The MS International Federation come up with an idea to provide assistance to low or middle-income countries to pursue their post-graduate degree outside of their home countries in the field related to sclerosis. The McDonald Fellowships urge all applicants to begin their application for the academic year of 2023-2024.
About the McDonald Fellowship Award
The McDonald Fellowship empowers early professionals and numerous sclerosis researchers from low-and-middle pay nations to work in a research establishment beyond their own country. The fellowship is now open for application for a project or virtual to overcome all the travel restrictions. During the fellowship period, the candidates will gain their expertise or carry out their degrees through joint research projects.
Following the fellowship award, the federation expects candidates will actually want to utilize the recently evolved aptitude and organizations, proceeding to attempt MS research and additionally quiet consideration in low-and middle-income nations. The fellowship comprises of a two-year award, around £30,000 GBP each year, to take care of the student’s travel and living expenses, and an extra commitment of £2,000 GBP each year to the host institution or university.
The fellowship award is a joint project/partnership with ECTRIMS and one fellowship award is known as the MSIF-ECTRIMS McDonald Fellowship. One more fellowship award in partnership with the members of ARSEP Fondation pour l’Aide à la Recherche sur la Sclérose En Plaques r known as the MSIF-ARSEP McDonald Fellowship Award.
The partnership is the most exciting collaboration as both organizations are committed to finding the solutions to the MS and the solutions will come from all over the world. The fellowship intends to support the young fellows to develop their research and to fulfill more opportunities for their professional careers.
Scholarship Provider: MS International Federation
About the Provider
MS International Federation is a unique international network for the people affected by MS, staff, and volunteers all around the world. Their movement consists of 47 organizations with links to other. Their vision is to have a world without MS. Inspiring, mobilizing, and bringing people together to help improve the personal satisfaction of everyone impacted by MS and to end MS forever.
They unite crafted by MS associations to help individuals impacted by MS globally. They reinforce those associations in nations where there is little help for individuals with MS. They crusade for expanded attention to the sickness, give data to the individuals, and back international research into better therapies and ways of dealing with the illness.
The MS International Federation (MSIF) is the world’s just worldwide development of individuals impacted by MS and their public associations. This development of individuals and associations sharing thoughts and experiences across borders creates international missions, further develops care for individuals impacted by MS where there is practically zero help, and is an impetus for momentous research joint efforts.
- Academic Year: 2023-2024
- Degree Level: Postgraduate
- Field: Health-related research
- Duration: Two years
- Number of Awards: NA
- Scholarship Country: United Kingdom
- Scholarship Award: £30,000 and an additional contribution of £2,000
- Renewable: Yes
- Offered Annually: Yes
Interested applicants must meet the following:
- Must be educated to a postgraduate degree in the field area relevant to the fellowship program.
- The applicants must be a citizen of low-middle-income countries at the time of application.
- The research must be focusing on the area relevant to sclerosis.
- Studying or working in low-middle-income countries.
- Studying or working in another country on a project started within 6 months.
- Applicants whose studying in another country that was supported by the MS International Federations are also eligible to apply.
- The candidates will be expected to return to their home country after the duration of the fellowship awards, where they may be able to contribute to the advanced research and care for the MS.
- The fellowship may likewise be utilized as an enhancement for business related to MS by an up-and-comer who has been acknowledged for preparing in a perceived establishment (inside the half-year preceding designation) but who needs more cash to take care of the all-out expense.
- The host supervisor together with the candidates must read and agree to the terms and conditions applied to the fellowship awards.
- Projects are possibly acknowledged whether the hazard travel is low; the undertaking can be completed securely with insignificant resources to the candidate; there are adequate assets and oversight to permit the proposed venture to occur; and the task exhibits adequate worth to the candidate.
- The application form will be changed to incorporate an inquiry posing to the candidate to compose an arrangement for how to lead the work or a piece of the work if unfit to travel.
- The Fellowship will be commencing no later than the year-end of 2023.
The federation urges expected candidates to think inventively along with their proposed has about possible arrangements.
The research projects may be:
- In a research institution or hospital in the fellow’s home country.
- In a research institution or hospital abroad if the travel already permits.
- Virtual projects
The virtual projects are just conceivable in the event that the candidate and host can exhibit how to get adequate mentorship through the undertaking term.
- Applicants must identify their fields of interest.
- Contact and agree to the project proposals to the host institution or hospital.
- The applicants must complete the application form in an online portal provided by the federations.
- After the application submission, the host will be contacted to submit the required supporting materials and statements using the same application form.
- The applicants need to submit three references to send a reference letter for their research projects.
- It is important that the applicants must read and agreed to the terms and conditions applied to the fellowship awards.
The fellowship awards duration is up to two years with an award amounting to up to £30,000 annually and £2,000 additional contribution to the institution.
The awards will be covering living expenses, travel, and other related fees.
The deadline to complete and submit the application is until June 30, 2023.