Australia Awards is a representative prestigious international scholarship. Multiple scholarships are offered by the Australian Government to the next generation of global leaders for development. Through focused study, excellent research and professional knowledge development in Australia or the Pacific-Asia region, recipients develop the skills and knowledge to drive change and build enduring people-to-people links with Australia.
For more than 60 years, the Australian Government has supported the education of emerging leaders from Fiji and Tuvalu. Australia’s international development assistance in Fiji and Tuvalu helps promote prosperity, reduce poverty, and enhance political stability. This continued effort and research is hoped to continue for many years to come and for all students that wish to be involved.
Australia Awards in Fiji & Tuvalu offers two study options:
- Australia Awards Scholarships to study undergraduate and postgraduate courses in Australia.
- Australia Awards Pacific Scholarships to study TVET, undergraduate and postgraduate courses in the Pacific region.
The priority areas of study are determined in line with Fiji’s National Development Plan and Tuvalu’s National Strategy for Sustainable Development.
Applications are strongly encouraged from women, people with disabilities and those from the provinces.
Successful graduates will become part of their respective alumni program.
For Fuji candidates:
- Strictly for citizens of Fuji
- Must be a resident of Fuji at the time of applying for this scholarship form
- The age requirement for this scholarship is a minimum of 18, and that means the student must be turning 18 at the beginning of the 2023 school year
- Students that apply cannot apply or have another scholarship already awarded
- This is for students who intend to attend a 4-year college
- For high school students only or the equivalent
- Both male and female students may apply
- If a student has a prior criminal offense they cannot apply
For Tuvalu candidates:
- Candidates that are older than 18 years of age, must have at least 5 years of work experience to show (resume or CV)
- Applicants must have a minimum Year 12 aggregate result of 250 out of 400 or equivalent
- Both male and female applicants may apply
- Applicants cannot have a prior criminal offense on their record
There are multiple requirements that must be met to be eligible for the Fuji scholarship. Such as:
- Students must have graduation with high marks for their senior high school year or equivalent
- Must have completed Year 12 and 13 exams
- If the student is over 18, they must have 3 years work experience (part-time)
There are multiple requirements that must be met to be eligible for the Tuvalu scholarship. Such as:
- Applicants must hold a Diploma of Nursing or Bachelor of Nursing
- All applicants must have a grade point average at a minimum of 3.0.
The following programs are available for study which goes with this scholarship:
- Diploma in Mechanical Engineering, Fiji National University
- Diploma in Marine Engineering, Fiji National University
- Diploma in Nautical Science, Fiji National University
- Postgraduate Diploma in Midwifery, Fiji National University
Individuals with disabilities with be a chosen priority over other applicants.
How to Apply
All applicants must carefully read through the guidelines and rules that are on the website link provided on this page. From there students should acquire and organize all of the documents they will need to submit with their application form. The application form is only accessible on the website link provided.
The scholarship application will be founded under the “Resources” page on the website.
Students can print out the application form and copy and print out their official documents, then send them to:
Ground Floor, Sabrina Building,
Corner of Gordon St and Victoria Parade,
Or to the Australia awards address:
Australia Awards Office
GPO BOX 17384,
It solely depends on what the student wishes to do.
Reward – Extra Benefits
The reward for this scholarship is full tuition coverage. The full tuition coverage averages out to $33,000 per year which would fully cover tuition plus any excess fees that may be presented.
Possibly flight and health insurance may be added to the scholarship award depending on the recipient.
Recipients can find out more about what waived fees that would be capable of collecting since this is a huge scholarship award that covers multiple areas.
The official deadline date is April 29, 2022 or the time scale is 11:59 a.m. April 29th, 2022. There is no extension available with this scholarship and students will not be able to acquire one if they ask. This is a strict deadline and students or applicants must follow all the rules associated with the Australian Awards.
All students should check the website to see if any dates or deadlines have changed, been delayed or considered void. This is the best way to stay up to date with the information that is presented on the website link provided on this page and the only way to stay up to date about this particular scholarship.
The only way to apply for this scholarship is through the link directly.
Open Submission Window Time Frame
The open submission window time frame is from February 1, 2022 to April 29, 2022. This gives about 2 months for students to enter the scholarship award.
If the open submission window time frame is shorten at any point, all students should be notified via e-mail as long as they are registered on the website link provided. This is the only way students will find out if any changes have been made.
This is an annual scholarship that is awarded each year to select students. Multiple students are chosen per year and will be notified if they will need to provide additional information or documents. Also students will be notified via e-mail about where they are at in the selection process, if they have been chosen as a recipient or even if they have not been chosen.
If a student is not chosen for the 2022 year. They should try again if they fit within the qualifications of the 2023 academic school year.