In Australia, there is a fantastic opportunity for students to receive financial assistance. The University of Queensland is a publicly funded research institution that consistently places in the top 50 to 100 universities around the world. UQ is also well-known for being the most prestigious and well-known school in the country. The university’s mission is to play a part in the shaping of the future by bringing together experts in their fields and providing them with the education and training necessary to motivate future generations and move forward with ideas that are beneficial to the entire world.
Why choose to further your education at the University of Queensland? The University of Queensland has developed a number of programs that are both comprehensive and of a very high standard. These programs provide solutions to some of the most challenging research questions that people face in the modern era. Students gain an advantage as a result of global, national, and local partnerships that connect them with experts in their respective fields.
About the Scholarship:
The University of Queensland (UQ), which is considered to be the best university in all of Australia, is renowned for its innovative research and pedagogy. UQ has been recognized with more national teaching awards than any other Australian university as a direct result of the institution’s commitment to educational achievement. The University of Queensland (UQ) has three campuses in South East Queensland, all of which are located in the region. Both the St. Lucia and Herston campuses of the University of Queensland can be found in the city of Brisbane. The city of Brisbane is home to more than 2 million people. The city has a subtropical climate, which, along with a thriving cultural scene and a secure environment, makes it an attractive place to live. Due to its location in close proximity to a number of World Heritage sites, including rainforests, mountain ranges, and beaches, Brisbane is an excellent location in the Asia–Pacific area for commerce, investment, big events, and education.
UQ has produced over 280,000 graduates, including more than 15,400 PhDs, who have gone on to build a global network spanning more than 170 nations. More than 55,000 students call the University of Queensland’s three campuses in South East Queensland home. These students come from 142 different countries and include the majority of the most successful students in the state of Queensland. In addition, there are more than 19,900 postgraduate students and approximately 20,200 international students. Because of its six colleges, eight internationally renowned research institutions, and more than one hundred research centers, the University of Queensland (UQ) is home to an interdisciplinary community of approximately one thousand and five hundred scientists, social scientists, and engineers who are dedicated to advancing the quality of research and maintaining UQ’s long tradition of research leadership. According to the Fellowships and Grants scheme run by the Australian Research Council, the University of Queensland has been the recipient of the most money, with 419 grants totaling more than $290 million.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): University of Queensland
Scholarship Country: Australia
Scholarship Worth: $47,500
Study Level: Postgraduate
Nationality: International Students
A living stipend in the amount of $37,500 per year will be provided by the University of Queensland, in addition to $10,000 in travel support within Australia.
Eligibility for Scholarship.
- In order for the applicants to be considered, they are required to fulfill all of the following and stated criteria:
- Students who are Australian citizens or permanent residents are eligible to apply for the Global Challenges PhD award. International students who are onshore in Australia are also eligible for the scholarship.
International students who have done well in school and want to start their first year at Montclair State University can apply for merit-based Presidential Scholarships. There is a lot of competition for Presidential Scholarships. Individual amounts vary and are given based on your high school performance, which can include, but is not limited to, your unweighted high school GPA, class rank, standardized tests (if you took them), and your international residency status.
The University of Queensland 2022 Global Challenges PhD Scholarships in Drug Discovery and Chronic Disease, Australia is open to all International Students
- Are you interested, and do you qualify? To submit your application to the University of Queensland, Australia, please visit future-students.uq.edu.au.
- Confirm that you meet the requirements.
- Review the entry requirements for the Higher Degrees by Research program at UQ to determine whether or not you meet the prerequisites.
- Speak with a possible future supervisor.
- Find a researcher who has experience in the relevant area, and convince them to agree to support both your PhD and project.
- In order to make a conclusion concerning your purpose, level of comprehension, level of commitment, and the amount of required financial support, many departments will request extra information.
- They could ask for supporting materials, such a study proposal, in order to evaluate your application further. You need to talk about these supplementary needs with the probable person who will supervise your thesis.
- Collect all of your necessary paperwork.
- You will be responsible for gathering the required documentation. We are willing to accept scanned copies of original documents; nevertheless, you are required to maintain all original documents for the entirety of your academic career.
- Please upload all files in PDF format, and please name your files as follows: LASTNAME firstname document-name.pdf
- In the event that any of your files are written in a language other than English, you will be required to supply both the original file as well as an official translation of the file.
- Include all of the following supporting materials with your application.
The application deadline for University of Queensland 2022 Global Challenges PhD Scholarships in Drug Discovery and Chronic Disease, Australia is July 17, 2022