The Karolinska Institute is a research-led medical university in Solna, Sweden within the Stockholm urbanized surrounding area. The Nobel Assembly at the Karolinska Institute awards the Nobel Prize in Physiology or Medicine. The assembly consists of fifty professors from various medical disciplines at the university. This highly respected institution has led world wide discoveries within medical research that is also utilized around the world.
The departments available for study within this institution is:
- Biosciences and Nutrition
- Cell and Molecular Biology
- Clinical Neuroscience
- Clinical Science and Education, Söder Hospital
- Clinical Science, Danderyd Hospital
- Clinical Sciences, Intervention and Technology
- Dental Medicine
- Environmental Medicine
- Laboratory Medicine
- Learning, Informatics, Management and Ethics
- Medical Biochemistry and Biophysics
- Medical Epidemiology and Biostatistics
- Medicine, Huddinge
- Medicine, Solna
- Microbiology, Tumour and Cell Biology
- Molecular Medicine and Surgery
- Neurobiology, Care Sciences and Society
- Physiology and Pharmacology
- Public Health Sciences
- Women’s and Children’s Health
The institution has multiple notable figures throughout history that had studied here who have gone on to become legendary as well as historical figures that are still well known today.
- All applicants must have applied to one of Karolinska Institutet’s Global Master’s Programs starting 2022
- Must be a tuition fee paying student (from outside the EU/EEA)
- All applicants must have paid the application fee by in early 2022 or before
- All applicants must fulfill the entry and documentation requirements for the program a student has applied for
- First-year students are the only ones that can apply for this scholarship
The amount of scholarships varies from year to year, but there are maximum 10 scholarships per year, spread to all the Global Master’s Programs. The competition is fierce with approximately 1500 international students applying for the scholarship annually.
The selection process is based on an overall assessment of the applicant’s CV and qualifications that are submitted via University Admissions and evaluated in connection with the application for a KI Global Master’s program. Scholarship individuals who are awarded will be notified personally.
How to Apply
Applicants will need to share their basic information such as name, birth date, and the country they are native from. All applicants will need to answer if they would accept a partial scholarship as well, this is from the varied scholarships that are available. There is a form that students need to submit to officially submit or register their application.
The CV aspect has a few forms available depending on what the student is studying towards and has experience within:
CV Global Health
CV Health Economics, Policy and Management
CV Health Informatics
CV Nutrition Science
CV Public Health Sciences Epidemiology
CV Public Health Sciences Health Promotion and Prevention
CV Translational Physiology and Pharmacology
The scholarship only covers the tuition fees that a student will be notified about.
The open application window period is from October 18, 2021 – January 17, 2022. Making the deadline official date January 17, 2022. There are no extensions on this deadline date available.
This is now an annual scholarship that has the same deadline date each January.