Do you want to take your skills to the next level? The University of Salford encourages the students of Public Health to apply for the MSC Public Health International Scholarship for the academic year of 2022-2023. The scholarship award will be assisting the deserving and talented students in the public health program to receive a tuition fee reduction at the University of Salford.
Public Health International Scholarship
The Public Health International Scholarship is a 50% tuition fee reduction to recognize the importance of public health and university membership, the Association od Schools for Public Health in the EU region(ASPHER), the award will be given to two deserving international students.
The scholarship award will be based on the student’s academic merit and the scholarship essay. You can learn more about the scholarship details through this article.
Public Health Program at University of Salford
In this course, you will be taught basic skills in public health, including statistics, epidemiology, and research methods, as well as the opportunity to gain in-depth knowledge of a variety of topics, including evidence of public health and 21st Century Global Public health challenges. The University of Salford curriculum focuses on the social determinants of health, making it unique among Greater Manchester universities.
This course is in line with the Public Health Skills and Knowledge Framework in 2016. In this context, the course will introduce you to the basic skills you need to effectively interpret and understand key aspects of health research and how they can be used to inform and manage policy. You will also learn how to use this concept to identify and promote public health. During your time at the university, you will be able to draw on the expertise and professor who includes external public health experts and researchers from across the university.
Scholarship Provider: University of Salford
About the Provider
The University of Salford aims to provide the highest quality education, it was founded in 1967 and is one of the well-known universities in the UK. The university offers students first-class educational facilities to create a bright future. It offers a range of services to make university life easier and more enjoyable, such as accommodation, tutoring, counseling, and various scholarships to help every student achieve their education and career goals for a better future.
Both local and international students will have the chance to achieve financial support or scholarship awards to overcome their financial hardship towards education costs and fees. The university has awarded a total of £10 million in bursaries and scholarships over the past 5 years, to provide support to the outstanding international students. The international students who have been received an award to the university are now working across the globe and starting to contribute to the communities by applying their gained knowledge at the university and experiences to create a positive impact on their careers.
- Academic Year: 2022-2023
- Applicants Nationality: International Students
- Degree Level: Masters Degree
- Field: Public Health
- Number of Awards: 2
- Duration: NA
- Scholarship awards: 50% Reduction on Tuition fee
- Scholarship Country: United Kingdom
- Renewable: Yes
- Offered Annually: Yes
The International Scholarship offered by the University of Salford will be awarded to the following qualified applicants
- Must be an international paying fees student and must have a regular fee charged during the time of application of the scholarship program.
- Must be a new international student at the University of Salford.
- Enrolled in a full-time or on campus for the duration of the program.
- Must be a self-supporting student and don’t have any tuition fee sponsorship or scholarship awards.
- Not applying to a program where the cost of the tuition fee has been negotiated as part of an organization or partnership that makes their fee being arranged.
The following qualification is not eligible to apply for the awards, if:
- The students are in distance learning, part-time students, blended learning, or where the studies have been delivered in other country partnered universities.
- If the applicants include their home country as part of their scholarship application, the scholarship is intended for the applicants nationality which can be showed on their passport copy to be submitted.
Keep in mind that the program is only intended for the international students who are currently enrolled in MSc Public Health program at the university. The applicants must review all the eligibility, criteria, terms and condition, and deadlines to be able to be considered for the scholarship.
The application process can be made through an online portal provided by the university at their official website. The students must be able to complete and submit all the necessary documents needed to support their scholarship application.
As part of the application process for the scholarship, students are required to submit an essay outlining the following:
Essay Part 1
- Academic achievements and prizes you have won.
- Activity involvements such as social, cultural developments in your home country and economic activities.
- Any entrepreneurial involvement activities
Essay Part 2
- How the Public Health program at the University of Salford can help you to develop your understanding of the subject and how can you utilize it to contribute to your home country’s communities?
- Pre-qualification Degree
- Copy of Transcript of records
- English language proficiency
- Personal Statements
- Passport copy
- The application form and required documents must be completed and submitted on time, late and incomplete applications will not be considered.
- The international students who don’t hold an offer of admission at the university wil be automatically rejected.
- The most important part of the scholarship application is the essay, this will allow you to demonstrate your commitment to your studies and to the University of Salford.
Two international students will be awarded by the University of Salford a Tuition fee reduction of 50% for the academic year of 2022-2023.
Successful students can only receive one scholarship during their academic program at the university.
The deadline to complete and submit all the application forms and materials is until May 2, 2022. Successful applicants will be notified by May 16, 2022.
The commencement date for the program is on September 2022.