It is not uncommon for early-career women academics to incur more expenses as a result of working longer hours in order to fulfill their numerous obligations and achieve their research objectives. Although we do not condone the practice of working outside of normal business hours, it is widely accepted (and at times even anticipated) in the academic world that this will take place. It is common for a woman’s added duties for childcare, for instance, to prevent her from performing this additional work. This places her at a disadvantage in compared to coworkers who do not have these same responsibilities. Through the provision of this scholarship, Capstone Editing acknowledges the significant challenges that female academics face in launching and advancing their careers, and it attempts to alleviate this situation by providing practical and financial help to academic women.
About the Scholarship:
Flinders University is the epitome of what a contemporary educational institution ought to be: forward-thinking, student-centered, and career-focused. You will find everything you require at Flinders University to take courageous steps into your future, to go above and beyond the typical, and to accomplish the extraordinary. Flinders University, which is ranked in the top 2 percent of institutions worldwide*, embodies all of the ideal characteristics of a contemporary educational institution, including being forward-thinking, student-focused, and career-oriented. At Flinders, you will receive an education in modern classrooms alongside peers who share your interests and who will challenge and motivate you to expand your horizons academically. to be creative, entrepreneurial, and enterprising, as well as to come up with ideas that can completely transform a game.
We at Flinders University have a vested interest in your accomplishments and hold our own performance to the same standard. Because of this, we are extremely happy to have the position of number one in Australia for postgraduate work opportunities. Our degrees are designed to help you go beyond just learning – to earning. This is accomplished through the provision of industry-linked and accredited degrees, opportunities for professional placement, industry projects, and mentoring programs. The overall ranking of Flinders University is 271, and it is ranked 43rd in Asia Pacific (THE World University Rankings 2020). Our company has established for itself the objective of expanding its presence on a global scale through the establishment of international partnerships in the fields of education and research, as well as the maintenance of active engagement with the commercial and industrial sectors and local communities in various countries.
The degrees offered by Flinders University are recognized around the world and are approved by relevant industries, which means that they will prepare you for a successful and satisfying career in the sector of your choice. You will have the opportunity to participate in practical placements thanks to Flinders University’s excellent industry partnerships with worldwide companies like CISCO and BAE Systems. This will allow you to graduate job-ready and ahead of the curve in your field. At the Flinders University main campus in Bedford Park, students have access to contemporary buildings, facilities that are on the cutting edge of technology, breathtaking views of the coast, and simple transportation to major shopping centers, the core business district, and nearby beaches. As part of the project, there will be a Student Hub and Plaza that will cost $63 million and will feature places to study, retail outlets, cafes, and a bar. It is anticipated that the Flinders Village would develop into a dynamic urban centre with numerous alternatives for entertainment, retail, and technologically advanced research. At Flinders University, we place a strong emphasis on student support since we are aware of the correlation between support and academic achievement.
We are here to help you adjust to life in Adelaide and the Flinders University community by providing a wide range of international services and programs. Our international student support services are of the highest caliber, and they will be there for you from the minute you arrive until the day you graduate. This is shown by the fact that more than ninety percent of Flinders University’s foreign students are satisfied with the student support services that we provide. Beginning in 2020, the Flinders Village development will see the construction of a new train line and the Flinders Railway Station, which will be built adjacent to the Flinders Medical Centre, which is our on-campus teaching hospital. This will connect students, industry, and the community to the city in just 22 minutes. The primary campus of Flinders University is located in Bedford Park, which is situated around 12 kilometers south of the Adelaide city center. It is a large elevated location with spectacular views of both the city and the coast below.
The campus is beautifully landscaped, with native Australian plants and its very own lake, and it is home to state-of-the-art buildings. The Bedford Park campus of Flinders University creates a learning environment that is truly inspirational by combining natural beauty with a wide range of services. Due to its abundance of parks and green spaces, vibrant multicultural city life, quality cafés and restaurants, and close proximity to award-winning wine regions, Adelaide is consistently ranked as one of the most affordable cities in the world. Additionally, the city has been ranked as one of the top five most liveable cities in the world (Global Liveability Study 2016). We at Flinders University are dedicated to making the academic experience of our students as enjoyable as it can possibly be, and to that end, we provide extensive academic and personal support.
