To help strengthen the education and career goals of the international students, the University of Essex offers the UKT Law Global Partner Premium Scholarships that will help cover half the tuition fees at any eligible courses for the undergraduate international students for the academic year of 2022-2023.
The international students who will be commencing their undergraduate degree at the university will be eligible to apply for the scholarship with a total value of £9,300 which will be received to cover their tuition fee with up to 50% discounts for the first year of their study at the university.
Scholarship Provider: University of Essex
About the Provider
The University of Essex is one of eight new universities in the UK and is located in the heart of the country. It offers world-class academic staff in a friendly and intense research environment. The university is divided into three campuses and offers a variety of learning opportunities for students.
The University of Essex is a world-renowned educational institution that values meaningful interaction and collaboration. Essex is known for the collaborative efforts and involvement of staff in the career development of students. Essex values and encourages students to continuously develop their knowledge, skills, and professional abilities.
The university is determined to take things differently and put the student’s success at the core of everything they do, committed to doing two things, providing excellent teaching and research. The university considered the place student success at the heart of its mission and supports every student, from all backgrounds, to achieve excellence. Prepare our students for their future life. A transformational education will be provided to both local and international students to achieve their career and financial goal in the future.
The research provided by the university will continue to focus on the challenging conventional wisdom tackling the questions that matter to improve more ideas, skills, and knowledge for every student. The aim of the university, as defined in their university law, is to “promote learning and knowledge through teaching and research and to enable students to benefit from a university education”.
Their mission of excellence in education and research is based on the creation, communication, transferring, and applying knowledge, innovation, curricula, and research and in the way they work, within and in the university communities and with their global, national partners.
- Academic Year: 2022-2023
- Degree Level: Undergraduate
- Applicant’s Nationality: International
- Field: Any eligible courses offered by the University of Essex for undergraduate degree students.
- Scholarship Value: 50% Tuition fee reduction with a total value of £9,300
- Scholarship Country: United Kingdom
- Renewable: No
- Duration: 1 year
- Offered Annually: Yes
- Number of Awards: NA
To be able to apply for the scholarship, the students must meet the eligibility criteria below:
- Students must start their first year of undergraduate studies at the University of Essex for the academic year 2022-2023.
- Applicants must exceed 68% for Route 2+1 and 56% for Route 1+2.
- Applicants are required to submit a 500-word essay as part of the scholarship application.
- Applicants must actively make their choice of an Essex by July 1, 2022. Applicants who become Essex firms by refusing their initial choice of company elsewhere are not eligible.
- Only one scholarship may be awarded per student and the award cannot be awarded in conjunction with other University of Essex scholarships.
- The scholarship will only be available for the first year of undergraduate study.
- The successful applicants for the awards must be available for the university promotional activities
- Students receiving a repayable loan to fund their studies will be considered self-funded
- The scholarship will only be available to overseas fee-paying students and is fully self-funded.
The students who are not eligible for the awards are:
- The students undertaking courses at the East Acting Academy.
- Students who complete the curriculum are usually taught entirely online.
- Students are considered as students who pay the house tuition.
- This scholarship award does not apply to deferred admission. If a scholarship is awarded to a student who delays entry to the next academic year, the scholarship will be withdrawn and the applicant will be re-examined against the requirements in effect in the proposed new year of entry.
- Current students at the University of Essex are not eligible
- Applicants who are nominated through the UCAS process or direct release of applications are not eligible for this award.
To apply for the scholarship awards, the students must be able to complete the applicatin process through an online portal provided by the university. As part of the application process, the students are required to submit the following:
- Copy of CV for the chosen courses or program by the undergraduate students.
- Personal Statements
- References must be signed and dated.
- Supporting documents related to the previous student’s experience or coursework.
- The essay must consist of 500 words, the essay will be reviewed by the selection panel of the scholarship.
International students are required to have good communication skills in oral and written English, and must be able to submit any of the following test scores in an English Language Proficiency:
- TOEFL iBT- 76 to 88 overall
- IELTS 6.0 score
- PTE overall score of 50-58
The deadline to complete and submit the application is until May 31, 2022. All application forms and documents required must be complete, late and incomplete applications will not be considered for the scholarship awards.
The successful applicants for the scholarship will be notified by the end of July 2022 through writing or email. The registered email of the applicants will be used to notify them of their application status.
All applicants are required to read and agreed to the terms and conditions applied to the program.
The University of Essex will be awarding 50% tuition fee reduction with a total value of £9,300 for the successful students first year of study at the university for the academic year of 2022-2023. The scholarship will be offered annually.