To provide more assistance to international students who want to further their higher education in Australia, James Cook Univesity offers the Vice Chancellor’s Scholarship for international students for the academic year of 2022-2023.
About the Scholarship
The scholarship is intended for outstanding international undergraduate and postgraduate students who are willing to start their educational journey and demonstrate their academic excellence in Australia. The scholarship will be provided up to $40,000 annually for the successful student’s course duration at the university.
The scholarship is created to support the high-achieving students as part of the commitment of James Cook University to reward and prioritize them with a financial award that can be used towards their tuition fee. This scholarship will also help international students who are struggling with their financial burdens to further their education and achieve their career goals.
Scholarship Provider: James Cook University
About the Provider
A world-class university that provides high-quality education to both local and international students, students can explore, grow and discover their true talents and research abilities with high-quality teaching experience that makes it more different from other universities.
James Cook University is a public university located in North Queensland, Australia. JCU, Queensland’s second-oldest university, is a teaching and research institution. The university has an academic division that has a service division and oversees six colleges for research, resources, services, and primarily on education and the chancellor’s function. JCU is ranked 29th among the world’s universities aged 50 and under by Times Higher Education.
JCU is Queensland’s top university for reducing inequality and Australia’s leading university. Study in a unique environment that combines world-class facilities, international students, interactions, and natural wonders that comes together in one specific university. The John Cook University is a world-class university, regularly ranked as one of the top 300 universities in the world. It was also recently awarded the prestigious QS 5 Stars rating in 2021 for excellence in teaching, research, education, employability, and facilities
- Academic Year: 2022-2023
- Applicant’s Nationality: International
- Degree Level: Undergraduate and Postgraduate
- Field: Any courses offered by the university
- Duration: NA
- Number of Awards: NA
- Scholarship Awards: $40,000
- Scholarship Country: Australia
- Renewable: Yes
- Offered Annually: Yes
Applicants must meet the following criteria before proceeding with the application.
- Must be holding a visa permit to study abroad.
- Must be holding an offer to study in a full-time course offered by James Cook University.
- The scholarship will not be applicable to international students who will be enrolled in the field of Medicine, Veterinary, Dentistry, Psychology, Research, exchange program, or study abroad.
- Must have good communication skills in oral and written English.
Upon evaluation at the admission office for the eligibility for the scholarship, the students will be invited to the application or submission scholarship application. The instruction on how to apply for the scholarship will be detailed upon receiving the email confirmation.
The scholarship application will be evaluated for completeness, and the eligible applicants will be receiving an email of confirmation. The selection committee will assess the application until the closing date of July 18, 2022. The application will be ranked according to the application of the other international students and once the scholarship has been successfully obtained, students will be notified by July 25, 2022.
The Scholarship for the international students will be automatically evaluated and assessed upon admission, the eligible candidates will be invited to apply for the scholarship and will be assessed by the international admission team.
- The scholarship cannot be deferred.
- The scholarship cannot be combined with any other scholarship offered by the university and other private sectors, as well as the sponsored students.
- The successful students must maintain their GPA of 6. for the full-time holder waiver fees and 5.5 for the partial holder.
- The scholarship will not be awarded in cash, it will only provide a tuition fee waiver, however, reimbursements will be permitted.
- The scholarship will be allocated at the discretion of the Scholarship Committee.
- If the scholars failed to meet all the ongoing requirements, evidence of special circumstances must be provided at the Scholarship Office to seek consideration.
- The recipient of the award must agree to the terms and conditions applied to the scholarship.
- In case of unauthorized postponement of studies or leave, the right to the scholarship will not be granted.
- If you switch to another degree program, a continuation of the scholarship, including the deadline, requires approval from the dean in charge.
- If the Scholar fails to comply with any of the requirements of these Scholarships, the Dean of the applicable college may suspend or terminate the Scholarship or take such action as it deems necessary to enforce the Scholar’s compliance with such conditions.
- Students may request that decisions be reviewed under the terms of JCU’s Student Review and Appeals Policy.
- The university reserves the right to adjust or limit the number of awarded scholarships.
The scholarship is being administered by the International Support Students Office at John Cook University on behalf of the Vice-Chancellor. The scholarship funds will be held in the account of the university and shall be administered by the University in charge of the scholarship.
All successful students must be able to maintain the GPA required for the scholarship in order to maintain an annual university until its maximum course duration.
The John Cook University International Vice Chancellor’s Scholarship will be awarding the successful students a tuition fee waiver amounting to $40,000 annually for the minimum course they applied for at the university.
A partial scholarship will also be awarded valued at up to $20,000 annually or a 50% tuition fee waiver for the successful students.
The deadline to complete and submit the application is until July 18, 2022. The scholarship will be offered annually.