Entrance Requirement for Applicants International Scholarships are available at the University of Winnipeg in Canada for the academic year 2022-23. Undergraduate level program(s) in the discipline of All Subjects taught at University of Winnipeg are eligible for the award. The scholarship deadline is March 1, 2022.
International Scholarships at the University of Winnipeg, Canada 2022-23 are available to pursue Undergraduate level studies at the University of Winnipeg. Winnipeg University is pleased to announce the launch of 53 new entry scholarships for international students enrolling for the first time at the university. Winnipeg University is a bustling institution and a hub in the city center that brings people from all walks of life together and nurtures global citizens. Winnipeg University provides a variety of high-quality undergraduate and graduate programs, including a Bachelor of Arts in Human Rights and a Master’s degree in Indigenous Development Practice, both of which are unique in Western Canada. Graduates of Winnipeg University place a high value on their education, and the university consistently scores high in terms of overall reputation, small class sizes, academic excellence, and environmental engagement in domestic studies.
About the Scholarship:
The University of Winnipeg, usually known as UWinnipeg or U of W, is a public research university located in Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada. United College was founded in 1967 when it was granted its charter. In college, there are undergraduate and postgraduate divisions. It has about 400 courses in more than 40 fields of study. Over 600 international students from 68 countries are now enrolled at the university. Canoeing, hockey games, and snowshoeing are among the most popular collegiate pastimes. The Awards & Financial Aid Office provides financial assistance to support the University of Winnipeg’s access and excellence mandates through awards, bursaries, prizes, and scholarships. Bursaries and awards are mostly offered to students who are financially disadvantaged. 515 Portage Ave, Winnipeg, MB R3B 2E9, Canada is the address for this university. There are 305 academic staff members, 494 administrative staff members, and 9419 students in total. There are 9137 undergraduates and 282 postgraduates among the students. Undergraduate programs in art, economics, and business are available. Manitoba College and Wesley College were the founding colleges, which merged in 1938 to establish United College. In terms of student satisfaction, Maclean’s magazine and The Globe and Mail newspapers have put the university among the top 15 Canadian universities whose primary concentration is undergraduate education.
In 2013, the university was ranked 13th out of 19 mostly undergraduate universities. The institution has several campuses, including Ellice Avenue and Buhler Centre. Global College, Menno Simons College, and Richardson College for Environment are among the colleges that make up the University of Winnipeg. The Center for Academic Writing (CAW), the Institute for Women’s and Gender Studies, and the Centre for Rupert’s Land Studies are among the institutes of UWinnipeg. It provides master’s degrees in a variety of areas, including Arts and Cultural Studies, Arts in Indigenous Governance, and Arts in Criminal Justice, among others. They also offer a Master of Arts in History and a Master of Public Administration in collaboration with the University of Manitoba. Ida Albo, a businesswoman, Lloyd Axworthy, a politician and former UW President who was also a Nobel Prize nominee, Tom Axworthy, a Canadian civil servant, and Omar Zakhilwal, the Afghan Finance Minister and Chief Economic Advisor to the President of Afghanistan, are among the notable graduates. Jennifer S.H Brown, Tier 1 Canada Research Chair for Aboriginal Peoples in an Urban and Regional Context and Fellow of the Royal Society of Canada, and Meredith Weinrath, founding chair (2004-2012) of Criminal Justice and Interdisciplinary Criminology and inaugural director (2013) of the Justice Research Institute, are among the notable members of the team. The University of Winnipeg is a famous research university with over 9,600 students enrolled in undergraduate programs and over 9300 students enrolled in graduate programs. The University of Winnipeg has a vibrant campus as well as a downtown hub that serves as a link for people of all ethnicities and origins. With a 60-70 percent acceptance rate, the university does not have a particularly rigorous application process, and individuals who match the general basic requirements and have decent grades can easily gain admission to University of Winnipeg. The University of Manitoba is accredited by the Manitoba Department of Education and Training, and it has roughly 1,389 international students (14.3%), adding to the vibrant cultural diversity. It provides innovative programs such as a Bachelor of Arts in Human Rights and a Master of Development Practice with an emphasis on Indigenous Development. Furthermore, it is Canada’s only institution with an on-site high school that teaches grades 9, 10, 11, and 12. International students who get an 80 percent or higher at the University of Winnipeg are more likely to receive a range of scholarships for international students in Canada.
