The Field Research Fellowship allows international students to study or continue research in Mongolia. This scholarship originates from the foundation called the American Center for Mongolian Studies.
- Applicants that are interested in researching and studying for a period of time from May to October 2023 will need to be Ph.D.-level students.
- Candidates will need to be from the United States when applying for this fellowship scholarship.
- Only 4 to 8 students are chosen per academic year to receive this scholarship.
- College students that have just graduated from college are deemed eligible.
- Students must also be working part-time and this can be as a faculty member at their dedicated college.
- Study and research projects in Humanities, Social Sciences, and General Sciences are eligible for this scholarship fellowship.
Requirements Needed From Students
The most important aspect of this scholarship must absolutely include the fact that the Ph.D. level student applying has identified Mongolian institution or individual who will serve as their Research Sponsor in Mongolia.
There is a minimum for this research study opportunity of 3 weeks for this project that takes place between May and October of 2023.
How to Apply for this Scholarship
Here are the important and necessary items needed when applying online:
- A letter that acts as a letter of recommendation from the Research Sponsor.
- The Ph.D. level individual will need to share why their research studies will help the U.S. – Mongolia cooperative relationship and what can be improved to help both on an education community basis.
The selection process does involve the research time being dedicated to humanities or sciences. Also, if a student has not conducted research in Mongolia once before, that is not a problem. There is no limitation or prior experience needed.
Professionals and faculty committee from Ulaanbaatar will help and be part of the selection process to pick which individuals are deemed a great fit for this fellowship opportunity.
Rewards and Extra Benefits or Funding
The approximate funding for the Field Research Fellowship Scholarship is $4,000 USD. Involved in the $4,000 USD total amount includes expenses for travel costs like airfare, land transportation, and a research stipend. However, students can suggest the amount of $8,000 is needed for the research project for both the individuals and their research sponsor.
The deadline is on this exact date of February 15, 2023. There is no later deadline date or an extension which is not available as well. Students can expect all selection processes and students to be announced by the last week of March 2023.
Open Submission Window Time Frame
The open submission window time frame is considered to be open throughout the entire academic duration year. There is no grade or degree level limit. This means Ph.D. individuals will need to keep their eyes on this original website link which is posted to this article that can be used as a constant reference.
Since there is only mention of a deadline date, but not an open submission window time frame, this suggests that the open submission window is consistently open throughout the academic year.
Annual or Renewable Scholarship Options that are Available to Students
This is an annual option for new students who are studying in Mongolia. This is not stated as a renewable scholarship however, there are reasons to believe that a student can apply for this discount more than once. Students will need to contact the admissions office to find out more about the renewable opportunities.
We also suggest that all applicants read through the information guideline page that is available through the original scholarship link. This way, the individual can navigate the website correctly and identify the real scholarship online application. So far there has been no mention of any delays for this opportunity or any cancellations.