Florida International University has many degree optional distance learning programs that students can enroll in as either full-time or as part-time students.
Some of the most popular academic programs available at Florida International University include:
- Biology/biological sciences
- Hospitality administration/management
- Criminal justice/safety studies
- International business/trade/commerce
- Multi-/interdisciplinary studies
- Marketing/marketing management
- Business administration and management
This is not a complete list of available programs that a student can choose from. There is not one main priority program subject field.
Florida International University was established in 1965. However, the establishment did not formally open it’s doors to students until the year 1972. While this higher education institutions has grown to become the number 3rd largest higher education learning center in the state of Florida, this institution is always now known as the 5th largest in the whole of the United States.
The university has a very large enrollment number of students that averaged just below 57,000 students in attendance in the Fall of 2021.
Florida International University has had many incredible 2022 rankings like being one of the most innovative universities in the United States, along with being one of the best universities in the United States for Social Mobility.
The different international work-study programs available include:
- The Wolfsonian-FIU Museum
- School of Architecture
- School of Hospitality & Tourism Management
- Also the American University in Dubai is considered a sister college to that of Florida International University
- Applicants must be enrolled at Florida International University as a full-time student
- All potential candidates must have a grade point average that is no lower than 3.5 on the 4.0 grading scale
- Students that want to be eligible for this scholarship should have a minimum of 2 to 3 credits each semester
- This is for an undergraduate student that has not worked towards a bachelor’s degree yet
- This scholarship is strictly for students who are working towards earning their degree online through long distance learning that’s available through the university
The biggest requirement involved is the essay portion.
Each applicant will need to submit at least 1 page that includes these aspects:
- Statement bio
- Educational background
- All prior work experience
- any professional licenses
- Any certificates awarded
- How winning this scholarship will benefit the student
- Any prior Florida International University Online experience
- Motivational factors
- Providing information about why the student is pursuing the degree they have chosen
- What educational role is persistent in the student’s life
The student will need to go over the guidelines listed in the original website link that is attached to this page.
How to Apply
The initial how to apply also involves the submission requirements.
First off students must be enrolled at Florida International University are at least accepted to the university as a full-time or part-time student. Luckily, afterwards, students will be able to attend via through the university’s online teaching center.
Traditional undergraduate per credit for students that are living in the U.S. will pay around $8,000 per year, while international students will pay around $20,300.
Reward – Extra Benefits
The total award amount is $500 USD. This $500 will go towards paying off online distance learning program courses.
This $500 will go to paying for nearly one whole course that would equal out to a completed program. The $500 acts as tuition that would automatically pay off a program for one full year.
Depending on the program, some may cost $1,000 for a whole year, then the $500 would cover at least a full semester.
Deadline Time Line
The official deadline timeline is on August 17, 2023. That is the only deadline that is provided and available for students to follow.
It is not stated whether or not if students can request a deadline extension however, it is a possibility since students can use this scholarship for their online courses. Online learning tends to have flexible options for students who are looking to successfully pursue a degree.
Open Submission Window Time Frame
The open submission window time frame begins in the Spring and ends on August 17, 2023. This gives students few months to apply and thoroughly go through their application to see what is needed document wise.
Annual or Renewable Scholarship Options
This is an annual scholarship that does not have a renewable factor. Students can lose this scholarship if their grade point average drops or if a criminal offense has been handed to the student who has won the scholarship. There may be other factors that cause a scholarship to be dismissed.
Here at Pick a Scholarship we offer a full range scholarship database for all students looking for varying degree levels. While we provide exact information for each scholarship application and when the deadlines/open submission windows are held. We offer a contact section on each post where the admissions of the university or the director of a private sponsor can be reached to give more information or details.
All students should check with the university website about any delays or changes to the open submission window or deadline time frame. This is the best way to see if anything needs to be reviewed or changed before submitting their application.