This scholarship comes from Moylan’s Insurance Underwriters Inc. This incredibly dedicated scholarship was created to help students achieve their postsecondary education. The original establishment of this annual scholarship date was curated in the year 2000.
The Palau Community College has a mission statement on its website that states they are “an accessible public educational institution helping to meet the technical, academic, cultural, social, and economic needs of students and communities by promoting learning opportunities and developing personal excellence.” This goes to show that Palau Community College has been able to provide incredible programs that help to strengthen students’ ability to advance in their chosen professions and career.
- Students must be full-time attending students who will attend or are attending Palau Community College.
- Students are required to fill out the application form that is available on the original website link.
A huge requirement is that students must maintain a full-time status with at least 12 credit hours to remain eligible for the next semester. Two students will be chosen for this opportunity and will need to stay on track once they have received the first $250 for the first semester.
Required documents needed include:
- Copy of Birth Certificate
- Application form
- High School Transcript or Diploma
- One Recommendation Letter (this must be from a high school teacher)
- Official Class Schedule from Registrar’s Office
- 300-500 word, typed essay – “How will this scholarship meet my educational goals?”
- Passport or I.D. sized photograph
There may be other things needed but the college will let the student know if anything has been left out accidently or further information is needed to complete the application process.
How to Apply
This scholarship has the potential to change any student’s life by helping them to achieve their goals through offering more funding.
Students will need to fill out the application form which contains these questions:
- Full name
- Citizenship which states either Palau or U.S.A
- Date of Graduation
- Name and address of the high school that the student graduated from
- That student’s grade point average
- Name of college or university that student has been admitted to
- Expected college graduation date
- High school graduate or have received a high school equivalency certificate or diploma; a minimum cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 and a maximum cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 3.5
- Accepted and enrolled as a full-time student at Palau Community College for Fall Semester with a minimum of 12 credits; a minimum cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 2.50
Reward – Extra Benefits
The total reward amount for both students that are chosen is $500 each. The first $250 will be given out in the first semester and the other half of the $500 will be given in the second semester.
It is not stated whether or not the student can go ahead and apply for more funding if needed. This scholarship is considered an academic merit scholarship opportunity.
A student visa is only needed if an United States student is accepted to this college. From there the two reserved scholarships that state either the students can be from Palau or the United States.
ternational students will be able to follow a general guide that can be asked for at the embassy or online through a government website about successfully applying for a student visa without trouble. As of right now, applying at the earliest convenience is important.
Deadline Time Line
The deadline time line is the same as the admissions deadline, all students should follow that which is located on the admissions part of the Palau Community College website.
Open Submission Window Time Frame
The open submissions window time frame is the same as the admissions open window, all students should follow that which is located on the admissions part of the Palau Community College website. All of the information needed is on the original community college website.
Annual or Renewable Scholarship Options
This is an annual scholarship that lasts for the given time frame or how long the research project needs to be conducted. This is not a renewable scholarship research option. There may be option to receive a higher funding percentage depending on the student financial or low income background and current state of living. Students that are having issues with funding can potentially require a higher amount of coverage for this scholarship.
All applicants should consult the contact webpage that is in the contact section of this page if a question has not been answered. Beforehand check the university’s FAQs page to see if anything can be answered right away.
Anyone can sign up to receive a university website newsletter to stay updated on the latest information.
We also suggest that all applicants read through the information guideline page that is available through the original scholarship link. This way, the individual can navigate the website correctly and identify the real scholarship online application. So far there has been no mention of any delays for this opportunity or any cancellations.