International students who are currently facing financial barriers to furthering their education will now have the chance to further their higher education in the USA. The Shasta College Foundation offers the Shasta College Foundation Scholarship for International Students for the academic year of 2023-2024.
Shasta College Foundation recognizes the financial hardship of every students especially the international students facing challenges to overcome all the barriers to keep up with their education in the USA. The Shasta College Foundation now welcomes the international students with scholarship opportunities and to pursue thier higher education with a worl-class quality education.
Scholarship Provider: Shasta College
About the Provider
Shasta College is one of the leaders in advanced education in California. The college won the profoundly selective Development in Advanced education grant three times for programs that assist students with succeeding in finishing their testament, degree, or transfer to a university.
Shasta College was one of 15 California community colleges selected to offer a bachelor’s degree program in 2015 and praised its first graduating class in 2018. In 2016 Measure H, a $139 million general commitment bond, was passed by nearby voters permitting the district to fabricate new facilities and revamp existing structures. In 2017 Shasta College got the ACCJC reaffirming certification for an entire seven years with 16 commendations.
Shasta College was established in 1948 as a component of the Shasta Association Secondary School District. In the Centennial year of California and Shasta District (1950), Shasta College opened its doors on Eureka Way in the Fall with multi day students. Shasta College is important for the California Community College system, which is the largest system of advanced education globally, with 116 colleges coordinated into 72 districts. The college has agreements to work with transfer to the University of California and California State University systems, and numerous confidential college campuses.
Because of the diversified goals and needs of its students, Shasta College offers a great many programs and services, including counseling, mentoring, monetary guide, performing arts and athletic events, student activities, veterans’ services, comprehensive developments, address series, workshops, and workmanship exhibits. Shasta College has extensive offerings through both in-person and online classes.
Advanced education institutions today are being asked by their authorizing agencies and communities to describe subjectively and quantitatively their activities and outcomes. Institutions must take on a culture of using information and looking at proof as a component of the preparation and decision making processes.
Shasta College Research, as a team with various administrative and instructional offices inside the college, is the point of convergence for such analyses and dissemination of such information.
A non-profit organization consist of volunteer, the Shasta College Foundation are honored to serve both the communities and students by partnering with the Shashta College Departments, community organizations and students club to provide assistance to the events and activities which develop more opportunities for building connections and personal growths.
Foundation mission: to strikingly and inventively
upgrade students’ general insight of Shasta College.
Foundation vision: to understand the worth of advanced education in the locale by empowering and inspiring deep rooted development and learning in their students and community members.
Shasta College provides opportunities for students to foster decisive reasoning, viable correspondence, quantitative reasoning, data ability, community and worldwide awareness, self-viability, and work environment skills. Comprehensive student services programs and community partnerships support learnings and developments.
- Applicant’s Nationality: International
- Degree Level: Undergraduate
- Field: Any eligible fields
- Number of Awards: One
- Scholarship Awards: $3,000
- Duration: NA
- Scholarship Country: USA
- Renewable: Yes
- Offered Annually: Yes
Before proceeding with the application interested students must meet the application criteria of the scholarship.
- All international students are eligible to apply for the scholarship.
- The international applicants must be planning to commence their degree program at Shasta College by the Fall Semester.
- The applicant’s must be taking a minimum of 12 units.
- The international students whose first language is not the English language must have a good communication skills in oral and written English.
- Must demonstrate their academic achievements. GPA requirements must be 3.5 or higher.
To apply for the scholarship, the applicants must follow the following:
- The application can be completed in an online portal provided by the college.
- Applicants must complete all the application form including personal informations.
- An essay will be required which outlines the reason to study at Shasta College, will it be beneficial to your educational journey.
- Applicants are required to submit an additional documents to better support their application.
- Please know that the application doesn’t consequently saved assuming you leave the page prior to pressing “Submit.” It is suggested that you survey the requirements, type up your essay on a word record, then submit everything once you are prepared.
- The application can be print to serve as copy.
All application will be evaluated and review bu the scholarship committee once submitted. The applicants with strongest application and eligibility will be awarded for the scholarship.
As part of the application process the students must submit the following:
- Two letters of recommendation
- Recent Transcript of records
- Passport copy
- Other related documents
Please keep in mind, that all required documents must be emailed to [email protected]. Documents cannot be uploaded to the online application portal.
The Shasta College Foundation will be awarding one succesful international students. The scholarhsip award will be up to $3,000 and a one-time payment.
The scholarship award will be directly submitted to the students account to pay their educational expenses. The winner must be an F-1 visa holders to be eligible to receive the scholarship awards.
The deadline to complete and submit the applicaiton is until April 30, 2023.