International students can apply for the Birkbeck University of London Scholarships 2022-2023, which are partially financed scholarships. These scholarships are offered for both undergraduate and graduate programs. This scholarship might be worth up to £4000 in total.
Birkbeck’s academics and researchers collaborate through a variety of networks, groups, and societies. To stimulate and facilitate innovative, interdisciplinary study, these cut across departments, subjects, and areas of expertise.
About the Scholarship:
Birkbeck, University of London (BBK) was founded in 1823 and has a unique admissions policy compared to many other universities. BKK encourages applicants to apply even if they lack the usual qualifications, as applications are evaluated based on your knowledge of the subject and any job experience you may have. Because the university is in the heart of London, students will have access to all of the city’s public transportation options, as well as the opportunity to live in such a diverse and lively city with all that it has to offer. Birkbeck is pleased to be one of the world’s top 350 research-intensive universities. The reputation of Birkbeck as a world-class research and teaching institution headquartered in central London attracts the majority of overseas students. Birkbeck awards University of London qualifications, which are internationally recognized as a mark of quality and excellence. 74 Nobel Laureates, 52 presidents and prime ministers, and several international celebrities are among the University of London’s graduates and faculty. Birkbeck has been a part of the University of London for 100 years and will commemorate 200 years of higher education in 2023.
The University has students from over 120 nations, so you’ll be surrounded by dedicated, motivated students from various walks of life, vocations, and cultures, ranging in age from 18 to 80. You can learn alongside London’s working professionals while also pursuing internship or part-time career options throughout the day thanks to our unique nighttime teaching. This will not only assist you in paying for your studies, but it will also allow you to explore work opportunities and improve your career prospects. Talent, a professional recruitment agency that works with some of the UK’s best firms to assist Birkbeck students get appropriate work experience and advance in a competitive job market, is available to you. 73 percent of Birkbeck research was designated world-leading or internationally excellent in the 2014 Research Excellence Framework. Half of Birkbeck’s submissions were in the top 20 nationwide, with Psychological Sciences coming in fifth, Earth Systems and Environmental Sciences coming in sixth, and Biological Sciences coming in eleventh. Birkbeck is placed 332nd in the world in the QS World University Rankings for 2022. In English and Philosophy, the University is listed among the top 100 universities in the world, while in History, Psychology, and Arts and Humanities, it is placed among the top 200. Birkbeck is ranked in the top 350 of more than a thousand premier universities in the 2019 Times Higher Education World University Rankings.
Based on abroad personnel, students, and research collaborations, the University is placed in the top 10% of listed universities for worldwide view. International students benefit from a fixed program for room assignment in residence halls. The majority of halls are in Bloomsbury, just minutes from the institution, and offer a wide range of alternatives, from catered to self-catered studios.
If you wish to live in private rented property in London, you will have free access to the University of London’s expert Housing Service, which can assist you in finding the most appropriate form of housing. Over 200 undergraduate and postgraduate programs are offered at Birkbeck, with nearly all lectures taking place in the evening. Birkbeck’s academic activities are separated into five faculties, each of which is further divided into nineteen departments. As part of the University of London, Birkbeck adheres to the same academic standards as the rest of the university and awards University of London degrees. Five Nobel Laureates, prominent political figures, members of the United Kingdom Parliament, and a British Prime Minister are among Birkbeck’s alumni.
There is no better place to learn than London. The main campus is located in Bloomsbury, central London, a vibrant, student-centered neighborhood that is home to a number of University of London universities and colleges. The University has its own cafés, coffee shops, and bar, as well as a free screening room at 43 Gordon Square. Birkbeck is also home to one of the world’s largest concentrations of libraries, including the British Library and Senate House Library, as well as its own well-resourced, recently renovated library.
The British Museum and the National Gallery are also near by, while the West End, Soho, Covent Garden, and King’s Cross are all within walking distance of Birkbeck, allowing you to take advantage of London’s world-famous shops, restaurants, pubs, theatres, and clubs. You can take advantage of everything London has to offer. The majority of classes are held at the Bloomsbury campus, however some programs are also held at the University Square site in Stratford, East London, which is a vibrant and inventive location for entrepreneurs and creatives. Both campuses provide outstanding facilities, transportation, and support services.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Birkbeck University of London
Host Country(s): United Kingdom
Scholarship Worth: £4000.
