American University offers the Emerging Global Scholarship for International Undergraduate degree students who can demonstrate their academic excellence and leadership skills for the academic year 2023-2024. The scholarship will be offered to one deserving international student and it will be renewed for up to four years. The Emerging Global Leader Scholarship will be offered annually by the American University.
The AU Emerging Global Leader Scholarship advances educational access and opportunity while improving worldwide variety. Uniting the best of AU – academic greatness, leadership advancement, and global commitment – the AU Emerging Global Leader accomplishes, moves, and presents with vision. The AU EGL is devoted to positive metro and social change and will get back to work on under-resourced, underserved networks in their nation of origin. They welcome you to meet their moving current AU Emerging Global Leader Scholars and late EGLS graduated class.
Just a single AU Emerging Global Leader Scholarship is accessible for Fall 2023. On the off chance that you are not chosen as the 2023 AU EGL beneficiary and wish to proceed with the application cycle, you might be qualified for partial merit scholarships. In any case, you should submit evidence of extra finances past the underlying U.S.$4,000 you gave. Assessed costs for the 2023-2024 academic year are U.S.$73,802.
Approximately $4,000 annually will be awarded to one international student which covers all billable expenses such as tuition fees and accommodation, the students must be needing an F-1 or J-1 visa to further their higher education in the USA.
The scholarship will not be covering the student’s airline tickets, insurance, and other expenses. However, the scholarship will be renewable for up to four years.
- Academic Year: 2023-2024
- Applicant’s Nationality: International
- Degree Level: Undergraduate Degree
- Field: Any eligible field offered by the university
- Number of Awards: One
- Duration: Up to four years
- Scholarship Country: United States
- Scholarship Awards: $4,000 annually
- Renewable: Yes
- Offered Annually: Yes
Scholarship Provider: American University
About the Provider
A student-focused research university establishment situated in Washington, DC, with exceptionally positioned schools and universities, globally prestigious personnel, and standing for making a significant change on the planet. Their students separate themselves for their administration, leadership, and capacity to reconsider global and homegrown difficulties and opportunities.
At AU enthusiasm becomes an activity; students effectively participate in their general surroundings, and the leaders of today train the leaders of tomorrow.
American University is a Methodist-partnered establishment contracted by Congress in 1893. A solution to George Washington’s call to make a public university in the country’s capital, American University was intended to prepare local officials for the future, a dream it actually holds right up to the present day. Decisively situated in a beautiful private locale of Washington, DC, our grounds — a certified arboretum — join the upsides of a conventional school setting with the energy, culture, and opportunities of a global capital city.
They cooperate with key associations in Washington, DC, locale, and all over the world to better the human condition, gain from a huge range of encounters and entry-level positions, make significant changes, and address society’s current and emerging difficulties. American University’s leadership is devoted to managing the academic mission, research undertaking, and vital vision of the University.
Before proceeding with the application process, the students must meet the following:
- International students can demonstrate how they overcome the challenges and various obstacle as well as being in an underrepresented socioeconomic and global issues.
- Must have a minimum GPA of 3.8 or equivalent to 4.0 or must be at the top of their class.
- Can demonstrate their commitment to community services, leadership, and volunteerism, and help advance the people who are in need in their home country.
- Applicants who are still currently admitted to their secondary or high school and be graduating students by June 2023.
- Students in the IB System ought to want to graduate with a full IB confirmation with no less than 3 HL subjects. Students concentrating on the English A-Levels framework should finish no less than 3 A levels and finish 13 years of concentration before August 2023.
International students whose first language is not English language are required to have good communication skills in oral and written English, and to meet one of the following:
- TOEFL iBT score of 95+
- Sub-scores of 24+ on the paper-based TOEFL
- IELTS score of 7.0
- SAT Reading Subscore of 33 minimum
- ACT English minimum score of 29
- PTE minimum score of 65
- Duolingo score of 120+
- Cambridge Score of 185 or higher
Important Note: The AU EGLS determination process is generally competitive. Considerations will be given to those AU EGLS candidates who apply and finish the AU EGLS application, Normal Application, and global affirmations record accommodation process by December 15, 2022.
- Interested applicants must be able to complete their application in an online portal provided by the university, the application opens on September 1, 2022.
- Applicants must submit their bank letter and Certificate of Finances which demonstrate a minimum of $4,000.
- Submit the English language test score, this should be submitted directly at the admission office of the American University.
- Complete and present the Normal Application or Coalition Application, along with all supporting reports per agenda by AU EGLS need a cutoff time of December 15, 2022, or by January 15, 2023, at the most recent. Note that the starter AU EGLS application parcel should incorporate a bank letter affirming at least US$4,000 (not US$73,802). Students who don’t present a total application parcel with all supporting reports by the application deadline won’t be evaluated.
- In the event that you are applying through a program upheld by EducationUSA or on the other hand on the off chance that you are a previous FLEX or YES secondary school scholarship beneficiary from the U.S. Division of State, you should give a letter from your EducationUSA focus’ counsel affirming your candidacy. You might demand the letter to be shipped off to [email protected] as a PDF.
The deadline to complete and submit the application is until December 15, 2022. Late and incomplete applications will not be evaluated.