This scholarship from the PCC Faculty Senate Association Scholarship is available to both Palau citizens and international citizens from around the globe.
There may be other things needed but the college will let the student know if anything has been left out accidentally or if further information is needed to complete the application process.
- Only one student will be chosen who are also full-time attending students at the Palau Community College.
- The student must be from Palau or has a citizenship from Palau.
- The student will receive only $700 per year, however, this can increase within the second semester. The first payment of $250 will be given to the chosen student at the beginning of the first semester.
- Students that have already successfully completed their Bachelor’s degree will be considered a high priority.
There are a few requirements that are needed from the students who end up applying, here is what should be included:
- Copy of Birth Certificate
- Application form
- High School Transcript or Diploma
- One Recommendation Letter (this must be from a high school teacher)
- Official Class Schedule from Registrar’s Office
- 300-500 word, typed essay – “How will this scholarship meet my educational goals?”
- Passport or I.D. sized photograph
There may be other things needed but the college will let the student know if anything has been left out accidently or further information is needed to complete the application process.
The Faculty Senate Association (FSA) is committed to student excellence in any academic field and proud sponsor of two (2) scholarships per academic year, the “1st Year Assistance Scholarship” and the 2nd Year Assistance Scholarship”. Two students will be selected from each scholarship awarded at the beginning of each semester attended.
How to Apply
The type of questions to be on the application form for both the FSA 1st year application form and the FSA 2nd year application forms:
- Full name
- Citizenship which states either Palau or U.S.A
- Date of Graduation
- Name and address of the high school that the student graduated from
- That student’s grade point average
- Name of college or university that student has been admitted to
- Expected college graduation date
- High school graduate or have received a high school equivalency certificate or diploma; a minimum cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 and a maximum cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 3.5
- Accepted and enrolled as a full-time student at Palau Community College for Fall Semester with a minimum of 12 credits; a minimum cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 2.50
Reward – Extra Benefits
The total reward amount for the student that is chosen to be awarded a one-time $700 USD. The first $250 will be given out in the first semester and the rest of the $700 will be given in the second semester.
It is not stated whether or not the student can go ahead and apply for more funding if needed. This scholarship is considered an academic merit scholarship opportunity.
This is an international scholarship where international students will need to acquire a student visa.
International students will be able to follow a general guide that can be asked for at the embassy or online through a government website about successfully applying for a student visa without trouble. As of right now, applying at the earliest convenience is important.
Open Submission Window Time Frame
The open submissions window time frame is the same as the admissions open window, all students should follow that which is located on the admissions part of the Palau Community College website. All of the information needed is on the original community college website.
Deadline Time Line
The deadline time line is the same as the admissions deadline, all students should follow that which is located on the admissions part of the Palau Community College website.
Annual or Renewable Scholarship Options
This is an annual scholarship that is spilt as ‘1 or 2’ each are a one time scholarship which means there is no renewable date however, that is subject to change for any college. There may be option to receive a higher funding percentage depending on the student financial or low income background and current state of living. Students that are having issues with funding can potentially require a higher amount of coverage for this scholarship.
Here at Pick a Scholarship we offer a full range of scholarship databases for all students looking for varying degree levels. While we provide exact information for each scholarship application and when the deadlines/open submission windows are held. We offer a contact section on each post where the admissions of the university or the director of a private sponsor can be reached to give more information or details.
All applicants should consult the contact webpage that is in the contact section of this page if a question has not been answered. Beforehand check the university’s FAQs page to see if anything can be answered right away.
Anyone can sign up to receive a university website newsletter to stay updated on the latest information.
We also suggest that all applicants read through the information guideline page that is available through the original scholarship link. This way, the individual can navigate the website correctly and identify the real scholarship online application. So far there has been no mention of any delays for this opportunity or any cancellations.