With support from the Australian Research Council, the Australian Centre of Excellence for Automated Decision Making and Society (CoE ADM+S) was founded in the year 2020. (ARC). The Centre is located among nine different universities in Australia, and it collaborates with some of the most prestigious academic, business, and service institutions both in Australia and around the world.
The creation of the information and techniques required for automated decision-making that is responsible, ethical, and inclusive is the mission of the Centre for Responsible Robotics. It employs researchers from a variety of fields, including the social sciences, the humanities, the legal profession, and the technological sciences. In addition, the Centre runs a research training program that is both active and innovative. This program is geared toward early career researchers, postdoctoral research fellows, and PhD students.
About the Scholarship Sponsor:
The University of Queensland (UQ), which is widely regarded as the most prestigious educational institution in the entirety of Australia, is particularly well-known for the pioneering research and teaching practices that it is home to. As a direct result of the institution’s commitment to educational accomplishment, the University of Queensland (UQ) has been honored with a greater number of national teaching awards than any other Australian university. South East Queensland is home to all three of the campuses that make up the University of Queensland (UQ), which can be found throughout the region.
The University of Queensland has two campuses located in the city of Brisbane; the St. Lucia campus is one of them, while the Herston campus is the other. More than 2 million people currently call the city of Brisbane their home. The city enjoys a subtropical climate, which, in addition to its flourishing cultural scene and relatively safe environment, contributes to the city’s attractiveness as a location to reside. Due to the fact that it is situated in such close proximity to a variety of World Heritage sites, including rainforests, mountain ranges, and beaches, Brisbane is an outstanding location in the Asia–Pacific region for commerce, investment, major events, and education.
Over 280,000 people have received degrees from the University of Queensland, with more than 15,400 receiving doctorates. These alumni have gone on to create a global network that spans more than 170 countries. More than 55,000 students call one of the three campuses in South East Queensland that make up the University of Queensland their home. The bulk of the most successful students in the state of Queensland are among these students, who hail from 142 different countries and make up the student body at this institution. In addition, there are around 20,200 students from other countries and more than 19,900 students enrolled in postgraduate programs.
The University of Queensland (UQ) is home to an interdisciplinary community of approximately one thousand and five hundred scientists, social scientists, and engineers who are committed to advancing the quality of research and maintaining UQ’s long tradition of research leadership. The University of Queensland is comprised of six colleges, eight internationally renowned research institutions, and more than one hundred research centers. According to the Fellowships and Grants scheme that is operated by the Australian Research Council, the University of Queensland has been the beneficiary of the most money, with 419 grants totaling more than $290 million. These grants were awarded by the Australian Research Council.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): The University of Queensland
Scholarship Country: Australia
Scholarship Worth: $31,000
Scholarship Type: Undergraduate
Nationality: International Students
- Candidates who are successful in being selected by the University of Queensland will be awarded a scholarship in the amount of $31,000 a year for a period of three years, with an additional extension of 6 months being possible.
Eligibility for Scholarship
- At the University of Queensland, postgraduate research study programs are available in the areas of Arts, Humanities, and Social Sciences; Communication, Media, and Experience Design; Computer Science and Information Technology; and Law; students can apply for these programs.
- In order for the applicants to be considered, they are required to fulfill all of the following and stated criteria:
- The applicants are required to have a high level of academic achievement.
Students from Zambia who are interested in pursuing their engineering education in Ireland for a Master’s degree during the academic year 2023-2024 can apply for financial assistance through the Frank Ferguson Fellowship, which was established in collaboration with the Engineering Institution of Zambia and the Irish Government. This fellowship will be available to students who meet the eligibility requirements.
The University of Queensland 2022 PhD International Scholarships in Artificial Intelligence and Automated Decision Making, Australia is open to all International Students
- Are you interested, and do you qualify? To submit your application, please visit the University of Queensland in Australia’s website at apply.uq.edu.au.
- In order to move forward with the formal application process, prospective students are required to hand in a draft of their PhD research topic to the Project Supervisor for the purposes of discussion, further development, and assistance
- Before you send in your application, you need to make sure that you:
- Verify that you meet the requirements to earn a Doctor of Philosophy degree (PhD)
- prepare your documentation
- Get in touch with Professor Paul Henman at [email protected] to talk about how you could benefit from receiving this scholarship.
- When you submit your application for a Doctor of Philosophy, you will also be asked to apply for this scholarship (PhD). You will not be required to submit a separate application for the scholarship.
- When you submit your application, please check to see that the following are listed under the section for scholarships and joint study:
- Choose the option that says “My higher degree does not include collaboration.”
- Choose the option that reads “I have been granted a scholarship or sponsorship, or I am currently applying for one.”
- Choose ‘Other’ from the drop-down menu, then click on ‘Research Project Scholarship,’ and in the field labeled ‘Name of scholarship,’ enter in ‘AI-HENMAN.’
The application deadline for University of Queensland 2022 PhD International Scholarships in Artificial Intelligence and Automated Decision Making, Australia is September 22, 2022