Siemens Ltd., China offers a complete scholarship to outstanding overseas students who wish to pursue Ph.D. degrees at Tsinghua University. The Scholarship awardees will work with Siemens to do Ph.D. research in ten categories (details in Table 1), including Artificial Intelligence, Future of Automation, Autonomous Robotics, and others. Scholarship awardees will establish the groundwork for the development of inventive skills in the industry by studying and practicing at the cutting edge of industrial technology development.
About the Scholarship:
Tsinghua University was founded in 1911 and comprises 16 schools and 56 departments covering science, engineering, humanities, law, medicine, history, philosophy, economics, management, education, and art. Over 4,000 faculty members are currently employed by the university. Tsinghua University, as one of the country’s major learning and research institutions, is dedicated to basic research, applied research, and scientific innovation. Tsinghua University has about 31,000 full-time students, including 3,500 international students from 112 countries. There are 65 undergraduate programs, 252 doctoral programs, and 271 master’s degree programs at the university. Tsinghua University’s campuses comprise 392 hectares and can accommodate all full-time students. Sports centers, bookstores, banks, restaurants, post offices, and hospitals are all available on campus, making campus life convenient and pleasant. The university has a number of colleges and departments that provide programs in science, engineering, literature, the arts, history, philosophy, economics, management, law, education, and medicine, among other areas. Tsinghua University offers more than 70 undergraduate degree programs, as well as a large number of master’s and doctoral degree programs. There are around 300 research institutions within the university. The Tsinghua National Laboratory for Information Science and Technology, the State Key Laboratory of Precision Measuring Technology and Instruments, and the National Engineering Laboratory for Digital Television are among the university’s research labs. Tsinghua students can join over 200 student organizations, including the Zijing Volunteer Service and the Students’ Performing Arts Club. Zijing Apartments (), located to the north of Tsinghua University, is China’s most modern and largest student dormitory, with a capacity of 22,400 students.
Zijing is made up of 26 blocks and 23 buildings ranging in height from 7 to 15 floors. The entire area under construction is 350,000 m2 (3,800,000 sq ft). The prices of the apartments are listed below. New students should apply at the Zijin Building 19 reception desk.
The Tsinghua International Students & Scholars’ Gala Night transforms the Tsinghua University campus into a heart-pounding and reinvigorating celebration of cultural diversity, talent, and the Tsinghua spirit every year. Tsinghua University has about 110 student organizations in five categories: science and technology, physical education, humanities, arts, and public welfare. Students’ Performing Arts Club, Zijing Volunteer Service, Students’ Association of Science and Technology, Photography Association, Foreign Languages Association, Association of Student International Communication (ASIC), and others are just a few examples. Thousands of international students attend Tsinghua University. Students are encouraged to participate in numerous extracurricular activities and join the university’s student associations.
Extracurricular activities for international students are also organized by the International Students Office, including a welcome party for new students, a New Year’s party, a graduation celebration, tourist tours to Chinese cultural and historical sites, sports contests, and so on. Tsinghua University places a high value on sports. Tsinghua University’s women’s basketball team is the world champion. Tsinghua University also requires students to pass a swimming exam in order to graduate. Tsinghua is near to Wudaokou, which is the heart of Beijing’s student zone and home to a plethora of international eateries and bars.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Tsinghua University
Host Country(s): China
Scholarship Worth: $31,000
Study Level: PhD
Nationality: International Students
- tuition costs;
- a stipend for living expenses (including accommodation, medical insurance, books or other materials, transportation, etc).
In total, 200,000 RMB every year.
Eligibility for Scholarship
All of the following requirements must be met by applicants for the Scholarship:
- Meet the entrance requirements for international graduate students (for more information, see Tsinghua University’s Admission to Graduate Programs 2022?
Is it suitable for international students?
- Use the department/school listed in table 1;
- Must respect Siemens’ values and be willing to collaborate with Siemens on research projects;
- Are not eligible for any other kind of Tsinghua University scholarships.
Siemens China Scholarship Interview Dates, Process, and Location
- Scholarships are provided to scholarship recipients for a four-year term in theory? If a Scholarship recipient completes his or her studies and receives a degree ahead of schedule, the scholarship period for the student will be decreased in accordance with the actual study period.
- Scholarship recipients who have not been able to complete their studies within four years due to objective (exceptional) circumstances or who will achieve a higher level of achievement in their research if the length of study is extended for a period of time may apply to have their studies sponsored for an additional period of time.
- Scholarship if the University approves a study extension. All members of the Scholarship Committee should sign off on the application in writing.
Scholarship winners must attend the Annual Review once a year to see if they are eligible for the scholarship for the following academic year.
The Tsinghua University 2022 Siemens China Scholarship is open to all international students
- Read this introduction carefully to ensure that you meet the scholarship’s conditions, then select “YES” on the question “Do you want to apply for the Siemens China Scholarship?”
- Fill out the online application for full-time foreign graduate programs in 2022 at http://gradadmission.tsinghua.edu.cn.
- Applicants must certify that all information and application materials submitted in this application are true and correct. If fraud or purposeful exaggeration is discovered, the applicant or award shall be rejected.
- Applications that are missing papers or do not meet the standards will be rejected.
- You must submit your application online. There are no other options for submitting an application.
- The scholarship application materials must be submitted within the specified time frame. Failure to upload the application materials by the deadline will be considered a renunciation of the application.
- This scholarship is a merit-based award. It is recommended that applicants apply for the Chinese Government Scholarship at the same time in order to boost their chances of receiving financial aid throughout their studies.
The application deadline for Tsinghua University 2022 Siemens China Scholarship is March 1, 2022