IEEE Computer Society Programs is pleased to offer the Richard E. Merwin Student Scholarship Program. This IEEE Computer Society scholarship is intended for graduate students or those in the last two years of an undergraduate program.
The sponsor will provide $40,000 to the winning applicants. The application closing date is September 30 of each year.
The scholarship was created in honor of the late Richard E. Merwin, Past President of the IEEE Computer Society, to recognize and reward student leadership.
It is intended to recognize and reward the active learner. Volunteer Leaders in student branches or chapters who show promise in their academic and professional endeavors.
About the Sponsor: IEEE Computer Society
IEEE Computer Society Programs is the world’s leading affiliate of IT and technology. IEEE Computer Society Scholarship is the organization’s rewards system for rewarding leadership service among students.
The IEEE Computer Society offers a total of $40,000 in scholarships. For one year of study (approximately 9 months), more than a dozen scholarships are available starting at $1,000.
The selected Richard E Merwin Scholarship Recipients of this award will have the opportunity to serve as student ambassadors for the IEEE in the computer science company for the particular IEEE region to which they belong.
What You Need to Know About the Richard E. Merwin Student Scholarship 2023
The Richard E Merwin Scholarship 2023 is available to graduates and those in the last two years of students of undergraduate programs in electrical or computer engineering, computer science, or a well-defined computer-related engineering field to recognize and reward their service Volunteer in your own community in the United States.
The Richard E Merwin Scholarship is hosted in the USA. If you are an international student and wish to study in the United States, you can look up these scholarships
- IEEE Computer Society is offering a total of $40,000 scholarship. More than a dozen scholarships of $1,000 and more are available, for one academic year (approximately 9 months).
- Selected winners of this award will have the opportunity to serve as IEEE Computer Society Student Ambassadors for the particular IEEE region to which they belong.
The Richard E Merwin Scholarship 2023 is available to students from the USA.
The number of the IEEE Computer Society scholarship being offered is not specified.
Eligibility for the Richard E. Merwin Student Scholarship
To be considered eligible for the Scholarship, the candidate must meet these requirements;
- The candidate must be a citizen of the United States.
- Graduate students and those in the last two years of a bachelor’s program in electrical or computer engineering, Computer Science, or a well-defined computer-related engineering field who are active members of a student branch or chapter are eligible.
- IEEE Computer Society membership is required. (Note: students applying for the award must have a minimum of one year to complete their degree, or be considering or enrolling to immediately begin further study upon completion.)
- Applicants must have a minimum grade point average of 2.5/4.0 (or exam scores of at least 60%) and be full-time students as defined by their academic institution during the course of the award.
- Student winners of the previous year’s Computer Society Richard Merwin or UPE/CS awards (13 months) are not eligible
Richard E. Merwin Scholarships Application Procedures
If applying for the IEEE Computer Society Scholarship, candidates can download the Scholarship Application Form via the link provided: https://www.computer.org/cms/Membership/pdfs/MerwinScholarshipTemplateFINAL_042815.docx
Applicants must complete a cover sheet:
- Applicant’s name
- Membership number
- Institution address
- Student Branch Code
- Student Branch Chapter
- Chapter code
- Chapter Advisor
- grade track
- Photo(s) (of work you have done with your chapters or other CS-related achievements)
- Transcripts and recommendation letters must be submitted.
Fill out the final copy and send it in PDF or WORD format (typos do not send ZIP file on request) to Eric Berkowitz: [email protected]
Click on the following link for more information:
Application Deadline for Richard E. Merwin Student Scholarships 2023:
The IEEE Computer Society Scholarship application deadline is September 30 annually.