Our commitment to the student experience is demonstrated by the exceptional food and other retail services that we offer on campus, the numerous resources and services related to health and wellbeing, the student grants that we offer, the counselling services that we offer (including career and financial), and the numerous social opportunities that we coordinate to help students connect with one another and make the most of their time spent at Flinders University. When Flinders Train Station opens in 2020, it will provide direct access from the main campus of the university to the Tonsley innovation precinct as well as the central business district of Adelaide. The development of the neighboring Flinders Village neighborhood, which will include additional research facilities and student housing in addition to cafes, shops, and other community amenities in a bustling urban center, has also begun.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Flinders University
Scholarship Country: Australia
Scholarship Worth: $5,000
Study Level: Postgraduate
Nationality: International Students
- One academic woman is selected annually to receive a grant from Capstone Editing Early Career Academic Research for Women in the amount of up to $5,000 Australian Dollars to assist with the costs associated with a research topic of her choosing that will lead towards publication.
The ANU Research School of Biology, which is a member of the ANU College of Science, has the potential to grant a total of two Laureate Postgraduate Research Scholarships in the year 2021. These scholarships will be given by the ANU College of Science. The purpose of the prize is to entice the most outstanding students from across the world as well as those from the local community to pursue postgraduate research at the Research School of Biology of the University of Sydney in order to earn a PhD degree.
Eligibility for Scholarship.
- Before submitting an application for this scholarship, please ensure that you meet all of the eligibility requirements, which are as follows:
- You are required to be a female.
- You need to be working as a member of the academic staff at a university in either Australia or New Zealand, and your job needs to involve some sort of research (i.e. staff in teaching-only positions are not eligible and professional staff are not eligible).
- You can have a job that lasts for an indefinite amount of time or only a few months. (Casual personnel are not eligible.)
- You might work part time or you might work full time at your job.
- You must be in the early stages of your academic career. A person fits this description if they have a PhD and have graduated from their PhD program within the past six years or if they have started working in an academic role for the first time within the past two years, regardless of whether it is continuous or fixed-term employment.
- The research endeavor must be one with the intention of eventually being published. This type of research project is characterized by the fact that one of its anticipated results is the publishing of a book, book chapter, or article in a journal that has undergone peer review. It is common knowledge that academic research can take on a huge variety of forms, and it is also common knowledge that some academic research can unmistakably and swiftly lead to a publication, while other academic research may not result in a publication for a considerable amount of time. Publication is essential to accomplishing this part of the grant’s mission, which is to assist women in overcoming obstacles that stand in the way of their advancement in their careers. Because of this, one of the objectives of the study project ought to be publication of the findings. You will have the opportunity to explain in your application the sort of publication that you are seeking and the way in which it is connected to the research study that you are conducting.
- It is not possible for previous grantees to apply again for this award.
- Previous applicants who were not successful can reapply the following year if they so choose.
- If you work for Capstone Editing or are a contractor for the company, your application will not be considered (or a family member of an employee or contractor).
- The recipient of the Capstone Editing Early Career Academic Research Grant for Women is selected not only based on the recipient’s academic accomplishments but also on their demonstrated financial need. Every application will be given our serious consideration. The successful applicant will be selected at Capstone Editing’s exclusive discretion, and this decision will not be reconsidered under any circumstances.
The Flinders University 2022 Early Career Academic Research Grant for Women is open to all International Students
- You are need to submit evidence of the expenditures involved, as well as provide an overview of the scope of your research project and how you intend to use the money as part of the application process.
The application deadline for Flinders University 2022 Early Career Academic Research Grant for Women is June 24, 2022