Study Level: Undergraduate/ Masters
The following are the scholarship amounts offered by Birkbeck International Scholarships to their recipients:
1. £4000 (first) (tuition fee-only, first year only)
2. £2,000.00 (tuition fee-only, first year only)
3. £1,000.00 (tuition fee-only, first year only)
4. The sum of £1000 (tuition fee-only, first year only).
Note: Scholarships may not be used in conjunction with any other full scholarships (e.g. Chevening). Within two weeks of being chosen for the scholarship, you must pay the non-refundable deposit of £2000.
Eligibility for Scholarship
Candidates must meet all of the following requirements to be considered for Birkbeck International Scholarships:
1. English is a required language.
2. Countries eligible: Africa (Sub-Saharan Africa), Asia (Central Asia, South Asia, South East Asia, and East Asia), the Caribbean, Latin America, and the Middle East and North Africa (MENA) (Middle East and North Africa).
3. You are a full-time undergraduate or postgraduate taught student from outside the United Kingdom who has received an unconditional offer from Birkbeck to begin in Autumn 2022. To be eligible, you must have been evaluated as an international fee-payer.
4. You are a resident of a country in the relevant region on a regular basis.
5. You are self-supporting
6. You are a student who pays tuition fees as a ‘International’ student.
7. Each student is only eligible for one scholarship grant, and the scholarship cannot be used in conjunction with any other scholarship.
The Birkbeck University of London Scholarships 2022 – 2023 is open to all international students.
2. Accounting and Management
3. Accounting and Management with Finance
4. Accounting with Finance
5. Ancient History and Archaeology
7. Archaeology and Geography
8. Arts and Media Management
9. Bio medicine
11. Business Psychology
13. Community Development and Public Policy
15. Contemporary History and Politics
16. Creative Writing
17. Creative Writing and English
18. Criminology and Criminal Justice
19. Culinary Industry Management
20. Data Science and Computing
21. Economic and Social Policy
23. Economics and Business
24. Economics and/with Mathematics
26. Environmental Management
27. Film and Media
28. Finance with Accounting
29. Financial Economics
30. French Studies
31. French Studies with International Experience
33. Geography and International Development
36. German with International Experience
To apply for a Birkbeck International Scholarship, please follow the instructions below:
(1) Review the university’s general admissions standards and apply here.
(2) After receiving an unconditional offer from Birkbeck, complete the online application form for the region in where you normally reside.
Application form for those who live in Asia/Central Asia on a regular basis
– You must be a citizen of one of the following countries and reside in one of them: India, Pakistan, or Bangladesh.
Application form for those who live in East Asia/South East Asia on a regular basis
Brunei, Cambodia, China, Hong Kong SAR, Indonesia, Japan, Laos, Macau SAR, Malaysia, Mongolia, Myanmar, Philippines, Singapore, South Korea, Taiwan, Thailand, Vietnam
Application form for people typically residing in the Middle East/North Africa
– You must be a citizen of, and reside in, one of the following countries: Turkey, United Arab Emirates, Syria, Jordan, Egypt, Libya, Morocco, Bahrain, Kuwait, Tunisia.
Application form for persons typically residing in North America
– You must be a Canadian or American citizen and live in one of those countries.
Application form for those who live in Latin America or the Caribbean on a regular basis- With the exception of Brazil, you must be a citizen of and reside in any Latin American or Caribbean country. You may be eligible for the Birkbeck Global Future Scholarship (see above) if you are a Brazilian national.
Application form for persons typically dwelling in Sub-Saharan Africa
– You must be a national of one of the following territories and reside there: Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Congo (Brazzaville), Congo (Democratic Republic), Côte d’Ivoire, Equatorial Guinea, eSwatini, Gabon, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Malawi, Mali, Mauritius, Mozambi
(3) Successful scholars will be chosen based on a statement of support for their application of no more than 4000 characters. They should explain why they are the best contender for the scholarship in their statement.
(4) You will be notified by e-mail whether you have been awarded this scholarship. You must pay a non-refundable deposit of £200 within the date specified on your award letter (typically five working days).
(5) To be eligible for the grant, you must successfully enroll for the Autumn 2022 intake by October 8, 2022.
The application deadline for Birkbeck University of London Scholarships 2022 – 2023 are:
First deadline: 31 May 2022. Second deadline: 15 July 2022 (1 August 2022 for Sub Saharan Africa only)