The Australian Government in partnership with Monash University invites both local and international students to undertake the Research Doctorate or Research Masters Degrees with the help of the Research Training Program(RTP) in Australia for the academic year of 2022-2023.
The scholarship program aims to provide a stipend or living allowance to help support the local and international students while commencing their higher education at Monash University. If you are looking for an Australian Scholarship for Local and International Students this scholarship will be one of the best choices for you, it offers a total value of $30,000 that will enable the students to focus on their studies to help them grow their skills and professional developments without borders.
Scholarship Provider: Monash University
About the Provider
Choosing Monash University is the best decision for a successful career, Monash University firmly believes in student excellence and ensures that they receive exceptional facilities and education in Australia. They also benefited from more study opportunities at Australia’s largest university. The Monash graduate has the global vision and skills and confidence to make a positive difference.
Ranked as a top 100 university in the world and as a public research university, they aim to provide a high-quality education to ensure that every student achieves their career and financial goal and be one of the leaders who can contribute t the communities and serve as an inspiration to others.
- Academic Year: 2022-2023
- Applicant’s Nationality: Both local and international students
- Degree Level: Master and PhD
- Field: Any eligible course program at Monash University
- Duration: NA
- Scholarship Award: $30,000
- Scholarship Country: Australia
- Renewable: Yes
- Annually Offered: Yes
- Be a local and international students
- Must have a good academic record, the award will be based on the student’s performances, involvement in the community, and academic excellence.
- There is a specific academic entry for the scholarship and the applicants must meet the requirements according to the degree that which the applicants will be admitted.
- Some courses offered at Monash University have additional requirements that will outline relevant to the chosen course of the applicants.
Admission Criteria for Masters and Ph.D. degree
Here is the Standard Entry for both Master’s and Ph.D. degrees at Monash Univesity, all applicants are required to demonstrate the capacity to carry out independent research and have the right training and ability to fulfill the proposed courses at the university, the qualification below mus the from the Monash Univesity or equivalent:
The minimum qualifications for admission to the Ph.D. are:
- a bachelor’s degree which requires at least four years of full-time study in a related field and which usually includes a research component in the fourth year, leading to an honor 1 or 2A in a related field;
- a course leading to a level assessed by the relevant department, faculty, and commission equivalent to a price of 1 or 2A in a related field;
- The master’s degree, which includes the thesis, usually covers a significant part of the research, including at least 25% of the full equivalent year of the thesis, including the dissertation. It is usually expected that a price range of 2A will be obtained for a research dissertation as a project. If no figures are available, the auditor’s reports are taken into account; of
- there are qualifications that the GRC considers to be equivalent.
- All applicants must be able to demonstrate the ability to conduct independent research and have appropriate training and ability to follow the proposed course of study. In all cases, the Monash University qualifications described below should be considered equivalent in the opinion of the Graduate Research Committee (GRC).
- A master’s degree in a related field that includes work usually involves a significant part of the research, at least equivalent to honors (the “basic research component” of a master’s degree varies from field to field). It is generally expected that at least a high grade 2B (with an overall score of at least 65 or higher) will be obtained for a research dissertation as a project. In the absence of a diploma, the auditor’s reports are taken into account; there are qualifications that the GRC considers to be equivalent.
For complete requirements depending on the courses that the applicants choose to be admitted to, the university provides an official page to the course handbook admission entry qualifications.
All International students must have good communication skills in written and oral English, all coursework will be thought in the English Language.
- IELTS score of 6.5
- TOEFL score of 550+ paper-based
- TOEFL internet-based score of 79
- PTE score of 58
- Cambridge score of 179
An application for a postgraduate research scholarship is submitted at the time of applying for your course if you are not already enrolled. Whether you are a new or current student, the same application process applies to admissions and/or scholarships through Monash University Applicant Portal.
You do not have to indicate which scholarships you are applying for, as you will automatically be considered all postgraduate researchers
It is important to check all the eligibility, criteria, deadlines, and admission entry requirements of the scholarship before proceeding with the application. Prior to the application, the university suggests all interested applicants review the submission guide that will detail all required documents to support your scholarship application and some useful information regarding the application process.
Monash University Research Scholarship is competitive, the scholarship committee will be reviewing the applicant’s academic merits, research outputs, and related experience. The successful students are required to familiarize themselves with the terms and conditions of the scholarship program.
Monash University Research Training Program will provide the following to successful students:
- Living Stipend
- Relocation Allowance
- Tuition fee
- Local students will be automatically awarded an RTP fee offset.
A total value of $30,000.
The deadline to complete and submit the application form is until June 1, 2022. Late and incomplete applications will automatically be rejected as well as providing false information.