If you are a fresh graduate from an engineering department in any background this is a chance for you to further your knowledge and education and apply for the Ph.D. Scholarship for Biomedical offered by RMIT University in Australia for the academic year of 2022-2023. The scholarship is intended for local and international students that can demonstrate their academic excellence and good communication skills.
RMIT University in Australia seeks Ph.D. students who are highly motivated and interested in using advanced materials in the applications of biomedical technologies. The project of the scholarship will determine and study the feasibility of utilizing additive manufacturing techniques.
Scholarship Provider: RMIT University
About the Provider
RMIT University located in Australia is one of the highest-ranked universities all over the globe, how they give an excellent education puts them in the top-ranked. The university is dedicated to giving quality education and research that will engage the community and the industry.
The university aims to give support to local and international students to achieve their career plans and be one of the leaders that can contribute to the growing community. Aims to engage and inspire people to bring up perspectives and fresh ideas by exploring more resources and cultural space.
University: RMIT University
Academic Year: 2022-2023
Degree Level: PhD
Scholarship Award: $31,000
Number of Awards: One
Nationality: International and local students
Interested students must meet the eligibility requirements of the scholarship
- The students must be residing in Australia as permanent or international students.
- Must meet the eligible minimum English language requirements of the university.
- Holding a Masters degree in research or in coursework with a significant research component is assessed with honors or equivalent, or a bachelor’s degree with honors is assessed with honors. Research must be completed in engineering, science, or other appropriate fields
- Demonstrate good verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrate the ability to work as part of a multidisciplinary research team.
- Must meet the entry requirements of the university admission.
Interested local and international students in Australia must create their login profile at the application portal provided by the university and submit all the necessary documents needed to complete the application process. All documents must be sent to Dr. Hua Qian Ang Vivian at email@example.com
List of Documents
- A cover letter that outlines your interest in the scholarship and in the project
- Official transcript of records must be digitalized
- The CV includes your academic merits, grades, and other relevant experience and publications if any.
- Language Test scores
English Language Test
Students are required to have good communication skills in written or oral, and must submit any of the following scores
- IELTS score of 6.5
- PTE score of 58
- TOEFL iBT score of 79
- C1 176
- C2 176
Scholarships are awarded based on a competitive selection process that ranks candidates based on academic merit, research results, and relevant work experience. However, preference will be given to the following:
- have received a high distinction in the last two years of the qualification program. At RMIT, a high-level award is an academic achievement of 80% or more.
- Can be considered equivalent by RMIT taking into account previous education, relevant work experience, publications, and other related research experience.
- Students who are currently or about to be enrolled and primarily based on the RMIT University.
On the other hand, the applicants for the VCPS must not have passed a previous university degree in a research proposal within the past three years.
- No scholarship holder may postpone the commencement of the scholarship to the next calendar year. All grantees must apply and begin their RMIT program in the year the scholarship is awarded.
- All grantees are expected to maintain their enrollment in their HDR program at RMIT.
- All scholarships awarded are expected to maintain and make more progress on their academics during their program.
- The recipient of the award may not receive an award, grant, or equivalent salary that benefits more than 75% of the full-time RSS rate for doing HDR. Income not related to studies or earned for studies but not for securing a livelihood is not taken into account when assessing this requirement.
- To be eligible for the RTP Fee Scholarship, a student must not receive an equivalent award or Commonwealth Scholarship that is intended to compensate HDR fees.
- Failure to meet the requirements of this award may result in cancellation or being suspended as scholars at the university.
The RMIT University in Australia will award the deserving students an amount of $31,000 for up to three years and probably an extension of six months awards for the full-time awardee. Annually, RMIT is required to pay each candidate the full value of their scholarship unless the applicant is late for the admission, suspends the scholarship, or is canceled. If the applicant is not enrolled for a full year due to delays or interruptions, RMIT must pay at least part of the annual tuition for that year.
All fees that will be related to the student’s visa will not be paid or covered by the university. The students must read and agree to the terms and conditions applied to the scholarship, to better understand and maintain the awards. Please keep in mind that RMIT University can terminate the scholarship in the following cases:
- If the student no longer meets the eligibility criteria set out in these Terms, except during the period the Research Scholarship has been suspended or during a leave of absence pursuant to Section 9.5 of these Conditions.
- When the applicant is no longer a full-time applicant and has not received approval for a part-time research grant from RMIT
- When the students have already completed the course.
- If RMIT determines that the students are not conducting its Assessment in accordance with these Terms.
- If the students have committed a violation against the universities conduct policy.
- Spreading some misleading information.
- Students who can’t make any progress towards their academics.
Once the scholarship is terminated by the Scholarship Committee it cannot be processed again.
The application deadline will be open until the scholarship committee will have the final decision will be awarded. All application must be sent and completed to have it assessed early.