The Sophia Fund Indigenous Bursaries were able to be established thanks to a philanthropic grant made by the Sophia Fund. They were created as an incentive for students of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent to pursue higher education at an institution of their choosing.
About the Scholarship Sponsor:
Flinders University cares most about how well its students do in school and in their careers. If you want to make a real difference at Flinders, you’ll have to put in more work. The school has all the tools that are needed. Flinders University in Australia is a good example of a modern research institution because it puts a lot of emphasis on student freedom, interdisciplinary study, and professional growth. At Flinders, you’ll have access to modern classroom tools and study with people who will both challenge and inspire you. Thinking creatively and like an entrepreneur can completely change a field. We value your hard work because it is important for the future of Flinders University. Australia has great job opportunities for people with college degrees.
So it’s easier to go from being a student to being a worker, we’ve built into our degree programs professional placement opportunities, projects in the field, and mentoring programs. Flinders University is the 271st best university in the world. It is ranked 43rd in Asia and the Pacific (THE World University Rankings 2020). Going forward, we need to increase our international influence by forming partnerships with academic institutions all over the world and staying involved with the business and industrial sectors, local communities, and the whole planet.
With a degree from Flinders University, your future looks good. Students at Flinders University have the chance to do internships because the school works closely with big companies like CISCO and BAE Systems. Students at Flinders University’s Bedford Park campus are close to the city’s best restaurants, bars, and nightlife, as well as the business district and beautiful beaches. The Student Hub and Plaza are expected to cost about $63 million. Flinders Village will have state-of-the-art research facilities, as well as places to shop, have fun, and do other things. Flinders University really values student support because it is linked to student success.
Australia’s cities of Flinders and Adelaide host a number of international programs and events that help high school students make the move to college. Our international student services are available to you from the time you arrive on campus until you graduate. Our commitment to meeting their needs is shown by the fact that our international students are happy with the services we offer to help them. As part of the 2020 Flinders Village development, our teaching hospital will be close to a new train line and station. Students, businesses, and people in general will all save time and money because of this. Flinders University’s main campus is in the Adelaide neighborhood of Bedford Park, which is about 12 kilometers south of the city center. The house is worth a lot more because it is in a great spot and has a view of both the city and the water.
Landscaped grounds with Australian native plants and a lake are home to modern buildings. Flinders University is in Bedford Park, which has a beautiful, well-designed campus that is good for learning. Adelaide was voted one of the best and most affordable places to live in the whole world. The city is successful because it has parks and open spaces, a diverse population, great places to eat, and is close to well-known wineries (Global Liveability Study 2016). Flinders helps students in both their personal and academic lives. This is done to make learning more fun.
Flinders University works to improve the quality of life for its students in many ways. Some of these ways are by providing high-quality food and retail services, health and wellness resources, student subsidies, career and financial counseling, and a wide range of social activities. When the Flinders Train Station opens in 2020, it will connect the university’s main campus to the Tonsley innovation zone and the center of Adelaide. Flinders Village will have cafes, shops, restaurants, and student housing, as well as places for research.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Flinders University
Scholarship Country: Australia
Scholarship Worth: $500
Scholarship Type: Undergraduate
Nationality: International Students
- Two scholarships, each worth $500, will be given out each year, although this is contingent on there being enough money to cover the expenses.
- The recipients of these bursaries will be students who are currently enrolled in their first year of higher education. The fee will be paid out throughout the course of the first semester.
Eligibility for Scholarship
To be eligible for these bursaries, applicants must:
- be of Torres Strait Islander or Australian Aboriginal ancestry; and
- claim descent from one of the Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander peoples of Australia; and
- be recognized as a member of the Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander community of Australia by the community in which they currently reside or have previously resided; and
- be in the first year of their studies at the higher education institution, and
- be presently enrolled at Flinders University on a full-time basis in a relevant undergraduate program of study.
- The recipients of these bursaries will be chosen based on their academic potential as well as their demonstrated financial need. The academic potential of candidates will be evaluated with the use of the Selection Score, which will be utilized to gain admittance to the applicant’s program of study (for example, TER or STAT score). The selection will be carried out in conjunction with the members of the staff at Yunggorendi, which is known as the First Nations Centre for Higher Education and Research. This will be done in accordance with the processes that have been approved by the Director of Academic and Student Services.
Students from Zambia who are interested in pursuing their engineering education in Ireland for a Master’s degree during the academic year 2023-2024 can apply for financial assistance through the Frank Ferguson Fellowship, which was established in collaboration with the Engineering Institution of Zambia and the Irish Government. This fellowship will be available to students who meet the eligibility requirements.
The Flinders University 2022 Sophia Fund Indigenous Bursaries is open to all International Students
- Applications must be submitted digitally through the Student Information System at Flinders University. In order to submit an application, applicants will first need to log in and then select the My Scholarships tab from the menu. You can search for the scholarship using the phrase “Indigenous” to find the application form, which is titled “Indigenous Scholarships,” or you can use the name of the scholarship itself. If you fill out this application in its entirety, you will be considered for a number of different scholarships.
The application deadline for Flinders University 2022 Sophia Fund Indigenous Bursaries is November 3, 2022