At the Royal Thimphu College, students will be able to look towards different progressive programs such as nursing, environmental management, business, science, sociology, developmental economics, English studies, anthropology, mass communication, and sports and health sciences.
These programs are available and will need to follow these eligible options to apply for this scholarship:
- Business (BBA & BCom) – Pass in Maths/Business Maths (For all streams)
- BSc in Nursing & Midwifery (4 yr) – Class XII Science Pass with 45% in Biology and 40% minimum in all other Class XII Science subjects
- BSc in Environmental Management (4 yr) – 50% in English
Preference will be given to Science stream students with a pass in Biology. Students from any stream who have not studied Biology and/or Maths in class XII will be required to complete a RTC bridge course in the necessary subject(s) 3 weeks prior to the start of the first semester.
- BA in English Studies (4 yr) – 55% in English
- BA in Development Economics (4 yr) – 45% in English, 45% in B.Maths/Maths or Economics
- BA in Political Science and Sociology – 50% in English
- BA in Anthropology – 50% in English
- BA in Mass Communication – 50% in English
- Bachelor of Sports and Health Sciences – Minimum aggregate of 50%
There is more information on the original scholarship website.
- Students will need to register to become a student at the Royal Thimpu College before they can apply for this scholarship.
- Eligible individuals need to be 22 years or younger when applying.
- Candidates with a minimum of 50 percent grade aggregated in English.
- Students that have picked one of the programs available to take at the Royal Thimpu College.
- Short-listed students may have to provide more information to complete their application.
- There is an eligibility requirement guideline and rules that is available on the original website.
After the student has become a new welcomed student to the university, if they are an international student they will need to be sure to acquire a student visa. This is a student visa is needed before arriving to the university.
This required items are needed when filling out the application:
- Copy of academic transcripts
- A family tree will be needed
- Letter of verification from Gup or Thromde authority – This regards family income
- Copy of CID/Route Permit
- Two letters of recommendation from faculty or professors
- Tax returns
- Any assets or liabilities, documentation will be needed
- A completely filled out application form with no mistakes or missing sections
How to Apply
The only way to apply is by becoming a student at the Royal Thimpu College. Then afterwards the RTC-YDF Scholarship Form needs to be filled out correctly.
It is possible that short-listed students will receive an interview and a phone call.
Please note that this scholarship does not cover the BSc Nursing and midwifery program, so any student who is studying this subject will not be a good fit for this scholarship.
Reward – Extra Benefits
Full tuition coverage and accommodation for 3 to 4 years. For a total of 4 years, an amount of $4,000 USD or more may be funded to the student. This does depend on financial standing.
Deadline Time Line
The last registration date for applications is on October 5, 2023. There are two times before this date that do accept applications for this scholarship.
Open Submission Window Time Frame
Anytime before October 5, 2023. This gives students a few months to correctly fill out their admissions form to send to the university to possibly be accepted as a new student to the university.
If the student is an international student not from the country, then they will need to plan and inquire for a student visa before arriving. This is the best way to have a student visa as some countries do require students to have their student visa on them once they arrive at the student destination.
Annual or Renewable Scholarship Options
This is an annual scholarship that lasts for the given time frame or how long the research project needs to be conducted. This is not a renewable scholarship research option. There may be option to receive a higher funding percentage depending on the student financial or low income background and current state of living.
All applicants should consult the contact webpage that is in the contact section of this page if a question has not been answered. Beforehand check the university’s FAQs page to see if anything can be answered right away.
Anyone can sign up to receive a university website newsletter to stay updated on the latest information.
We also suggest that all applicants read through the information guideline page that is available through the original scholarship link. This way, the individual can navigate the website correctly and identify the real scholarship online application. So far there has been no mention of any delays for this opportunity or any cancellations.