One undergraduate student will be awarded the Capstone Editing Textbook Grant in the amount of $3,000 AUD per year. This grant is intended to assist the recipient in covering the cost of their textbooks for the duration of their degree program. Many students are forced to make a choice between purchasing their required textbooks and maintaining their standard of life because the cost of textbooks continues to climb. Because the cost of a textbook at Australian institutions typically exceeds $100, and because many courses require numerous volumes, our Textbook Grant can significantly lessen the monetary strain associated with the beginning of the semester.
About the Scholarship Sponsor:
About 300 acres of land in Bedford Park were donated to the University of Adelaide in 1960 so that it might establish a second campus there. It could have involved roughly 150 hectares of land. Flinders University got its start because of this. In 1962, after a year of preparation and planning, construction began. When the Australian Labor Party (ALP) took state government in 1965, they used their election winnings to purchase privately owned land in Bedford Park and establish a university there. After achieving their objective, they reasoned that this was the next best thing to do. On July 1, 1966, Flinders University opened for the first time. Matthew Flinders, a British explorer and geographer, is honored with the naming of this region. Forget about higher education in the United States without the University Act. There were barely 400 students and 90 teachers on campus that March day in 1966.
The initial residents of the campus were professors Sir Mark Mitchell and Peter Karmel. They are the first Chancellor and Vice Chancellor of the university. The Flinders University main campus is conveniently located in the northern area of Australia, close to the university’s other campuses. Bedford Park, located about 12 kilometers from the city center, is home to the main campus of the school. Students have access to numerous facilities on campus, including computer labs, study rooms, a library, and public spaces with free wireless internet. In addition to the usual football field, volleyball court, and basketball court, they also have a baseball diamond and a softball field. Victoria Square, located in the heart of Adelaide’s commercial district, is an excellent location for students looking to get ahead in their studies. The campus is often referred to as the “blood” of a school.
One of Flinders University’s campuses can be found in the South Australian town of Tonsley. Its primary locations in Adelaide, Melbourne, and Darwin are all home to campuses of the university. There are also a number of its branch campuses located in various parts of the country. Flinders University offers a wide variety of majors to its students, including business, the arts, education, engineering, the health sciences, and public administration. Many excellent schools await prospective international students. Numerous job opportunities can also be found in Hong Kong, Singapore, and Malaysia in addition to China. There are 26,000 students and 2,600 faculty, staff, and administration at the school. Taking these steps is necessary for the university to maintain its standing as a member of the IRU’s Consortium of Innovative Research Universities (IRU).
It has established agreements with universities all around the world, allowing its students to continue their studies in locations like Canada, China, the United Kingdom, and Germany. Flinders University has produced some of the world’s most renowned individuals. Because of his outstanding contributions to television, Mario Andreacchio has been honored with an Emmy. He’s worked behind the camera and in front of it. Alex Frayne is rapidly building a reputation as a talented filmmaker and photographer. Actress Noni Hazlehurst is also a talented writer, director, and producer. Both the Australian Recording Industry Association and the Australian Film Institute have honored her work (ARIA).
Shine, based on the biography of musician David Helfgott and directed by Scott Hicks, won the Academy Award for Best Picture. Hicks conceptualized and directed the development of this undertaking. In addition to writing and directing the film, Hicks also played several key roles. As the film’s executive producer, he was responsible for overseeing production. Hicks’s election as Prime Minister of Tonga was a major accomplishment. Brendon Coventry is highly respected for his work in immunology and surgery. Common opinion holds that he discovered the immunological cycle. That he had actually located it was a realization he made well. Christopher Pearson is a respected journalist whose writing is read and cited by many. He has worked as the editor of “The Adelaide Review” and as a speechwriter for former Australian Prime Minister John Howard, among other positions. He gained a great deal of experience between his two positions in the field.
Poet Sudesh Mishra is the recipient of numerous honors for his writing. Everyone famous who ever taught there or attended classes there is included. A link to the organization’s directory is provided on the homepage. Adelaide’s convenient position makes it a good jumping off point for weekend excursions to neighboring cities. Golden beaches and rolling hills are also features of the area. These journeys are not destined for any specific destination. One of the top five best locations to live in the world, according to the 2016 Global Liveability Study. This result shouldn’t come as much of a surprise. Foreign students flock to because the cost of living is so much lower than in other major cities throughout the world. Compared to other major Australian cities, Adelaide has a 14% lower cost of living, according to a number of different studies. Students in Australia now have more disposable income thanks to the general decline in the cost of living, and they are taking advantage of the situation by visiting the country’s many inexpensive tourist destinations.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Flinders University
Scholarship Country: Australia
Scholarship Worth: $3,000
Scholarship Type: Undergraduate
Nationality: International Students
- The grant will be awarded to you in the form of a gift voucher redeemable at a bookstore of your choosing, with a value of one thousand dollars each year for the next three years (assuming that you continue your education). The receiver of the award will have the opportunity to buy any books they consider to be necessary for their academic pursuits
Eligibility for Scholarship
Before submitting an application for this scholarship, please ensure that you meet all of the eligibility requirements, which are as follows:
- In order to be eligible for the grant, you will need to be enrolled in the first year of an undergraduate program at a university in either Australia or New Zealand.
- Either studying on your own or with other people might be beneficial.
- You have the option of studying at home or in another country.
- The stipend is primarily intended for students who are enrolled in school full-time. If you are only able to attend school part-time, you will only be considered for admission if you can provide evidence that you are unable to attend school full-time due to caregiving responsibilities or a medical condition.
- You are required to attend school on a full-time basis for the term of the award. You will be given a gift voucher in the amount of $1,000 every year for the next three years, provided that you maintain your full-time student status throughout those years (you are still eligible if you become a postgraduate student during that time).
- If you work for Capstone Editing or are a contractor for the company, your application will not be considered (or a family member of an employee or contractor).
- The Capstone Editing Textbook Grant for Undergraduate Those is given out to students who demonstrate a significant need for financial assistance. Every application is going to be thoroughly evaluated. The successful applicant will be selected at Capstone Editing’s exclusive discretion, and this decision will not be reconsidered under any circumstances.
RMIT University knows that there are a lot of motivated international students who want to go to college in Australia. For the academic year 2023-2024, the university is offering the Stem Scholarships for students in Latin America to help these students overcome financial barriers. The scholarship is worth $10,000, which they can use to pay for school and focus on their studies.
The Flinders University 2022 Textbook Grant for Undergraduates is open to all International Students
- To submit an application for this scholarship, all you need to do is fill out the form that can be found on the scholarship webpage and supply any supporting documentation.
The application deadline for Flinders University 2022 Textbook Grant for Undergraduates is January 6, 2023