Each year, the Amazon company offers a paid internship and scholarship for deserving students in the USA that will provide assistance and support for their education. For the academic year of 2022-2023, Amazon Future Engineer Scholarship will be offered that aims to inspire and educate students to a computer science program with an award amounting to up to $40,000.
Amazon Future Engineer Scholarship Program
The scholarship offered by Amazon is to support the underserved students into the computer science education that can help them. Amazon believes in the power of education, it is not only important to the company but also for the future of the young generations.
Computer Science education is one of the in-demand programs that will help build diverse and future technology companies. $40,000 will be awarded to the Amazon Future Engineer Awardee that can be used to advance their career by the summer internship program.
The scholarship offered by Amazon is a guaranteed paid internship that will give an opportunity to hundred of students who can meet the eligibility of the internship.
- Academic Year: 2022-2023
- Nationality: USA
- Degree Level: Undergraduate
- Field: Computer Science, Computer Engineering
- University: Any eligible university or institution in the USA
- Country of Scholarship: USA
- Number of Awards: 100
- Scholarship Awards: $40,000
About the Provider
As one of the leading companies in the USA, that is well-known all over the world. Amazon has its principles in terms of business strategies and towards their competitors.
- Long-term thinking
Amazon honors and recognizes its customers all around the world and their employees. As part of giving back the support from the community, Amazon offers a scholarship and internship for young people who want to achieve their future goals and leadership skills.
Amazon is committed to extending help to the students and to the community. Amazon is known for its long-term thinking and they are aware that coding is the language of the future. In addition, STEM education and computer science are embedded in the jobs that many Amazon employees rely on every day.
To be able to obtain the scholarship, the students must meet the legibility criteria of the scholarship.
- Interested students must have employment approval by the US.
- A permanent resident in the USA, holding employment authorization from the government.
- In Secondary Senior High school, they will be graduating or completing their secondary education and will be enrolled in a full-time undergraduate degree.
- Must be enrolled or will be enrolled in Computer Science course, software engineering, computer engineering, and other related courses a dual enrollment will also be accepted.
- GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale or equivalent.
- Must be able to demonstrate their financial needs.
- Management Information Systems
- Software Engineering or Software Development
- Math (Mathematics, Applied Math)Data Science
- Computer Science, General
- Computer Engineering, General
- Electrical Engineering
- Information Systems
- Information Technology
- Computer Engineering Technology
- Computer Hardware Engineering
Scholarship Evaluation Criteria
The selection process for the scholarship is comprehensive, considering all the materials which the students will provide and the eligibility of applicants. Below are the criteria that will be evaluated by the scholarship committee.
- Student’s academic excellence and GPA.
- Work experience
- Experience in computer science or other related experience that the students can demonstrate.
- Financial need of the applicants.
- Recommendation from the professor.
- Gender diversity. ethnic and racial
- Official transcript of records
- GPA score
- Application form
- Full picture that fits on the scholarship application
- Recommendation letter, the recommendation letter must be provided by the teacher in secondary school and the provider preferred that the letter must come to a computer science professor.
- IRS 1040 Form, must be the first two pages of your household’s most recent submitted IRS 1040 form for financial information pages. If you claim to be dependent on someone else’s 1040 returns, you must submit the first two pages of the return with your application. Note: Please cover up any sensitive information, including social security numbers, before submitting or uploading.
The application process can be made through an online portal provided by Amazon. All incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Scholarship: Annually, the Future Engineer Scholarship offered by Amazon provides $10,000 annually for four years for a total of $40,000 per student. The scholarship will be awarding up to 100 students who will be enrolled in full-time computer science or any related course at an eligible university in the USA.
The awards are renewable each year for up to three years, the students may be able to earn their bachelor’s degree with the help of the scholarship program offered by Amazon. The recipient of the award must be able to maintain good academic excellence with their chosen university.
About the Internship
- Internship: the internship for the Future Engineer will give a guaranteed paid internship for the recipient of the internship.
Amazon Future Engineer Scholarship winners also receive guaranteed 12-week summer internships at Amazon upon completion of their first year. While working at Amazon the AFE interns work in integrated software development teams, working with interns, managers, and mentors to develop projects that can have a real good impact on Amazon customers. Interns started working on some of Amazon’s innovative technologies and core platforms, such as Amazon platform retail sections, Web services, and Alexa voice technology.
In addition to their project work, Amazon Future Engineer trainees learn about Amazon’s business through interviews with senior executives, deep dives from the tech team, and the annual Alexa Skills Hackathon. Interns build relationships with fellow interns by collaborating on projects and other social events. So, if you join as an AFE intern, you will have many fellow interns from the same background who can share knowledge and experience.
Scholarship Important Date
For the academic year of 2022-2023, the scholarship will be opened in November 2022. The deadline for application will be until February 1, 2023.
Amazon will be providing the scholarship to 100 outstanding students to better build their future and acquire and gain more knowledge and experience.
Amazon will also provide other scholarship programs for eligible international students.