On the university’s campus in Winnipeg, Manitoba, there are 23 primary campus buildings. Over 750,000 items, including films, books, microfilm, and magazines, are housed in the University of Winnipeg library. Men’s and women’s volleyball and basketball teams, as well as a women’s soccer team, are all made up of University students. These students compete in national U Sports contests on behalf of the university. Over 10,000 students make up the University of Winnipeg Students’ Association (UWSA). The University also includes a state-of-the-art Axworthy Health and RecPlex building, which offers indoor soccer and recreation programs, as well as research and student practicum opportunities in education, kinesiology, and applied health. McFeetors Hall and Balmoral Houses are two residence halls at the institution. Meal plans are available in the university’s residence halls to meet the needs of students. Depending on the student’s preferences, accommodation and meal plans range from 8,000-15,000 CAD (4-9 lakh INR). Microwave, refrigerator, communal rooms, lounges, study places, televisions, 24-hour security, air conditioning, shared kitchen, living room, laundry, storage area, and front and back yards with deck, grill, and chairs are among the amenities. There are accessible single dorms designed to accommodate the accessibility of wheelchairs.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): University of Winnipeg
Host Country(s): Canada
Scholarship Worth: $48,000
Study Level: Undergraduate
Nationality: International Students
The successful students will get a scholarship ranging from $100 to $48,000 to help defray the price of their studies at UWinnipeg.
Eligibility for Scholarship
- Countries Eligible: All Canadian students, both domestic and international, are eligible to apply.
- Eligible Courses or Subjects: Undergraduate, Graduate, Collegiate, Professional, Applied and Continuing Education (PACE) or the English Language Program (ELP) at UWinnipeg are all eligible.
- Eligibility Criteria: Applicants must meet all of the following criteria to be considered:
- Applicants must be first-year students at the University of Winnipeg.
The Application-Required Entrance International Scholarships At University Of Winnipeg, Canada 2022-23 is open to to all international students
To apply for the President’s Scholarship at the University of Winnipeg, please complete the steps below:
- Print out the PDF form and read it thoroughly.
- Fill out the application completely. Applications that are incomplete will not be evaluated.
- Add the following supplementary papers to your submission:
- A statement of purpose
- A resume highlighting leadership-related activities
- Two English reference letters
- REFERENCE LETTERS SHOULD DESCRIBE YOUR CHARACTER, ACCOMPLISHMENTS, AND WAYS IN WHICH YOU LEAD IN YOUR SCHOOL OR COMMUNITY. References can be sent to our office through email or included in your application package.
- Combine all of your application materials into a single PDF file.
- You don’t have a scanner? If you have a smartphone, we recommend utilizing a scanning app.
- Make sure that all of the scanned pages are combined into a single PDF file.
- Email a scanned copy of the application package to [email protected].
- By the scholarship deadline, submit an application for admission to The University of Winnipeg.
- How to Apply: Students must apply for admission to UWinnipeg by filling out an application. Details on how to apply for a scholarship can be found here.
- Supporting Documents: Students must submit authentic transcripts from their high school, university, or college, as well as a personal statement, résumé / C.V., and two letters of recommendation.
- Admission Requirements: Applicants must have a minimum 85 percent grade average in grade 12 high school courses or a suitable bachelor’s degree qualification for general admission.
- English Language Competency Tests: Students must submit results from the following English language proficiency tests:
* TOEFL IBT – 86
* IELTS – 6.5
* CanTEST – 4.5
* C1/C2 – 180
* CAEL & CAEL CE – 60
* CAEL Online – 70
* PTE – 58
* ELP – Level 5
The application deadline for Application-Required Entrance International Scholarships At University Of Winnipeg, Canada 2022-23 is 01 Mar 2022.