The Aristotle University of Thessaloniki offers monthly scholarships to undergraduates all the way up to Ph.D. level students. With this type of gracious and incredible support, the university definitely looks out for the latest international transfer students that are looking to help their own tuition situation out. In that case, students who are considered non-EU citizens will be able to benefit the most from the Aristotle University of Thessaloniki undergraduate scholarships.
We will be focusing on the Summer School of Modern Greek Language Scholarship which focuses on students who are not from Greece, but are currently interested or are already studying the Greek language and culture.
The Summer School of Modern Greek Language allows students to explore the possibilities of pursuing higher education in the wonderful country of Greece. Online courses are available as well if students would prefer to take online higher education.
The different courses available if a student decides to look for further language courses:
- Online 8 month could – 4 hours a week – that covers A2 and C2 levels
- 2-week Summer Program for Chonbuk National University: Off-Campus Language Seminars
- Australian & Greek-Australian students (NUGAS) – Becoming acquainted with Greek culture
- 2nd World Olympiad of Modern Greek Language
- American & Greek-American students course
- Study abroad program in cooperation with the Center for Hellenic Studies “PAIDEIA” (University of Connecticut, USA)
- Greek language program to the employees of The Black Sea Trade and Development Bank (International Financial Institution)
- Scientific cooperation agreement between Aristotle University of Thessaloniki and Canakkale Onsekiz Mart University (Turkey)
- Training of Greek instructors of Hungary
This is not a complete list of all of the available courses.
- International students are the best applicants that should be sending in an application. Domestic students will be asked to apply for a different scholarship.
- Students will need to have a valid passport that has a valid date that extends through the timeframe for when the individual will be asked to study in Greece in 2023.
- Students do not need to apply for a study visa for this, since most students have a 90 day available stay on their passports.
- High school age students should be the only students to apply. This is an age range from 17 – 19 years of age.
- All applicants will need to have their official documental translated into Greek. This means being able to have contact or contacting an Greek government official who is recognized by the university.
The most important factors contain:
- The summer program application which can be applied via their online portal. The application is located through the website link that is attached to this page.
- Students must provide a CV (resume will need to be translated into a CV format) and this CV can either be in Greek, Spanish, French, or English.
- Photo scan of a valid passport that belongs to the student.
- Students will need to attach a photo I.D. to their application before submitting.
- Either a high school diploma or certificate with the 2022 year, showing that the student is in fact considered an undergraduate.
- A minimum of two letters of recommendation are needed per student, and these letter of recommendations are being asked to be translated into Greek preferably. They do not have to be, but there is a better outcome and chance if they are.
How to Apply
The only viable way to apply is via online. There is an online application located with the website link attached to this page.
All official documents will need to be translated by either a Greek diplomatic mission abroad, through the Greek Ministry of Foreign Affairs, or certified by a Greek diplomatic mission abroad.
The committee may ask students to submit additional documentation if needed.
Reward – Extra Benefits
The applicants that are chosen to win this summer program will receive 450 EUR to cover the entire expenses for the program itself. The Summer School of Modern Greek Language lasts from mid-August to mid-September.
As long as the recipients follow the guidelines and rules, they will not have to pay for any registration fees or program fees. The only thing they will need to pay for is the roundtrip airfare ticket.
Deadline Time Line
Each deadline time line is on February 28, 2023. And the students are announced beforehand so they can prepare for the summer of 2023. All applicants must submit their applications to the Department of Studies to the university where this scholarship takes place.
However, if the student is awarded but stops meeting the criteria that is expected, the student will be deemed unfit to receive the scholarship.
Open Submission Window Time Frame
Applicants have ample time to submit there applications in. Typically the open submission window time frame opens at the beginning of the new year, so on January 1 and lasts until February 28, 2023.
All students should check with the university website about any delays or changes to the open submission window or deadline time frame. This is the best way to see if anything needs to reviewed or changed before submitting their application.
Here at Pick a Scholarship we offer a full range scholarship database for all students looking for varying degree levels. While we provide exact information for each scholarship application and when the deadlines/open submission windows are held. We offer a contact section on each post where the admissions of the university or the director of a private sponsor can be reached to give more information or details.
Annual or Renewable Scholarship Options
This is a annual scholarship that looks for specific high school students that are interested in spending their summer vacation being taught about the Greek Modern language in Greece. The same student cannot renew this scholarship.
Students that are interested should sit down with their parents or guardians to determine how much plane ticket airfare will cost since this is the one thing students will need to pay for themselves.