These scholarships provide financial assistance in the form of a living stipend to students who are conducting research at the University of Queensland in pursuit of a research-focused professional doctorate, a Doctor of Philosophy, or a Master of Philosophy degree.
About the Scholarship Sponsor:
Because of its many strengths, UQ is widely considered to be the top institution in Australia. More national teaching awards have been given to UQ than any other Australian university. There are three different campuses of the University of Queensland in the same general region of Southeast Australia. There are two campuses of the University of Queensland in Brisbane, one in St. Lucia and one in Herston. At today, more than two million people call Brisbane their permanent home. Welcoming visitors with its subtropical climate, thriving cultural scene, and low crime rate. Brisbane is a center for commerce, business, major events, and education in the Asia-Pacific region because of its proximity to multiple natural World Heritage sites, including rainforests, mountain ranges, and beaches.
There have been about 268,000 graduates from the University of Queensland, with 14,500 earning doctorates. The combined nationalities of current and former students total over 170. Several of these individuals have made the decision to continue their studies at the University of Queensland, which is widely regarded as the finest educational institution in Queensland (268,000). More than 53,600 undergrads and grads study at one of the three campuses that make up the University of Queensland in South East Queensland. Sixteen percent of the student body is comprised of postgraduates, and another sixteen percent are international students from one hundred thirty-four different countries. The university is home to over a hundred different research centers, as well as six schools with faculty from virtually every academic field.
Berkeley, California, home to the prestigious university, is a hotbed of political upheaval. Students at Queensland’s higher education institutions can choose to focus their studies in a wide variety of fields. Queensland’s beautiful beaches, verdant forests, rare species, and exciting theme parks have all contributed to a dramatic increase in the state’s student population in recent years. The state’s rapid development may have been facilitated by its strategically significant location. It is generally accepted that universities in Queensland’s major cities offer a diverse selection of undergraduate and graduate programs. Included in this category are the fields of the performing arts, business, and hospitality (which includes the management of hotels and the creation of itineraries for tourists).
Even in the most out-of-the-way corners of Queensland, you may still get a quality education. From the more commonplace marine science and business administration to the more exotic tropical agriculture, there are many options for students to choose from. University of Queensland (UQ) is the only Australian university to have joined Universitas 21, and one of only three Australian universities to have been a founding member of the prestigious edX consortium. The University of Queensland (UQ) in Australia is not only one of the best research universities in the world, but it is also a member of the prestigious Group of Eight (Go8). UQ is not just a world-class academic institution, but also one of the few Australian universities to have gained initial entry to the Group of Eight (Go8). (MOOCs)
The University of Queensland has produced over 280,000 alumni, including over 15,400 Ph.D. recipients. The global network of former students that these individuals have established includes members from more than 170 different countries. With three locations in Southeast Queensland, the University of Queensland is home to more than 55,000 students, faculty, and staff. This university draws students from 142 different countries, including many of Queensland’s best minds. There are 20,000 students enrolled in various levels of education, 19,500 of them are graduate students and an equal number are post-graduates. Almost 1,500 scientists, social scientists, and engineers call UQ home, and they’re all dedicated to keeping UQ at the forefront of their disciplines and making it even more so.
The University of Queensland is home to over a hundred distinct research centers throughout its six faculties of study. According to the Australian Research Council’s Fellowships and Awards database, the University of Queensland has been awarded 419 separate grants with a combined value of more than $290 million. The Australian Research Council is responsible for funding these awards (ARC). The University of Queensland is home to over a hundred distinct research centers throughout its six faculties of study. From what we can tell from the Australian Research Council’s Fellowships and Grants website, the University of Queensland has received 419 separate grants worth almost $290 million. Australia’s National Science and Technology Awards are supported by the Australian Research Council (ARC).
Scholarship Sponsor(s): The University of Queensland
Scholarship Country: Australia
Scholarship Worth: $38,854
Scholarship Type: Postgraduate
Nationality: International Students
The base stipend is adjusted annually and currently sits at AUD 38,854 per year (2022 rate). Tuition fees are also covered.
Eligibility for Scholarship
- Awarded to people who are either Torres Strait Islander or Australian Aboriginal and will allow them to pursue a Master of Philosophy or Doctor of Philosophy degree at The University of Queensland in any area of philosophy.
- students who are nominated by an enrolled school or institute at UQ and who are studying in Australia full-time and ashore
- the Graduate School has determined that the applicant has fulfilled all of the requirements for admission to the higher degree by research program.
In addition to this, you are not allowed to:
- possess a certification that is at the same level as, or higher than, the higher degree by research program that you are currently enrolled in.
- be getting a wage, living allowance award, or scholarship that’s worth more than 75% of the RTP. Scholarship with a living allowance in order to participate in a research program leading to a higher degree
- be eligible for a tuition fee scholarship sponsored by the Commonwealth of Australia
RMIT University knows that there are a lot of motivated international students who want to go to college in Australia. For the academic year 2023-2024, the university is offering the Stem Scholarships for students in Latin America to help these students overcome financial barriers. The scholarship is worth $10,000, which they can use to pay for school and focus on their studies.
The University of Queensland 2022 Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Research Scholarships is open to all International Students
- Check to see if you meet the requirements to get a Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) or a Master of Philosophy (MPhil), then get your documents together and get in touch with the HDR Liaison Officer at the school or institute you are considering attending if you have any queries.
- When you submit your application, please check to see that the following are listed under the section for scholarships and joint study:
- Include a Confirmation of your Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander Status.
- Choose the option that says “My higher degree does not include collaboration.”
- Choose the option that reads “I have been granted a scholarship or sponsorship, or I am currently applying for one.”
- Choose the sort of scholarship that is designated for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students.
- The HDR Liaison Officer at the institution or institute in which you are considering enrolling will be able to offer assistance to you throughout the application process.
The application process for University of Queensland 2022 Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Research Scholarships is currently opened