Open to African students, the Africa Postgraduate Regional Scholarship, UK 2022-23 is now accepting applications. This fellowship is open to candidates who wish to pursue postgraduate study in any of the subjects that are offered at the University of Essex. The application for the scholarship must be submitted by September 16th, 2022. If you are an international student from an African nation who is self-financing your postgraduate studies, you may be eligible for a scholarship in the amount of £4,500. This award will be granted to you in the form of a discount on your tuition price. There is an opportunity to receive an Africa Postgraduate Regional Scholarship, UK 2022-23 in order to participate in postgraduate level programs offered by the University of Essex.
About the Scholarship:
We were named University of the Year at the 2018 Times Higher Education Awards for our dedication to doing things differently and placing student success at the core of everything we do. Essex University has students from more than 140 countries, making it one of the world’s most diversified institutions. A comprehensive resource for all things Earth-related. Students at Essex University will learn from world-class instructors in a research-intensive setting that promotes independent thinking. As a result of the quality of our research, we have risen to number 25 in the United Kingdom (The Times and Sunday Times Good University Guide 2021). We’re proud of what we’ve accomplished in research and education over the past 50 years. No matter where you decide to attend school, you’ll have the chance to be a part of a community of students who are having the time of their lives. Because of the variety of options available, you can focus on the areas that are most important to you while still earning a degree from us. Everybody can join the ranks of Nobel Prize winners, Academy Award winning film director or other renowned persons who have gone on to transform the world and spread the Essex spirit.
In addition to visas, housing, and work opportunities, students at the University of Essex can take advantage of a comprehensive range of support services. During the week leading up to the start of each semester, new students are given orientation and information about life at the University of Edinburgh. At the start of each academic year, a shuttle service is provided between Heathrow and Gatwick airports and the Colchester campus. The University of Essex’s website has a wealth of resources to assist overseas students in settling into university life more quickly, including information on everything from immigration to money to study skills to travel. During the fall and spring semesters, students can take advantage of a free academic English program. There are 16-person flats with a communal kitchen and half of them have private bathrooms for all international students at the University of Essex, where they will live for the duration of their studies. The University of Essex has been awarded the International Accommodation Quality Mark, indicating that international students who reside on campus are extremely satisfied with their university’s accommodations (90 percent). The National Student Housing Survey ranked it second in both 2010 and 2011, and in 2009, it was voted the best overall facility in the nation.
The main campus of the University of Essex is located in Colchester, the oldest recorded settlement in the United Kingdom. The University of Essex has a brand modern campus in Southend, one of the safest cities in the United Kingdom. The port of Harwich is also nearby, making it easy for students to travel between the three sites. The Southend campus, part of a new multi-million pound facility, can be reached from the High Street. From Debden, which is located on the eastern end of the Central Line, students can reach the Loughton campus in less than 30 minutes by train. A total of 15,000 students hailing from more than 130 different countries attend the Colchester Campus, the largest of the three universities’ campuses. Housing choices are available on the university’s 200-acre campus, in addition to a gym and indoor/outdoor courts. More than a dozen businesses and the carbon-neutral Essex Business School have opened shop in the area.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): University of Essex
Scholarship Country: United Kingdom
Scholarship Worth: £4,500
Study Level: Postgraduate
Nationality: International Students
Students from African countries who meet the requirements will be eligible to receive a scholarship from the University of Essex in the amount of up to £4,500.
Eligibility for Scholarship.
- Only students who are fully self-funded and are registered at an international school are eligible to apply for these scholarships.
- Students have to be ordinarily residing (for a definition of what is meant by “ordinary residence,” see the terms and conditions section below) in a country that is located in Africa (defined as a member state of the African Union).
- Candidates for these scholarships must have graduated from an accredited high school or university in one of the countries listed above in order to be considered for grant consideration.
- Applicants are required to have received a bachelor’s degree with a grade that is equal to or higher than that which is given. It is not possible to make up for a poorer grade earned in the Bachelor’s degree by earning a higher grade in the Master’s program;
- Courses that commence in October 2022 or January 2023 and are designed to lead to a Master of Arts, Master of Science, Master of Laws, Master of Fine Arts, or Master of Research degree are qualified for consideration.
- Applicants who have firmly accepted an offer of a place before the deadline of 16 September 2022 (for an October 2022 start) or the deadline of 06 January 2023 (for a January 2023 start) and who have met the academic conditions of entry will be considered for these scholarships.
- Each student is only eligible to receive one scholarship award, and this particular grant cannot be held in conjunction with any of the other scholarships offered by the University of Essex.
- This award is exclusively offered to students who are entering their first year of master’s-level studies;
- Applicants that are selected should be available to participate in promotional activities.
- CGPA of 3.0 or above out of 4.0
- CGPA of 3 out of 5 or above.
Other countries that are members of the African Union
- at least a 2:1 ratio (or equivalent as defined by our Postgraduate Admissions selection criteria)
- Degree qualification
- In addition, if you hold a degree and are normally located in Africa, we will take into consideration your application for this award:
- from a reputable university in the United Kingdom, other than Essex, with a 2:1 or higher,
For the tragic events that took place on October 2, 2002, when Econometrics and Business Statistics students and faculty were killed, these awards are offered to deserving students. The Department of Econometrics and Business Statistics, as well as gifts from various individuals, including alumni, made these scholarships possible.
The University of Essex Africa Postgraduate Regional Scholarship, UK 2022-23 is open to all International Students
- These scholarships will be granted to students who have demonstrated exceptional intellectual achievement, and every academic application will be given due consideration.
- As evidence of grades attained, the University will only accept official transcripts and certificates that were presented as part of the initial application; no other supporting documentation will be considered.
The application deadline for University of Essex Africa Postgraduate Regional Scholarship, UK 2022-23 is 16 Sep 2022.