The Calouste Gulbenkian Foundation is housed in a modernist architectural complex that includes a museum with two collections, an art library, a state-of-the-art auditorium and is surrounded by one of the most emblematic modern gardens while all located in Lisbon, Portugal.
The Armenian Communities Department of the Calouste Gulbenkian Foundation
is giving the possibility to qualified students, academics, and researchers in
Armenian Studies to participate in activities related to their field of studies,
encouraging academic interaction and exchange of knowledge and ideas.
- First off, this scholarship/grant is for researchers, academics, and students alike. So there is a wide range of individuals with different backgrounds that can apply.
- There is no age restriction or limit for those who wish to apply.
- However, if a researcher in Armenian Studies in Armenia wishes to participate in a conference or workshop abroad, they should apply to the Short Term Conference and Travel Grant for students and young academics in Armenia.
- All applicants must have a passport.
- Must obtain all copies of an individual’s university certificates or graduation certificates.
- Applicants must provide lists of their academic publications if any.
- References will be asked for and it is best to have 3 or more letters of recommendation available.
Must be a Master’s or Ph.D. degree student.
Or a researcher of Armenian Studies, wishing to conduct field research or pursue small research projects, or to engage in other relevant activities related to their work (including international conference attendance or summer school participation).
How to Apply
Applications can only be submitted online and must not be sent through the post. These applications are judged on a case-by-case basis, which depends on if the applicant is a student, researcher, or academic. Each individual will need to present thorough work that has been published in academic journals.
Applications can be received throughout the year for forthcoming events/projects
and must be submitted online.
Applications can be submitted in English, French, Armenian, or Portuguese.
The evaluation of completed applications occurs during the last week of every
month. Decisions will be conveyed to candidates through “mygulbenkian” within six weeks of submission. If the applicant cannot participate in the conference/seminar/activity for any reason, including the non-issuance of visas, the funds granted must be returned to the Foundation. Applicants can receive a maximum of two grants, but not within the same calendar year.
The maximum amount is 5,000 Euros in this category of scholarship. The full duration of this scholarship is no less than 3 months. If the 3 months is not completed the scholarship reward will be revoked and given to someone else who will honor that they will complete the 3 full months.
There is a huge application window that begins on January 18, 2021, and extends until December 10, 2021. This means students, academics, and researchers have an entire year to send in an application. This allows individuals ample time to refine and thoroughly create an excellent application.
This grant program is open for almost the entire year besides a very short window when the foundation is gearing up for the next year. This is an annual scholarship/grant.