Interested students who want to study in Australia can now start their application to the International Postgraduate Research Scholarships in Asteroseismology offered by the university of Sydney for the academic year of 2022-2023.
The scholarship is intended to provide financial assistance to the deserving and outstanding international students who will be admitted to postgraduate degree research in Physics. The scholarship value is up to $35,950 for living stipend assistance to break the financial barrier that the students are facing and be more focused on their education and broaden their horizons and develop the skills needed to meet their professional and personal goals.
Research at the University of Sydney
The University of Sydney is one of the universities well-known for its top research opportunities. Harnessing the power of technology to change lives and change the future to share Technology can help us solve some of the most challenging problems facing humanity. By better understanding and utilizing existing technologies and developing more creative ideas to create positive change.
The university is committed to developing the best and brightest researchers and has many scholarship opportunities to support international research students. Their research is guided by the big picture, and approaches problems from all angles, combining the skills and talents of various researchers. At the University of Sydney, their scientists are solving the world’s biggest problems. Explore some of our research and innovation projects to see how we are making an impact.
Their multidisciplinary research combines knowledge from various disciplines such as art, philosophy, and architecture with health professionals to transform health and clean well-being. Two researchers from the University of Sydney have been honored for their research leadership with the National Health and Medical Research Council (NHMRC) Research Excellence Awards during a presentation in Canberra on March 30.
Scholarship Provider: University of Sydney
About the Provider
For over 170 years, the University of Sydney has been challenging the tradition to make everyone’s lives better and to develop more leaders of the society and equip them with leadership qualities to be able to serve the community at any level.
Founded in 1850, the University of Sydney is an international university and research institution that offers many courses in Australia. The university is one of six sandstone universities in Australia.
The University of Sydney is consistently ranked among the top 50 universities in the world and is recognized worldwide as a leader in education, research, student experience, and graduate study. The University encourages everyone to reach their potential and does not limit people’s pursuit of excellence based on their circumstances.
Tackling some of the world’s most pressing issues by putting sustainability at the heart of campus operations, the environment, and partnerships. The Sustainability Strategy guides their commitment to renewing the organization’s focus on sustainability, setting out their ambitious goals to contribute to the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals.
Studying at the University of Australia will get you the highest rate of employability, no matter what degree and field you study. The university supports the students to undertake an internship and work placements with industry leaders that can ensure everyone can have a job after their graduation.
- Academic Year: 2022-2023
- Applicant’s Nationality: International
- Degree Level: Postgraduate
- Field: Physics
- Number of Awards: NA
- Duration: Up to three and half years
- Scholarship Awards: $35,950
- Scholarship Country: Australia
- Renewable: Yes
- Offered Annually: Yes
To be able to proceed with the application process, the students must meet the following eligibility:
- The applicants can be local or international students.
- Ph.D. in research, research must be related to stellar astrophysics.
- Must be holding an unconditional offer to study full-time for a Ph.D. degree at the university.
- Have good communication skills in oral and written English.
- Must have good academic qualifications.
The eligible students can start their application in an online portal provided by the university.
- After accessing the application portal, the students must complete their application details such as name, contact information, birth date, and student identification number, the student’s number can only be provided upon admission.
- Information about the previous university attended and complete details of undergraduate and master’s degrees.
- The applicants must refer to the terms and conditions for the scholarship.
- Be able to submit required documents.
As part of the application process, the students are required to submit documents that can support their scholarship application.
- Research Proposal
- Academic Transcript of Records
- Curriculum Vitae which also includes the applicant’s previous research.
The students can upload all the required documents on the online portal provided by the university.
Before submitting the application, the students must read the following instructions:
- The University of Sydney accepts photocopies of supporting documents for scholarship applications. All supporting documents must be true and complete information.
- Be prepared to provide proof of original or supporting documents whenever possible
- A detailed analysis of supporting documents is an important part of the scholarship selection process and may include appealing to the primary admissions office or higher education institutions, other organizations (academic or otherwise), or individuals in Australia or abroad to verify the information.
- Providing incorrect information in accordance with the application or incorrect information found in connection with the application may result in the rejection of the admissions/scholarship application.
The University of Sydney will be providing stipend scholarship assistance to successful students with a total value of up to $35,950. The financial assistance will be able to support the student’s research in asteroseismology.
The stipend assistance will be offered for up to three and half years and the successful students must meet the academic requirements of the university to be able to maintain the scholarship.
The deadline to complete and submit the application is until September 5, 2022.