By giving a name of its own scholarship #YouAreWelcomeHere Scholarship, the University of Joseph in the USA wants to welcome and encourage all international students to pursue their education for the academic year of 2022-2023. The scholarship will recognize those international students who have its vision to enhance their intercultural understanding.
By its own title, the #YouAreWelcomeHere Scholarship is a welcoming message from higher education in the USA, the scholarship is a campaign to emphasize that the university is welcoming, diverse, committed, and safe to the student’s development. Participating institutions and organizations convey messages through statements videos, photos, and other creative expressions that engage students and faculty.
Scholarship Provider: University of Joseph
Country of Scholarship: United States
About the Provider
The University of Joseph located in Connecticut in the USA is one of the private universities that has its own mission to support, promote and facilitate care services as one of an integral part of the learning and teaching experience. The university will come up with ethical and core values that will prepare all students as global citizens, leaders, decision-makers, and learners.
Offering education to undergraduate, graduate, and part-time programs that will support the academic excellence and experience to help students further their exciting careers in the future. The university will help every student with a variety of scholarships and funding programs to be more prepared for their education without financial barriers. Bringing more resources to support local or international students with every decision along the way.
As part of the campaign to support the international students in pursuing their education and career in the USA, the scholarship is created to give back support to every country and develop students who can be one of the leaders in their home country.
Academic Year: 2022-2023
Nationality: International students
Degree Level: Undergraduate and graduate
Course: Any eligible courses offered by the university
Scholarship Awards: 50% Reduction on tuition fee
All interested students must make sure to check the eligibility criteria of the scholarship before proceeding to the application process of the scholarship. It is important to check the details to be considered for the application. Below is the required eligibility of the university:
- Must be international students.
- Be commencing the first year as an international student and hold citizenship in another country. The international students who have a permanent visa in the USA will not be accepted.
- Attended or graduated from any of the secondary schools in the USA.
- Must be able to demonstrate their interest and initiative that promotes intercultural learnings and exchange.
Keep in mind that for some instances, the scholarship #YouAreWelcomeHere strongly encouraged secondary students too to participate, it will be based in case to case situation, although this scholarship is only intended for higher education.
The students who are eligible to apply for the scholarship must submit their admission application in the login at the provided online portal to continue their scholarship application process. The university requires the applicants to submit necessary documents that will support their application. All documents will be reviewed and incomplete documents will not be considered by the scholarship committee.
List of Supporting Documents
- Copy of Passport
- Official Transcript of Records
- Academic letter of recommendation
- High school transcript of records
- Certificate of Students Finance
- SAT/ACT score will be optional
- Personal Essay
There might be additional documents required on the specific graduate program, and it can be listed in the online portal provided by USJ, which will be created after submitting the application forms.
Important Note on Application
- Upon submitting your transcript of records and certificates, students must make sure that all the documents must be translated into the English language.
- The personal essay must be completed in 500-1000 words outlining your leadership skills either in school or community and what is your plan in continuing your leadership skills at the university. The personal essay can also be created in a 2-5 minutes video.
- The Certificate of Students Finance must consist of the student’s documents that provide evidence of their funding for at least one academic year, these documents also include the students living expenses, tuition fees, book expenses, and other personal and educational-related expenses.
- All documents that have been received and completed, will be directly proceeded to the Program Director.
English Language Requirements
International students are required to submit their evidence in the English language, the university requires all international students to have good communication skills in oral and written English language.
- TOEFL iBT score of 79
- IELTS score of 6.5
- Duolingo score of 105
- PTE score of 53
- ELS score of 112
The University of Joseph will be providing a 50% tuition fee cost reduction to two deserving international students. The scholarship is renewable and can also be combined with the scholarship opportunity offered by USJ.
The two deserving international students can also be awarded health insurance but the university required that the coverage must be maintained. It is necessary for all students to have their health insurance as they commence their higher education at the university.
The students may be able to choose from the Major programs offered by the University. The scholarship will be offered annually to support other international students who can demonstrate their academic excellence. The awardee is required to participate in the university’s activities and interactions on the international student’s affairs.
The application form provided by the University of Joseph can be accessed through an online portal, all required documents for the international students must be completed t be considered for the scholarship opportunity. The scholarship committee will be the one to review the qualification and decisions can be made after all applications and documents have been submitted.
The decision of the scholarship committee will be final and successful students will be notified through their email. It is important to read and agree to the scholarship terms and conditions upon receiving the awards.
The deadline for submission of applications will be until February 15, 2021. Late applications will not be accepted. The scholarship opportunity will be offered annually.