ensure that students serve the well-being of their communities within their communities.
Choosing the university will give the opportunity for the students to take the first step to their successful careers, Monash University firmly believes in student excellence and ensures that they receive exceptional facilities and education in Australia. They also benefited from more study opportunities at Australia’s largest university. The Monash graduate has the global vision, skills, and confidence to make a positive difference.
The thing that makes the university different from the others is its desire to make a difference, students wil leave with a great sense of purpose, and a global outlook that will lead to contributing a positive impact not only for themselves but also on their communities. As a global network, they have students all around the world including South Africa, Italy, India, Malaysia China, and many more countries, as an international school that aims to help the students, the university offers a variety of scholarships that may be able to support every student to further their higher education and be more prepared to achieve their career and financial goals.
- Academic Year: 2022-2023
- Applicant’s Nationality: Australia, New Zeland, and International students
- Degree Level: PhD
- Field: Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics, Humanities, and Social Science
- Number of Awards: 2
- Duration: NA
- Renewable: YES
- Offered Annually: Yes
- Scholarship Award: Annual stipend with a total value of $5,000
- Scholarship Country: Australia
Before starting the scholarship applications, students must check the following eligibility for the scholarship:
- Must be an Australian, New Zealand, Permanent resident in Australia, Australian, humanitarian holder, and international student.
- Beginning or a full-time doctoral student enrolled in Research Quarter 1 (next year) on the Monash campus in Australia;
- Work on projects that could be under the joint supervision of Monash and Museums Victoria, or for the most part focused on specific aspects of the Museums Victoria collection;
- Must be admitted to a full-time degree program at the university, part-time students are not eligible for the award.
- and in the first two years of candidacy and must meet all course requirements (eg milestones) in a timely manner.
- Good academic criteria
Before applying for this scholarship, you should discuss your project with the appropriate curator at Museums Victoria. As part of your application, you must provide a support letter from the Victoria Museum as well as a written recommendation (maximum 1 A4 page) from the proposed / current leaders regarding the relevance and quality of the project.
The students who with no pre-existing relationship at the museum can contact Mr. Timothy Stranks for further details prior to the scholarship application at [email protected]
All research graduates must have good academic merit to be admitted to Monash University. False and misleading information about the scholarship application will lead to a failed application as well as late and incomplete applications will not be considered for the scholarship program.
Applicants must make sure to read the application thoroughly, scholarships at Monash University have a different application processes. It is important to check all the details before submitting the application before the deadline.
All international students whose first language is not the English language must have good communication skills in oral and written English.
The selection criteria will be based on the quality, relevance, and scope of the research project at the Monash Museums Victoria Collaborative Research Program (such as the ability to develop research collaboration) are assessed along with success records.
Special attention will be paid to persons with joint management of Monash Museums Victoria. The selection of the recipient will be undertaken by the (GRC) Graduate Research Committee.
Monash-Museums Victoria Ph.D. Research Scholarships will be awarding two outstanding students with an annual stipend of $5,000.
The two scholarships annually will be awarded to the following:
- One in the (HASS) Humanities and Social Science
- One in (STEM) Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics
The scholarship can be renewed, but to retain the scholarship the awardee must:
- Comply with the requirements of Monash University.
- Must be able to particip[ate in the events, activities that showcase the Robert Blackwood Partnership which includes seminars, research, and other promotional events.
- Must be full-time and on-campus for the whole duration of the scholarship.
- The awardees are required to submit a written report regarding their academic progress/achievements and the benefits of the scholarship for their studies.
- If the direction of research changes, scholarships should continue in broad areas of research (social justice, social inclusion, human rights, sustainability or the environment, or social policies to improve society).
- Must be agreed to the terms and conditions of the scholarship program.
- The recipient of the award is required to be admitted to the university prior to the courses required of the program.
The deadline to complete and submit the scholarship application is until October 31, 2022. The scholarship will be offered annually, late applications can re-apply for the next scholarship opening.