For thirty years, the Rural Health Professions Action Plan has upheld the endeavors of rural Albertans to keep an available health workforce near. RhPAP is focused on cultivating and assembling associations with rural communities, partners, accomplices, students, and each other to urge better admittance to rural health.
The Bursary for Internationally Educated Nurses is the return service bursary with maximum support of $30,000, including variable and fixed costs such as the student’s tuition fees, program fees, assessments, exams, living expenses, and licensing fees. The Bursary program aims to help the students complete the bridging program from the following secondary institution in Alberta Canada:
- Mount Royal University
- Bow Valley College
- NorQuest College
The Bursary program is intended for international students to train to finish a term of nursing work in a rural region in Alberta. The bursary aims to provide funds to help internationally educated nurse to complete their training to practice as authorized functional medical nurses in exchange for the time they may be working in Alberta, Canada. The successful applicants are required to sign a return-of-service agreement to practice their nursing in an eligible Alberta community.
The return-of-service agreement will be calculated and determined in view of one year of full-time rural services, and a $6,000 bursary in funding will be received. For the reasons for this program, everyday work is viewed as 30 hours out of each week and can be contained in one full-time position or part-time position.
Bursary Provider: Rural Health Professions Action Plan
About the Provider
Laid out in 1991 by The Government of Alberta as the Alberta Rural Doctor Action Plan, and initially centered around supporting practicing rural doctors, RhPAP has become a more extensive rural local area health workforce attraction and maintenance asset, a partner with Alberta’s clinical schools, as well as a trusted, cooperative accomplice for rural Alberta communities attempting to accomplish more prominent admittance to health care.
RhPAP is committed to building relationships and fostering rural communities, partners, stakeholders, and learners to encourage better access to health care. Rural Albertan communities have the proper health workforce to actually convey the health administrations they need to flourish.
Rural Health Professions Action Plan gives a scope of data and assets coordinated to the attraction and maintenance of healthcare suppliers to rural Alberta communities. RhPAP has sent off a rural local area limit-building program for the leaders and local area champions who need to have an effect in their communities. This program has two parts: information sessions and learning series. Annually, they help build more and more developments in their rural health communities for the people of Alberta and around the world.
- Academic Year: 2023-2024
- Applicant’s Nationality: International
- Degree Level: Bachelor’s Degree
- Field: Nursing
- Awards: Fully funded amounting to up to $30,000
- Scholarship Country: Alberta, Canada
- Renewable: No
- Offered Annually: Yes
Before proceeding with the application, the applicants must meet the eligibility requirements of the program.
- The applicants must be internationally educated nurses who are currently enrolled in full-time studies leading to nurse licensing or registered nurse certifications in any of the listed eligible institutions in Alberta, Canada.
- Be a Canadian resident, a permanent resident, or a safeguarded individual inside the significance of subsection 95(2) of the Migration and Evacuee Security Act (Canada), or approved to learn at Participating universities or institutions, approved to work in Canada, as characterized by the immigrations, Citizenship in Canada or refugees.
- Must be willing to be assigned in a return of service agreements.
- Must be able to provide a statement of the registration form from their post-secondary institution which outlines the number of terms they need to complete the program.
- The applicants must also be registered in the bridging program that starts last January 2023 or later.
- Currently residing in Alberta.
Bursary Selection Process
- The bursary fund will be awarded on a first come first serve basis, the RhPAP encourages the eligible applicants to apply as early as possible.
- All applications will be reviewed and will be based on the eligibility criteria of the applicants.
The eligible applicants may directly apply for the bursary program in an online portal provided by the RhPAP. The applicants must also contact the provider to check the admission criteria of the eligible institution for the program.
- The applicants must follow the application process for the bursary program.
- After the application has been approved, the applicants must complete all the necessary documents needed to support the application.
- Keep in mind that incomplete and late submission of the application will not be considered.
- Applicants with no issues with their application will be contacted by the provider.
The one-time bursary awards will consist of the following benefits:
- $3,625 Living expenses per term or to a maximum of $14,500.
- $3,500 non-repayable incentive that will be covering the successful student’s examination fees, assessments, program fees, licensing fees, and criminal records checks.
- The successful students will also be awarded a 75% tuition fee cost amounting to up to $12,000 in tuition support or $2,625 per term.
Keep in mind that the bursary program will not be covering the student’s immigration fees and travel fees.
Successful students commitments
The bursary awards are non-transferrable and non-repayable, and the successful applicants agree to work and live in Canada as a nurse for a period of time after graduation which they will serve in the rural area in Alberta.
- The return service will be valid for up to one year of full-time nursing employment with support amounting to up to $6,000.
- The maximum term for services is up to five years.
The deadline to complete and submit the application is until December 31, 2023.