You have the chance to earn $2,500 by applying for the APIASF General (Asia-Pacific Islander American) Scholarship. Every year, APIASF provides over 200 scholarships to students, so it’s an incredible opportunity that you shouldn’t overlook.
APIASF’s Asian American and Native American Pacific Islander Serving Institution (AANAPISI) Scholarship Program works together with AANAPISI and communities to offer scholarships, enhance institutional capacity, and utilize local resources to foster economic development.
The APIASF AANAPISI Scholarship is available annually to students who are enrolled in the APIASF AANAPISI partner campuses listed below.
The APIASF AANAPISI Scholarship Program is supported by the Coca-Cola Foundation, the General Mills Foundation, the Hilton Worldwide USA Funds, the Walmart Foundation, the Walt Disney Company, and the Wells Fargo Foundation.
Make sure you don’t miss any of these scholarship opportunities. You can open any of them in a new tab.
In the meantime, please take a look at our table of contents.
Table of Contents.
- What You Need to Know About the APIASF Scholarship Program 2024
- Level/field of study
- Host Nationality
- Eligible Nationality
- Scholarship Worth
- APIASF Scholarship Eligibility 2024
- Other eligibilities include
- How to Apply for the APIASF Scholarship 2024
- APIASF Scholarship Application Deadline 2024
- APIASF Scholarship Program 2024 Application Link
What You Need to Know About the APIASF Scholarship Program 2024
Level/field of study
The APIASF AANAPISI Scholarship is open every year to students who are enrolled in APIASF AANAPISI partner campuses. If you do not meet the eligibility criteria for this scholarship based on your academic level, we encourage you to explore our Undergraduate Scholarships, Master’s Scholarships, and Ph.D. Scholarships. These scholarships offer opportunities for different educational levels.
The APIASF Scholarship is taken and hosted in the USA.
The APIASF scholarship is open to US citizens, citizens, or legal residents.
The scholarships offered by APIASF vary in value, ranging from a one-time amount of $2,500 to $5,000 for multiple years. These scholarships are specifically designed to support underserved APIA (Asian and Pacific Islander American) students, with a special focus on individuals who meet the following criteria:
1. Those who come from low socioeconomic backgrounds, living at or below the poverty line.
2. Students who are the first in their families to pursue a college education.
3. Individuals who represent the diverse geographic and ethnic makeup of the APIA community. This includes ethnic groups that are underrepresented on college campuses due to limited opportunities and access.
4. Emphasis is placed on candidates who demonstrate a strong commitment to community service, display leadership qualities, and have a proven track record of academic excellence.
APIASF Scholarship Eligibility 2024
To be eligible for the scholarship, you must meet the following requirements:
1. You should have an Asian/Pacific Island State ethnic origin, as defined by the US Census.
2. You must be a citizen, national, or legal resident of the United States. Additionally, citizens of the Marshall Islands, the Federated States of Micronesia, and the Republic of Palau are also eligible.
3. You need to be registered as a full-time student at one of the following institutions during the spring 2023 semester (if your institution follows a semester system) or the winter 2023 semester (if your institution follows a quarter system):
– American Samoa Community College
– California State University, East Bay
– California State University, Sacramento
– Century College
– City College of San Francisco
– Costa Community College
– College of Micronesia – FSM
– DeAnza College
– Georgia State University
– Guam Community College
– Highline College
– Irvine Valley College
– Laney College
– Mission College
– Northern Mariana College
– Pierce College
– Queens College, CUNY
– Richland College
– San Francisco State University
– San Jose State University
– South Seattle College
– University of California, Irvine
– University of Guam
– The University of Hawai’i at Hilo
– The University of Hawai’i at Manoa
– The University of Illinois at Chicago
– University of Massachusetts, Boston
– The University of Minnesota, Twin Cities
– University of Nevada, Las Vegas
– The University of Washington, Tacoma
These are the specific institutions where you must be enrolled to be considered for the scholarship.
Other eligibilities include
To apply for federal aid, you need to complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). It’s important to note that obtaining a state scholarship is not a requirement to be considered for an APIASF scholarship. For more information, please visit www.fafsa.gov.
Please keep in mind the following:
1. Your enrollment status and degree pursuit will be determined based on the guidelines set by the Registrar’s Office of your institution.
2. Non-degree-seeking students are not eligible to apply for the APIASF scholarship.
3. Applicants who already hold a bachelor’s degree are not eligible to apply.
4. While you can apply as a part-time student, it is required that you enroll as a full-time student once you receive the scholarship funds.
5. Only students enrolled in online programs are not eligible to apply. If you are taking a combination of online and in-person courses, no more than half of your courses should be online.
How to Apply for the APIASF Scholarship 2024
To apply for the APIASF AANAPISI Scholarship Program, you must complete the online application and submit it electronically once you have answered all the required questions.
You don’t need to finish the online application in one sitting. You can access your application from any computer with Internet access and make changes to your responses as needed until you are ready to submit.
Feel free to log in and work on your application at your own pace until you are ready to finalize and submit it.
APIASF Scholarship Application Deadline 2024
The online application for the APIASF AANAPISI Scholarship will open on September 21 and close on November 7 of every year at 17:00 EST.